• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'll Be In LA For Siggraph This Week And I Welcome Anyone That Wants To Meet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leguna

Banned
My name is Alberto Crespo and I'd love the chance to meet any one from here. I'll be staying at The Otani Hotel and Garden in LA about 14 blocks from the LA Convention Center. If anyone wants to meet, just let me know when and where you want to meet. My email address is albertojc@aol.com and my AIM screen name is albertojc.

I'm already going to meet up with Teddman (look forward to seeing you again man!). I'll be bringing my digital camera with me and some other funny stuff for you to see :)

3phemeral

Eh, I might volunteer, my friend said she'd get me in but I'll be working most the week. If I can spare the time I'll try to swing buy, make some connections-- get my foot in the door =P

Leguna

Banned
3pheMeraLmiX:
How much do you know about Siggraph. Do you do CG as well? Post some of your work!

I'll be in LA from Mon-Thurs. Feel Free to stop by my room at the Otani Hotel and Garden.

Saturnman

Banned
OMG, meeting Leguna at last! A dream come true. :p

But I can't be in LA. Bummer. If you ever go up north, just warn us. ;)

Teddman

Leguna, looks like Tuesday's the day I'll be hitting Siggraph this year. Hit me up on the celly-cell or vice-versa and we'll kick it Convention Center style like we do on the Wes' Side BAAAABAY!

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Are j00 bringing Catzgirl with j00?

3phemeral

Eck my stuff is lightyears behind your stuff leguna. But here goes:

TestRender6_0054.jpg

test0090.jpg

The Bump Map was too strong on this test render, so on the final I toned it down. This was my first project for beginning animation 3 years ago.

PirateShipModel03.jpg

I lost my original bmp of the final render ~_~

My teacher is the director of the educational... something, I forgot what. LOL but his name is Tony Longson. I've never been to SIGGRAPH before so he recommended that I make new contacts. I work full-time, though, so it's hard to find the time to head down there... but I'm 5 minutes away *_* Sad I get off work at 5 :(

Leguna

Banned
Teddman:
I'll definitely call you on your cell as soon as I get to LA tonight. I want to meet up for sure!

3pheMeraLmiX:
Not bad, not bad, your attention to detail is excellent.

evil solrac v3.0 said:
this is THE leguna. the final judgement leguna. death to all pretenders and all that.

In that case, Hey Leguna, do you want to check out how the pros do 2D digitally? i know you are doing your concepts with Photoshop on Wacom, so you might be interested in this event.

http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=9418

If you make it into town on time, just meet me at the event and I'll get you in. PM me for details.

3phemeral

Hey, maybe you guys should plana dinner or something? I think that woul dbe interesting ^_^

leguna: Thanks -- I'm a detail whore but I get burnt out easily. That ship took me around 3 days to build on crappy cinema4d version 5. That software is going to be the death of me.

Leguna

Banned
Shogmaster:
There is only ONE Leguna and I'm him. I will definitely check out that guy's demo at siggraph, thanks for the tip.

evil solrac v3.0:
I finished writting my Onimusha 3 review, I'm just trying to finish the Onimusha 3 drawing (I'm going to be taking these pictures I make much more seriously now and send quality time with them).

Leguna said:
Shogmaster:
There is only ONE Leguna and I'm him. I will definitely check out that guy's demo at siggraph, thanks for the tip.

He's doing it only once, at a special corel event outside of Siggraph which is an unveiling of Painter 9. The address is 125 W 4th St (parking available corner of Main and 4th, corner of Spring and 4th). 5-8pm today (Monday 9th).

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Leguna said:
Shogmaster:
*cough* ahem *cough*
<---- GAF's first Laguna

Catzgirl

Teddman said:
siggraph_ted_leguna3.jpg

Ted and Leguna were at Siggraph this year, and you weren't.

:lol :lol

Oh man, Berto's trying to be like Vincent in Collateral there, hahaha! Hey Teddman, I heard you and Berto had a good time :) Nice pic!

Teddman

He already mastered the California Ahnold "no tie" professional look. ;)

I got more pics with Leguna and Siggraph, have to upload them this weekend...

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Shit, how old are you guys?

I would have loved to go to Siggraph but money's tight. I've been going for 4 years now but I couldn't make it to this one unfortunately.

I'm another CG artist that peruses these forums. I guess I should put my work up on the internet, just have to transfer it from my backup HDs and DVDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom