• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I would pay $40 to play P.T.

Would you pay $40 to play P.T.?

• Yes... It was worth it!

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • No... It wasn't worth it!

Votes: 58 52.7%
  • I downloaded it in 2015 and used the DNS trick to keep it playable on my PS4

Votes: 35 31.8%

• Total voters

xn0

Unfortunately I never got the chance to play P.T. With it being close to Halloween I'm looking for horror/thriller games to play and everyone says P.T. was one of the scariest games ever made. I'm not sure I want to play the fan made remakes as I've heard they come close but are not the same. I really wish that Konami would change their decision and bring the game back to the PS4 store after removing it 5 years ago.

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
You can play it right now. On PC. In VR if you want. For free.

It plays as good or better than the PS4 version.
This was basically what I was going to say. I know that someone basically created a 1:1 version on PC with improvements. I wouldn't be surprised if there was more than one at this point.

PT was incredibly short, I mean, it was a demo. I'm impressed that you'd wanna pay $40 for it, haha. I mean, in terms of length, it's not really long at all. But it is awesome. Ugh, there I go getting sad about it again. :( Lol..

johntown

Banned
If it was more of a full game sure. Why would anyone pay $40 to play a demo? Was it an amazing demo? Yes for sure but not worth $40. Maybe $5-$10 I would consider just to have it.

Flintty

I would have bought a PS4 for the full game.

I didn’t know you could play the demo on PC. Will have to hunt that bastard down!

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Had you previously download it in 2014-2015, or were you able to get it onto your PS4/PSN Account in 2019 without ever having had it before?
Was the first time that i download the game in 2019.

Is a special method .... im from Mexico so the video is in spanish

But is possible play P.T. in these days.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
It was cool. It could definitely pass as a $20 game, but $40 seems a bit much for such a short and simple game.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I lost it when I had to send my PS4 in for repair and they sent me a refurb back. I honestly didn't care for it, but I don't like that people who had it lost access to it.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I never understood the fascination with pt. It's nothing special. I died all of one time beating it (I guess I was lucky), it was almost boring

Rac3r

This is the equivalent of buying fake Jordans. We tryna play Kojima's masterpiece, not some random neckbeard's lookalike.

• Strength
Reactions: xn0

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
I'm sad that P.T won't transfer over when I switch to PS5. It was a cool little game and scary as hell. And extremely fucking obtuse. Konami should re-list it again for download. Or sell it for 20 bucks, I would gladly pay it.

• Love
Reactions: xn0

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Play something like Layers of Fear 1 or 2, PT is overhyped for no reason, LoF did it first.

Last edited:

nowhat

Gold Member
Seriously. It was a neat demo, and very neat at that. But ultimately, that's all that it was, a demo. Not some masterpiece in gaming, not something that should be celebrated. A demo of a project that never went any further. Just let it die already.

MrS

Banned
It wasn't that good. Couple of jump scares, unsettling atmosphere. Nothing a fan of horror games hasn't seen before.

Trumpeter

Neo Member
I downloaded it on release and still have it available without any DNS-trickery.

Also downloaded the PC-"port", but it's just not the same.

Imagine that Konami thought it was a good idea to delete the demo from the PSN store.

Spaceman292

Banned

I'm not sure which version you're talking about but all the PC remakes I've played have been shit. One was okay but the ghost looked like it was from a PS2 game.

I still have the original demo on my ps4. If I ever lose my copy I won't lose any sleep over it and I certainly wouldn't pay money for it. I've actually considered deleting it but it's in the weird spot of not taking up enough space to justify it's deletion despite never seeing any use.

Now that I don't use my ps4 for anything but watching shows in the guest room, it's just going to stay there until my hard drive fails I guess.

Also I never used any dns tricks to keep it playable but it still works as of like 3 or 4 months ago when someone wanted to see it.

Last edited:

GhostOfTsu

Banned
I never understood the fascination with pt. It's nothing special. I died all of one time beating it (I guess I was lucky), it was almost boring

Same. It was so short, less than a hour and it was so repetitive. I never understood the hype.

Now people bring it up EVERY TIME they want to sell their PS4 or if a game gets delisted as some kind digital-only doomsday scenario. Look at what happened to P.T!! Digital-only is bad!!

Damn people! It was a frigging free demo. Get over it already.

dano1

A Sheep
Really? You walked around in circles for 30 minutes!!
it was creepy though. It was basically a tech demo for there game that didn’t happen

It's 100% not worth it. You know it's super short, right?

It was kind of cool when it was released though. You wanna buy my PS4 pro with PT installed when the PS5 is released? :messenger_sunglasses:

wipeout364

I thought it was a great demo I agree with Danjin44 that a full game (6 to 10 hours would be a bit much) but it was perfect for a demo. I think it would be worth 40 dollars to have a copy of it.

Orky

Banned
I would not. It’s too short. Some sort of a tech demo to me.
many OP, would you also pay $100 for a PS5 UI Demo?

CyRuZ

Banned
No wonder why publishers get greedy. When gamers themselves say they would pay an absurd amount of money for a demo. Smh

Top Bottom