• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: StarCraft Will Never Die

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

StarCraft has been one of the most played games in internet cafes in South Korea for 24 years. These gaming hot spots, called PC Bangs, house dozens to hundreds of PCs, and when StarCraft launched in 1998 it fueled the massive expansion of PC Bangs, spawned an entire esports industry, and made 15-year-old kids rock stars. Here's why StarCraft is an immortal game, and still holds a top 10 spot in PC Bangs to this day.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
This game blew my mind the first time I played it. I was like 12 or so and the only RTS games I've saw where Warcraft II and the AoE games. Those game's where great ofc but man, Starcraft really won me with it's graphics, settings, races and that damn OST, specially on the Terran missions.

Guess I should stop creaming over this post and go get the remaster. Do we know if it's good?

TheMan

24 years old, jesus christ.

Do people still play SCII? I bought the first release way back when but never bothered to get the subsequent expansions. Worth it?

Paulxo87

starcraft is one of the best RTS games of all time. Almost completely perfect balance. The remastered edition makes the game completely timeless for decades to come. IDK much about SC2 however.

Skifi28

IGN sucks, but the statement is true. Professional matches are better than ever, can't get enough of the game.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Do people still play SCII? I bought the first release way back when but never bothered to get the subsequent expansions. Worth it?
I really liked the follow-up entries for the Zerg and Protoss. I only ever played the single player campaigns...

Nautilus

Banned
Yeah, Starcraft is one of the best games of all time. It holds just as well today as it did when it launched.

Its one of those games that will eternally be in people's mind.

dwish

Yes. If it's multiplayer you're interested in most of it is F2P nowadays.

Topher

Gold Member
Greatest Of All Time Nba GIF by SportsManias

Fools idol

Banned
Broodwar multiplayer is the greatest RTS ever created by a mile. Back in the days I would spend entire weekends watching replays and trawling through TL for the Bonjwa's (savior) games, during his reign of 2005-7 or so he was absolutely fucking unbeatable. It was almost like watching a computer AI play with maphack on.

To this day I don't think I've ever seen a competetive player so dominant for so long, shit was crazy. He constantly innovated Zerg and made all the Terran and Toss players look like chumps. When he was implicated in the max fixing scandal I was not surprised one bit, he was clearly tired of the lack of competition from the mortals.

Such a beautifully intricate game.

BlackTron

The first one is the best game of all time. But I play the second one even though it pissed me off with the botched story and lack of LAN mode, because I'm an adult and can't be arsed to micro clumsy dragoons.

Top Bottom