• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny Xcast Discontinued

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
Sweet, Alanah Pearce tit thread from this post on?
Even Alanah can't stop NeoGAF obsessing over Xbox's demise.

Also
R.e9e9938e7960d9f0f93737b87c68b848

Last edited:

AmuroChan

KF isn’t more diversified. If anything they have become more and more regressive while LSM takes chances and expands.

LSM also has much lower overhead because they don't have an expensive studio to maintain, and they only have two full time employees. Everyone else at LSM is PT.

Pejo

Gold Member
Similar to an Xzibit i think
It might have sounded like a meme, but I genuinely had no idea. I thought it had something to do with Xwitter, like some sort of livestream feature or something. Now after reading the thread I can see it was an Xbox focused podcast.

midnightAI

🙄 Good grief.

The only “war” that ever happened was in the fanboy’s lame dreamscapes.

The entire industry is slowly moving to being able to play your games across any device you own. *Yes, eventually Sony will go that route too.*

Console exclusives are in the midst of dying (except for Nintendo). And eventually proprietary consoles will die too.
#SonyToooooooo

Also

#FollowTheLoser

(Sony has zero reason to put all their single player first party games on other devices day 1 without consequence, MS wants to do that to make money due to Gamepass making them F all, this is what happens when you concentrate on 'engagement' instead of actual sales)

CashPrizes

I used to listen when it started because I like Alanah well enough and really enjoy Gary Whitta's take on things. Snow Bike Mike is the brand enthusiast and does a good enough job as host.
Six months in once Gary and Alanah weren't on every episode I stopped listening.

Roufianos

KF has a much, much more diversified approach to income compared to LSM. KF has a plethora of different income streams whereas LSM relies very heavily on their Patreon followers.
Yes, Colin doesn't milk his much bigger audience with live streams or publisher advertising. KF was always more video focused than LSM yet even on YouTube their views are fewer.

Absolute scumbags.

I used to listen to many gaming podcasts. Then politics and wokeness started to pop up more and more, so I stopped. I gave Gerstmann's podcast a chance, but he has also too many bad takes based on his politics/wokeness. As for gaming podcasts, now I only listen to the XB2 podcast.

Lunarorbit

When colin left so did I. I really liked Nick and could tolerate Greg when he was focused but he was all over the place and talks too fast when he gets excited.

Tim Gettys was horrible. He never had an interesting topic when they did round tables and he was very dismissive especially around colin. That type of attitude made me leave.

Plus Kinda Funny become the gamestop of podcasts. Greg was always hosting some event and wasn't focused. They just kept expanding for no reason. Plus if you disagree with them you're dead

Reactions: CLW
Kinda Funny Xcast is Discontinuing today ,it was originally held by Alanah Pearce and other content creators. It interviewed big names such as Todd Howard and Phil Spencer in the past

Mods, please tag this as a troll post lol. It's a good troll tho. Kinda funny is cancelling BOTH XCast and their playstation podcast PS ILY. They are simply combining them into "games cast".

SHA

Okay, it turned out there are actually more people who likes PCs more than Greg Miller, the PC s part from this guy wasn't professional at all, if a guy presenting hatred more than love towards something then the show is obviously gonna become pointless and unprofessional.

Ughhh.... I will never forgive the douchebag known as Greg Miller for what he did to Colin back in the day. Hope the rest of his show goes under, or at least he learns a lesson
It was mutual. Colin wasn't exactly an innocent victim. He was hit really hard by Cancel culture, to be sure. But the actual business separation and all of that was mutual. He never wanted it to be more than him & Greg, and as soon as it got bigger and Tim joined, Colin was already one foot out the door. Tim and Colin absolutely hated each other.

Last edited:

violence

It was mutual. Colin wasn't exactly an innocent victim. He was hit really hard by Cancel culture, to be sure. But the actual business separation and all of that was mutual. He never wanted it to be more than him & Greg, and as soon as it got bigger and Tim joined, Colin was already one foot out the door. Tim and Colin absolutely hated each other.
I never understood why it wasn't just Colin and Greg. Tim F'd up a good thing then.

Last edited:

CamHostage

It was mutual. Colin wasn't exactly an innocent victim. He was hit really hard by Cancel culture, to be sure. But the actual business separation and all of that was mutual. He never wanted it to be more than him & Greg, and as soon as it got bigger and Tim joined, Colin was already one foot out the door...

Also, if you go back to the archives, you'll notice that Colin was already drawing back from KF shows and launching his own separate projects a short time before it all blew up. The split was likely inevitable, with or without the growth or incident.

They're pretty different folks, and got along on a common level but varied wildly in their further interests or voice in communication.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Does anybody listen to gaming podcasts? At least to me they sound really bad on idea level.

How? It's literally a great way to get gaming news and opinions from people that game on a regular.

Top Bottom