• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I want a simple, sleek keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't need any of that multimedia bullshit, I just want something that looks cool and sleek. Something simple. And something that works for playing games, so I can press a few buttons at once. If I can't find anything like that, I'll get the logitech elite and toss the palm rest. Any suggestions?

xsarien

daedsiluap
ProductDisplay

IBM makes some nice, rock-solid keyboards without any of the bullshit you're never going to use. Most stores should carry it.

ArcadeStickMonk said:
Have you considered that a keyboard might not be the best tool for the gaming?
N52.jpg

Wut iz zat?!?!

The eluminix keyboard is cool, but I want something that doesn't glow. The design is what I'm looking for though....sleek and simple.

jooey said:
hey now, your nick isn't keyboardmonk

But I gaurantee I could justify a "controllerofanykind-monk" nick. Well... not dance pads... or those fishing rod things.

That is the Belkin Nostromo N52, sequel to the N50. Basically it is used to mimick keyboard presses so you can control the game with a nice d-pad and plenty of buttons arranged at your fingertips.

It's fully programmable, with deep macros, and three shift states. Also the software is autodetecting, so you only need to set it up once per .exe. Has a second mousewheel too, also programmable. Kicks the shit out of WASD, ESDF, and possibly even RDFG.

> $40 at a local Gamestop or Compusa

I couple the device with a five button trackball which is almost as programmable, so when I play nearly any PC game my wrists stay comfortable and immobile.

Zaptruder

Banned
The Logitech Dinorvo
2487.jpg

This baby is all about style > function > price

I'd get one myself, but I'm more about price > function > style :(

miyuru

Get a Zippy, nobody has them. Logitechs are so boring, and highly overrated IMO. I'll take MS-ware over Logitech anyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom