• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Live: Phil Spencer Post-Showcase Interview

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Ryan: "When you make a 70 billion dollar acquisition, do you start hearing from your bosses more?"

Phil: "We are given a ton of leeway to run and grow our business. But the thing we challenge ourselves to do is to try and do new things... When I announced Game Pass, people said we were teaching people that games are free."

The M.O. for Xbox today: "From early on, we would say when everybody plays, we all win. If you sit back and try and frame this industry through the lens of who sold a console today, Xbox is doing something different. It’s about creators and players and amazing games coming to them."

Phil Spencer bringing his personal fluffer is a nice touch.

Personal Fluffer?

bKU5u3u.jpeg

This what you mean? 👀 👀

Ryan: "When you make a 70 billion dollar acquisition, do you start hearing from your bosses more?"

Phil: "We are given a ton of leeway to run and grow our business. But the thing we challenge ourselves to do is to try and do new things... When I announced Game Pass, people said we were teaching people that games are free."

What has Phil even done to earn this unlimited access to uncle Satya's wallet?

Imagine $70 billion in the hands of Nintendo.

clarky

Gold Member

Summary thread

If the Xbox handheld did exist, would it be able to play without an internet connection? "I think the ability to play a game locally is very important."

On Doom Dark Ages coming to PS5: "Doom is definitely one of those franchises that has a history of so many platforms. It’s a franchise that I think everyone deserves to play."

Usual none answers from the summary sigh, ill tune in whilst i cut my toe nails.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Pretty much the only thing that would interest me as well. A portable xbox that plays my library , BC & game pass.

If it hooks up to the TV/monitor i could ditch the laptop.

Radical_3d

Exactly one hard question with no follow up like: “yes, you have the responsibility of running a profitable business but your profit was actually bigger before closing Tango”. As expected.

Top Bottom