• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If rumors are true, what other studio to develop Halo

UnNamed

Banned
I would try something different for Halo, so no FPS specialized developers to develop the game.

Despite this, I loved People Can Fly during the Bulletstorm era, and I find GOW Judgements was good. But PCF is now a Epic studio, so no.

Probably no Japanese studios or we would see a Halo game every 10 years.

So give me your thoughts.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I’d like to see different teams given the ip to see what they’d turn out. They could all be side stories with different art styles running on different engines. Anything’s better than what we currently have.

Like what kind of Halo would the developers of Metro make? What would Arkane do? Machine Gun games? Some of the smaller indie teams?

kuncol02

Banned
I would try something different for Halo, so no FPS specialized developers to develop the game.

Despite this, I loved People Can Fly during the Bulletstorm era, and I find GOW Judgements was good. But PCF is now a Epic studio, so no.

Probably no Japanese studios or we would see a Halo game every 10 years.

So give me your thoughts.
Current PCF is totally different studio than Bulletstorm era PCF. All key people who worked on it left years ago. It's also not Epic studio. They went independent in 2015.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
MachineGun already have Doom, Wolfenstein and maybe Quake, they already have ton of works.

I know. But I’m looking at it the way the comic book industry works where you have different writers/artists delivering their own takes on characters. I think that could be really cool to see.

Even using Zelda as an example with how different the series has looked over the years.

supernova8

Banned
Which rumors?
failed attempt at a derail
Lose Ace Ventura GIF

why work on a tinted IP, if you are an established Studio?

should be an up an coming studio.

then again......the cycle will repeat itself

ZehDon

Gold Member
Give Arkane a shot at an immersive sim set in the Halo universe. Go full Deep Space Nice - post-Covenant War, takes place on a human space station at the forefront of the integration of covenant and humans together. We play as an Elite peacekeeper. Let's see what else this universe can do besides Master Chief.

k_trout

let it rest like Id software did with doom, then in 10 years get bungie to redo it

with blackjack and hookers

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I knew you'd say that. Halo has some of the biggest brand recognition in video games. It's one of a handful of games to have a TV show made from it's IP. It's massive.

While the past few years have been... ...Suboptimal, and it's something of a poison chalice (practically zero chance to release a Halo game which will satisfy all fans), loads of developers would love to have the chance to make a Halo game.

Pelta88

If the rumours are true it doesn't matter which studio gets Halo. What is important, is management and how those studios are run.

I knew you'd say that.
because is true
Halo has some of the biggest brand recognition in video games. It's one of a handful of games to have a TV show made from it's IP. It's massive.
yeah. because it was huge back in the day.
While the past few years have been... ...Suboptimal, and it's something of a poison chalice (practically zero chance to release a Halo game which will satisfy all fans), loads of developers would love to have the chance to make a Halo game.
you mean since 343i took over the IP?...like 10 years ago.

nothing 343i did satisfied the fans. there is always an issue; if is not the multiplayer it was the single player.

developers would love to have a chance to make halo (and make their own halo)...just to be trashed by the perpetually dissatisfied fanbase.

Now look at current gaming market.
when Halo first launched it was revolutionary and unique. Now....Multiplayer has become ubiquitous and the competition is greater than ever.

any developer "happy" to make a Halo game will have the same (if not greater) difficulties appealing to the old fans and trying to keep up with the industry standards as 343i had all these years.

but sure. Someone has to keep making halo games.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I kinda feel bad for people like you who are trying to so hard to shill for a game you once hated. You don't actually want to commit to playing to this game, but still trying hard to advertise it for free to others only because your corporation of choice bought it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom