• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If Mortal Kombat had this vibe...

Matsuchezz

I played that game and it was alright, nothing spectacular, the MK mythology is great and they could expand the franchise as an adventure game the hardest thing for them to do would be pick a character that appeals to everyone and develop a story around that, probably a side scroller a la Inside or DEAD Light but in the Mortal Kombat world or the Nether realm could be pretty sweet.

Last edited:
I played that game and it was alright, nothing spectacular, the MK mythology is great and they could expand the franchise as an adventure game the hardest thing for them to do would be pick a character that appeals to everyone and develop a story around that, probably a side scroller a la Inside or DEAD Light but in the Mortal Kombat world or the Nether realm could be pretty sweet.

I mean the creepy vibe of the trailer.

If you stop and think, mk is morbid!

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Sub-Zero had potential with really cool cinematics. The series has certainly taken its chances over the years. I liked how MK9 turned out and retold everyone’s story. Sub-Zero felt like an awesome side story at the time. I remember playing MK3 and 4 at the arcade when this was out on N64. I rented it several times. I liked the aesthetics to it, but it wasn’t the greatest platformer. I almost wish they’d do something dark.

I liked how MKXL & XI brought a darker side to the games. During Deadly Alliance and Deception, vibes were all over the place. It felt good, but it also felt like they were missing something

I mean the creepy vibe of the trailer.

If you stop and think, mk is morbid!

It keeps its roots pretty grounded. The clones of MK did a horrible job at making morbid look cool. Everyone else made a joke of it. At least MK has kept some of their character’s charisma over the years.

Last edited:

Matsuchezz

I remember that a lot of trailers back in the 90's has this vibe

I dig Shadowman a lot, a remake of that would be awesome. It is a shame that acclaim is no more, I read that night Dive studios were working on a port.

The joke is kind of funny

Last edited:

Banned
Let's be honest, mk11 is much better in that aspect!

which is not really a big accomplishment tbh.
and it's absolutely hilarious when you see a small AA studio in Japan making fighting games that feel 10x as tight, have a way more robust fighting system and better animations... but even compared to MK11 that's still true for many low budget Japanese fighting games

which is not really a big accomplishment tbh.
and it's absolutely hilarious when you see a small AA studio in Japan making fighting games that feel 10x as tight, have a way more robust fighting system and better animations... but even compared to MK11 that's still true for many low budget Japanese fighting games

They have the money, they know about the animations.

I can't see mk having dbfz animations, and i think they can't see either. Mk animations is not bad, its unique...And people loved.

It's style and formula.

Top Bottom