• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Marvel's Avengers: Spider-Man Exclusive Hands-On Preview

Bartski

Gold Member
Cringe Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Doesn't even get his own story missions and plays like an existing character? And it only took them a year to shit out? Impressive!

What do you expect from a promotional movie tie-in? This was ALWAYS meant to be just a promo for the third Spider-Man movie, but COVID delayed things.

SJRB

Gold Member
Oof that looks terrible, and considering even IGN is pretty harsh about this, it's probably gonna be bad.

Kuranghi

I'm not watching that, 24fps video of gameplay lmao. Maybe I'm being over the top but thats fucking moronic. Its the same with those asian vaporware games, it looks like poo.

Already in this thread people are confused, yes a big reason why that looks jank as fuck is because the video is 24fps, game could've been running at 120fps but the video pulls it down to 24fps.

ckaneo

Looks pretty good for the Avengers game. That said, the game itself is the problem. Enemies are boring. Missions are boring. Janky combat and camera.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
No story mission according to Kotaku

Game was a case of diarrhea ending with a spuddering fart….

Last edited:
No story mission according to Kotaku
This is a trash take (expected from kotaku)because it was know for ages, he was never going to come with an expansion type mission, because those are used to further tell the ongoing story; since he's exclusive to one system, that was never happening.

Castef

Banned
What do you expect from a promotional movie tie-in? This was ALWAYS meant to be just a promo for the third Spider-Man movie, but COVID delayed things.
In some ways I guess it managed to damage the sales of the game instead of boosting them.

A person interested in the Avengers would have bought the game regardless of Spider-Man while people not owning a PlayStation console may feel that their Spider-Man-less edition would be "incomplete" and skip the game due to this.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
SPIDERMAN was always going to be limited by the world design of AVENGERS. There are definitely areas in the game that have the large structures that SPIDERMAN needs for the webslinging, but the forest areas or open roads definitely show the limitations of traversal in a game that's not catered to anyone hero.

I don't know if it's the quality of the video, but even the 2014 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 looks better than that.

No it doesn't.

iorek21

Looks good, Insomniac spoiled us with their great work and it would be near impossible for CD to even get close to it.

No story missions for him kind of suck, but alright; at least its free.

SPIDERMAN was always going to be limited by the world design of AVENGERS. There are definitely areas in the game that have the large structures that SPIDERMAN needs for the webslinging, but the forest areas or open roads definitely show the limitations of traversal in a game that's not catered to anyone hero.

No it doesn't.
Yes it does:
Pfnc6mF.jpg

hy1eVzs.jpg

This shit honestly looks like they had texture detail set to "low" or something, everything looks so poor and washed out in that video.

I mean, wtf even is this? There's no reason it should look that bad.
I don't know why it looks so bad, it's from the linked video in 1080p. But i think even if it wasn't that much washed out, it wouldn't look great.

It really doesn't, the bottom picture has a way lower polygon count, and the specular highlights and texture detail are low res as fuck.
And we've also seen what the classic steve ditko inspired suit actually looks like without video compression:
classic-7enkUg2ea.png
Looks still bad to me.

Top Bottom