• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think it's time for me to accept the fact that this World will never be the same again from this point on (Time To Escape Into My Own Delusion)

GymWolf

i'm not good with motivational speaks but you look like a funny and capable guy so i know you are not gonna have problems going throught with your life.

best luck to you.

led4lyfe

I’m still furloughed, but prior to covid I was a senior leader and managed hundreds of people of all different color, religions, sexual orientation,-you name it. I have a great relationship with associates within my department and haven’t had any “HR problems” like other leaders in my field.

But I’m dreading going back to work, I already put a lot of pressure on myself to watch what words I say when addressing people and treat everyone equally, but it’s only going to get more difficult. I saw an interview with Lester Holt the other day with Sterling K Brown who was talking about racism and some white ref calling his son “wild” while playing. He forced the ref to apologize to his son who was crying.

Thinking about retiring from this career and just do a brainless job for the rest of my life. I don’t have it in me anymore to tip toe around.

One thing that I do have in my immediate goal is to enter the world of E-Health

Drop Bill Gates an email, he might have a bit of work coming up... It could be you implanting those vaccine microchips!

Nah, I kid, it sucks to read these sad posts. I'm trying to cheer you up.

If it makes the slightest bit if difference, I saved this thread for bedtime reading. Had to give it the proper attention. And yeah, follow EviLore's advice.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima , you are awesome and will always be top 5 in my book. :)

I know your family has had many hardships this year, and I'm so very sorry. You are strong, but sometimes the world has a way of beating us down relentlessly. It can seem like our hardships will never cease and that life will never improve...but always remember that it can get better, and it will.

Much love to you and your family. You are in my prayers, my friend. ❤

GHG

MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima think about the following:

If you do decide to retreat into your fantasy world but the world starts to return to normal in the next 6-12 months (along with those opportunities that you thought were gone forever) , how would you feel if the only reason you were not positioned to take advantage of said opportunities was because you backed yourself into a corner?

Life is what you make of it. If you give yourself no chance then you will have no chances.

Keep pressing on towards your goals down the long windy and rainy road. You might want to give up at some points, that's natural. The end might be out of sight for long stretches, that's natural as well. But when you get to your destination you will be a stronger and wiser person, even if the destination turns out to be something you didn't expect. If at that point you then need to embark on a brand new journey you will be much better equipped than if you hadn't have gone on your first journey. Life is full of journeys and it's one big learning experience, embrace it.

Last edited:

JSoup

Banned
I'm reminded of some advice a friend gave me a while back.
The full brunt of my untreated mental health issues I'd been ignoring was finally baring down on me and I was just....not doing anything. Just felt so much easier to just lay in bed and wait for the heat death of the universe, so that's what I was doing. A friend, who had to dig himself out of a much deeper mental health hole than me, barged into my house with fast food, pulled my fat ass out of bed (literally, he just dragged me out of bed by my arm) and started in:

"You know what you need to do? Anything. Literally anything. Force yourself up for small stuff first. Make your bed, make food, clean clothes, whatever. Once you start, you'll feel better about it and you'll do it regularly. Now you're back up and moving. Next, do literally anything again. Draw. Read. Work on the lawn. You play games, right? Help people through their games for a bit. Any productivity, of any kind, is better than doing nothing. It's not always about money or ultimate happiness. It's about being stable, appreciating what you have and the people around you, then continuing to try and improve yourself. It'll be like that until your final hour."

MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima , you are awesome and will always be top 5 in my book. :)

I know your family has had many hardships this year, and I'm so very sorry. You are strong, but sometimes the world has a way of beating us down relentlessly. It can seem like our hardships will never cease and that life will never improve...but always remember that it can get better, and it will.

Much love to you and your family. You are in my prayers, my friend. ❤
Thank you so much for this wonderful post, Ailynn Ailynn 💙

I'm making sure to make everyday count! I'm seriously thinking how differently (and worse) this past year would've been if I had not joined NeoGAF.

So grateful to be part of this forum :messenger_heart:

Top Bottom