• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat 1 – Official Ermac Gameplay Trailer

FeralEcho

Lmao his look in the game was so unniversally hated they literally changed his entire design for the dlc.

But he does looks cool as shit now,why can't this have been his look in the first place,leave it to Netherrealm to fuck up an iconic design only to backpedal on it.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
This game is so lost.....i wish NRS would do their next MK game like a modern day MK2 (arcade). No 5-10 second intros, no 30 second fatalities, no boring ass kameos that noone uses, just a modernized 2d MK game with your towers, a robust online mode, and things that actually make it like the old MK games:

-Hidden characters
-Stage Fatalities
-True unlockable secrets
-Hidden games (like MK Kart, etc...)

They're lost their way in what MK is, or just don't care anymore.

Those awesome 10 second intros that feel like 10 minutes, those floaty and stiff animations on a cool character... Those Kameos that are still, somehow, a dollar store version of King of Fighters 99's Striker system.

Just frustrated because I should be happy with the trailer, Ermac was one of my mains...

But it's on a piece of shit that is ONLY popular because it look shiny, and has a larger focus on actors and actresses wearing stupid costumes, instead of ACTUAL characters.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
How’s the story mode in MK1? The only two things I enjoyed in the modern MK games are the silly story mode and the Krypt, though the Krypt got super grindy and less fun in the more recent games.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Lmao his look in the game was so unniversally hated they literally changed his entire design for the dlc.

But he does looks cool as shit now,why can't this have been his look in the first place,leave it to Netherrealm to fuck up an iconic design only to backpedal on it.

Totally they changed his entire design for the dlc.

By keeping the exact same design and giving him a mask?

sddefault.jpg

mortal-kombat-1-dlc.jpg

mk1-ermac.jpg

ShadowLag

How’s the story mode in MK1? The only two things I enjoyed in the modern MK games are the silly story mode and the Krypt, though the Krypt got super grindy and less fun in the more recent games.
It's essentially the only content in the game. And it's good.

pepodmc_

There is no kript in this mortal kombat and story is a 7.5/10

This game is so lost.....i wish NRS would do their next MK game like a modern day MK2 (arcade). No 5-10 second intros, no 30 second fatalities, no boring ass kameos that noone uses, just a modernized 2d MK game with your towers, a robust online mode, and things that actually make it like the old MK games:

-Hidden characters
-Stage Fatalities
-True unlockable secrets

They need to improve the online first of all. I barely play matches but that's killing the game. Get rid of the god damn 15 second supers that we have to watch play out every damn match would be a good start! I hate that shit. I agree they are lost. They're the Microsoft of fg devs. Woke culture has really damaged MK as well.

Other than that stuff I like the game, but I understand why core fans are disappointed with it. Apparently, Neverrealm is the worst when it comes to properly balancing and while MK1 gives the player more options than MK11, it still doesn't compare to the best fighters on the market. That doesn't really affect me as someone who's not that proficient with fgs.

PS- I find his character model boring to look at but his moveset looks great

Last edited:

-Hidden characters
-Stage Fatalities
-True unlockable secrets

This will never happen. Everything you listed would be sold as MTX/DLC.

Top Bottom