• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Madworld review - 9.0

Amir0x

Banned
SovanJedi said:
I just watched the video review. Why the hell does Dan Casserole always, ALWAYS want online leaderboards in all his games? Seriously. The guy would want them implemented in Harvest Moon next, I bet.

Actually Harvest Moon wouldn't be so bad with leaderboards. All comparing your total domestic gross for the year and shit :lol

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Amir0x said:
Actually Harvest Moon wouldn't be so bad with leaderboards. All comparing your total domestic gross for the year and shit :lol

It-

Bu-

I mea-

...oh, fine. I concede defeat. :<

TreIII

Amir0x said:

Dagnabbit, Ami! Your style is impetuous, for suggesting this! :lol

big_z

Nicktals said:
I believe it's unlocked after beating easy mode.

EDIT: edited for clarification.

im hoping you get something for beating it on hard. seems like quite the challenge and i doubt any reviewers will beat it on hard for the review.

big_z said:
im hoping you get something for beating it on hard. seems like quite the challenge and i doubt any reviewers will beat it on hard for the review.
You unlock color!

That would be cool, but I just made it up so don't get excited

Why on earth would anyone want a brawler to be any more than 6 or so hours? These kinds of games are very repetitive in nature - you don't want it to be 15+ hours long.

Narcosis

JudgeN said:
Damn no one defended Heavenly sword 5 hours of gameplay.

O well I'm give it a rent or wait for a massive price drop.

There's not much to defend about the game.
How about this: It has nice cutscenes?

*shrug*

Anyways, nice 1up score. No stores in my area had the game yet today, probably still in shipping phase. I wish the games industry would switch to a release date model like every other media form.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Pojo said:
I recently beat No More Heroes and I am currently punching my way through God Hand. If it's as long as those, which get praised fairly often, who cares? This game looks like a carbon copy of NMH with a decent level of polish and more variety in the gameplay.

Beat-em-ups have always been like this. Short bursts of bloody excess that would get stale if they tried to stick in filler content. I don't even put DMC and Ninja Gaiden in the same genre, those games have too much platforming/puzzle bullshit.

What?

whaT?

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
An A- from 1up! The game must suck for being so damn short to get that minus! I heard RE5 is only half the length of RE4 as well. Another suck game I must troll in it's review topic. Quickly trolls to the hydrofoil!

Haunted

neogaf_avatar_EXCITE.jpg

holy shit :lol

Shurs

ZealousD said:
Did Heavenly Sword have the kind of hard mode that MadWorld has?

Not to mention that Heavenly Sword wasn't even nearly as awesome as MadWorld is.

Have you played Mad World or Heavenly Sword?

Haunted

I like how reviewers are stating that this is finally a mature/core game for the kiddie Wii console, as if Resident Evil, Call of Duty, Manhunt, Medal of Honor, Disaster etc. etc. etc. don't exist.

Gaming journalists :lol

Coolio McAwesome said:
MadWorld is a third-party exclusive for the Wii that's aimed at "hardcore" gamers and is getting excellent reviews. I should have known that this thread would be full of hate.

A lot of people in this thread are acting as though the resolution a game runs at is more important than its gameplay or overall design. Others are debating the length of the game without taking the genre and replay value into consideration. And, naturally, you have the usual "Wii games shouldn't be full price" comments thrown in for good measure. I'm not suggesting that the game doesn't have any flaws, but I find it hilarious how a game can get a 9.0 and people still feel the need to shine a spotlight on negative aspects about the game. IGN's review of the game was overwhelmingly positive. Why is this thread so negative?
because it's on that pos Wii, d'oh. :mad:

v1cious said:
cause Bioshock and Assasin's Creed certainly didn't sell millions
multi-million dollar marketing campaigns =! selling solely on internet hype

Can't wait for this game, will be so good.

edit: whoever posted the Fox and the Grapes fable gets it.

AniHawk

v1cious said:
well then give me a good example, cause i can't even think of one since launch.

Shouldn't you be giving us a good example of a 3rd party game that fails or something. Of course, you said you can't think of one, so.

v1cious

Banned
AniHawk said:
Shouldn't you be giving us a good example of a 3rd party game that fails or something. Of course, you said you can't think of one, so.

uhh... that's kinda hard, since it's pretty much all of them, except for maybe three.

you know... i'm done with this argument, let's let the NPD's do the talking.

markatisu

v1cious said:
uhh... that's kinda hard, since it's pretty much all of them, except for maybe three.

you know... i'm done with this argument, let's let the NPD's talking.

The NPD's have been talking for months, if you want we can start listing the examples because they go back as far as December 2007 with Lego Star Wars (which stills showed up an entire December later)

Volcynika

v1cious said:

Yeah, the NPD's, which only give us games in the top 10. That makes sense.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Shurs said:
Have you played Mad World or Heavenly Sword?

I've played Heavenly Sword.

You can't shove a signpost through somebody's head in Heavenly Sword. MadWorld wins by default.

AniHawk

v1cious said:

Guy you quoted: "NMH IS A CRAPPY EXAMPLE OF A WII GAME THAT DID POORLY!"
You: "WELL THEN SHOW ME A GOOD EXAMPLE OF A WII GAME THAT DID POORLY. I CAN'T THINK OF ONE."

See what I mean. That's what I mean. I could list stuff, but then you'd look like a moron and you wouldn't like that.

Jokeropia

v1cious said:

you know... i'm done with this argument, let's let the NPD's do the talking.
"I got called on my BS and found that I couldn't defend it". :lol

Priceless.

Top Bottom