• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: The 10 Best Action Games of All Time.

Handel

God of War(2018) is one of the best games of all time, but the worst action game on the list. It's an action adventure title.

God Hand and Bayonetta are the cream of the genre for me. Granted I haven't played everything, but it's one of my favorite genres, and GOW 2018 doesn't need to be anywhere near the list, let alone at the top, oh my!

Disregarding calling this list such a blanket statement like 'ACTION games', people actually thinking God of War (2018) is on this list because it's deserving is funny.

Max_Po

Banned
10. Ninja Gaiden 2
9. Vanquish
8. God of War III
7. Bayonetta
6. Bayonetta 2
5. Metal Gear Rising
4. Devil May Cry 3
3. Devil May Cry 5
2. Ninja Gaiden Black
1. God of War 2018

So, a decent list that proves someone at IGN still has decent taste. But at the same time #1 is the worst action game on the list. Also Bayo 2 over the original? Nah.

aaah yes, opinion... only your is the right one...

brap

Banned
aaah yes, opinion... only your is the right one...
Found the IGN editor that made this list
mjlol.png

Shifty1897

Overall a good list except for #1. I might have put God of War 2 on there instead and made Ninja Gaiden Black #1. Resident Evil 4 could have made it on there too.

At least DmC didn't make it on.

Last edited:

*Nightwing

Action is a broad term encompassing action adventure, side scrolling shooters and no old school games on list or did I miss something?

How can it be missing Contra and legend of Zelda? I prefer to replay either of those for the hundredth time than any game on that list.

Enzo88

Black's combat is several spans ahead of gow 2018, which is a really good game for many reasons, but if we are talking about characters action games, that first place is pretty bad as it is.

Arachnid

God of War 2018 shouldn't even be on the list. Gameplay wise, it was a poor mans Dark Souls. On the other hand Bloodborne and Dark Souls should both be on that list, and high up.

Glad to see Ninja Gaiden on there though,. Like Enzo said, Black should be super high on that list, if not number 1.

Last edited:
Top Bottom