• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Impress the sharks..... What's YOUR billion dollar gaming idea?

havoc00

293e8cfe-4b1c-4c21-a45a-20809276e70d_54aac3a7.jpg

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
It's 1997 and everyone's talking about Sony's dual analog/shock controllers while I'm playing Steep Slope Sliders on my Sega Saturn and imagining a range of sports simulation titles that utilize the left and right stick as corresponding leg controls, starting with the obvious skiing game but also having snowboarding, skating, rowing and pretty much anything else you can think of that may have independent leg or even arm controls of the sort work for it. I think most of it still hasn't been done (though games like Ape Escape probably did paddling and stuff so a rowing example I guess).

Last edited:

kondorBonk

Horror Driver

Chap 1: Hitch Hiker
Have to keep an eye on both the road and stranger in the back of the car. Not calling out suspicious activity allows the killer to progress. Constant road obstacles forcing you to divert attention.

Chap 2: Captive
With the hitch hiker in control of the car and you incapacitated, you must escape from the trunk in a escape room like sequence. Maybe even getting the attention of local law enforcement or damaging the car in some way.

Chap 3: Duel
Like the movie duel, the killer is now close on your tail in his big rig in a long desert stretch. The race to civilization may be too far with the little gas you have left. Somehow you must convince the truck to take a dangerous path and become the hunter.

MarkMe2525

A game like rome total war, but at any time you can take over a single unit and fight in first person/third person combat. Also the same as this but online with at least 10k people per game and with a commander system like Hell Let Loose. A bit mount and blade but much better.
I remember a game back in mid 2000's that advertised a similiar premise. A midevil rts that allowed you to take control of individual soldiers. I'm sure some people here are familiar with the title.

Ar¢tos

A very complex game or set of games connected in real time to each others where players join multiple Factions that can form alliances or go to war over the exploration of resources of a planet (think Dune). The gameplay is divided between several "games", some players engage in space battles, others in land battles (fps style), others do resource management and battle assist (rts style) others do resource gathering (tomorrow children style) and the final group does exploration of new areas and deals with wildlife + pesky natives (3rd person action game style or even "souls").

Interfectum

6NyeJOX.jpg
jEiom9A.jpg
NbvtbbM.jpg

"Introducing the Knights of the Old Republic Remake, a trilogy that reimagines the classic with a modern twist. Much like the success of the Final Fantasy VII Remake, we propose a three-game series with state-of-the-art graphics and a continuous narrative, where each game's saves lead into the next. Our vision includes infusing the games with fresh, unexpected elements to captivate both long-time fans and newcomers. With a $500 million budget for the trilogy, set for biennial releases, we're targeting a demographic with proven spending power: original trilogy fans and boys aged 5 and above, tapping into merchandise potential from toys to games.

We plan to collaborate with a top-tier animation studio for a prequel movie on Disney+, ensuring brand synergy and media cross-promotion. Our strategy avoids divisive content, focusing purely on universal appeal. Additionally, we're setting the stage for an expansive future, with the third game concluding in a way that naturally leads into new movies, games, shows, and comics.

A key marketing strategy is partnerships, such as a Happy Meal collaboration with McDonald's coinciding with the movie and game releases. We're ensuring a wide reach by launching on all major platforms: PS5, Xbox, the upcoming Switch 2, and Steam. Furthermore, integrating our characters into popular mobile Star Wars games will enhance our presence in the lucrative mobile gaming market. This project isn't just a game release; it's a multifaceted franchise rejuvenation."

UXftDUH.jpg
LSSoBOx.jpg

Last edited:

Damigos

Create a good bug free game with no season passes micro dlc surprise mechanics battle pass etc and release it.

Thats the end of you spending money.
Forever
Now the money is coming.
Forever

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
When I was like 10 or 11 years old, I wrote this gigantic game design document over the course of a few months. The premise of the game was that it started off as a 2D platformer, but as you progressed through the game, the genres would start changing. There were thematic reasons why you’d go from something like a 3D action adventure to a puzzle game, to rhythm, to RTS, etc. It was sort of like a WarioWare game, only each genre would last 5-30 minutes, instead of 5-30 seconds, and they would be loosely connected through a story and characters.

Needless to say, it was an incredibly ambitious idea, since it basically was a game made of complete vertical slices of dozens of game genres. Once I started getting more serious into game dev and went to college for it, I realized this was a completely unrealistic project at the time, since it meant I’d have to personally perfect just about every game genre out there.

Nowadays, it’s a bit less of a stretch, since there are so many incredible pre-built gameplay engines for just about every genre inside of Unity, UE, and even GMS. Maybe someday I’ll return back to that concept. Though my coding chips have declined significantly over the last decade.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
A football game that doesn't solely focus on micro-transactions, and also comes with a robust editing mode.

Nothing original, pretty simple actually.

Let's go back to PS2 era, quickly.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
OIG.nPngRp8SNSQMY9XLJN7a

The DEFENDOOR.

These days you can’t get get into a heated smack talking fest during a CoD match, without worrying about being Swatted.

The DEFENDOOR eliminates all incoming threats so you can verbally eviscerate your enemies without fear of law enforcement bursting in and filling you full of lead.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Ok here's what we do, I need Zuckerberg, Nintendo and maybe Sony but not really.

We are making a Pokemon MMORPG live service in VR for PCVR, Quest and PSVR2. A bundle with the Q3 will be available.

Last edited:

nkarafo

A modern take on the Escape game from Spectrum, where you control a prisoner trying to escape but if you let him idle, he just automatically follows the camp's program, roll calls, etc.

Fbh

"Ok guys hear me out, I've boiled my pitch down to some keywords I thought would be of your interest:
Microtransactions...GAAS...battle pass...GAAS...$20 Skins.... GAAS... Recurrent consumer spending...GAAS...cross media promotion ...GAAS...engagement...GAAS.

You can wire the money at your earliest convenience"

Top Bottom