• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In-N-Out Burgers not coming east. Steak N Shake still secretly the best.

causan

As a lifelong socal resident, In-N-Out serves its purpose well as one of the best cheap burgers you can get. Though, Fatburger and The Habit are definitely better for not costing much more and as others have mentioned Five Guys is expensive as hell for a decent burger.
If I was going to spend that much for a burger I would go the best burger joint Slater's 50/50.

timthumb.jpg

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
As a lifelong socal resident, In-N-Out serves its purpose well as one of the best cheap burgers you can get. Though, Fatburger and The Habit are definitely better for not costing much more and as others have mentioned Five Guys is expensive as hell for a decent burger.
If I was going to spend that much for a burger I would go the best burger joint Slater's 50/50.

timthumb.jpg

Thick burgers, zzz.

Peeps need to stop coming in here and posting gourmet burger comparisons.

Not the same tier, foools!

Hmmm these should be places with a drive-thru? Habit and Five guys are still higher priced than an InO burger

theWB27

timthumb.jpg

I spent 42 dollars on two meals at fatburger.

Xiaoki

Why do do many people argue that In-N-Out is cheap and thus better?

I don't care what the price is or if it's fast or not. Speed and price does not determine quality.

If I just wanted a burger that was real cheap and real fast I would go to Hot 'n Now.

And, yeah, you heard right. Hot 'n Now in 2017. There's still one open in this area (I think the only one).

snap

Banned
As an Arizona native, we have:
  • Five Guys
  • In'N'Out
  • Whataburger
  • Smashburger
  • Habit Burger
  • And coming soon to U of A's food court, Steak N Shake
I feel like we have the best of every world. The only one I'm aware of that we don't have is White Castle, but it doesn't seem we're missing that much.

My personal favorite is Whataburger. Come at me.

Edit: We also have Freddy's and Culver's but idk if people actually care about those.

Chris R

timthumb.jpg

Damn, that looks tasty. Gonna have to visit it in SD when I'm there in a few months.

causan

Peeps need to stop coming in here and posting gourmet burger comparisons.

Not the same tier, foools!

Hmmm these should be places with a drive-thru? Habit and Five guys are still higher priced than an InO burger

No drive-thru but at Slater's you can get a designer burger + fries + soft drink for $12.49. That's cheaper than Five Guys.
craft-cravings-slider-1.jpg

I spent 42 dollars on two meals at fatburger.

Im not sure what your ordering but the standard meal at Fatburger is $8.99
6161705482_c8a8c56a43_b.jpg

theWB27

No drive-thru but at Slater's you can get a designer burger + fries + soft drink for $12.49. That's cheaper than Five Guys.

I never tried to figure out why... but looking at that menu now i see. My first time there and definitely didn't go standard.

Volimar

Mod wars! Mass hysteria!

Is that fried egg on a burger? Y'all making me hungry at 3 am.

Tagyhag

Fatburger's burgers are overrated, they're ok, just nothing special.

It's cool how customizeable they are though.

That said, their chili dogs are fantastic. If someone gets a burger from them any time soon, definitely try a chili scoop.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Those prices are current. They're what we paid last month to eat there.

Also: http://www.fastfoodmenuprices.com/in-n-out-prices
Not in the Bay, they're not. SoCal, why you keep winning!!!

Code:
[IMG]https://s3-media2.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/k0HoRcWIzpYbtQ-R1kcKQw/o.jpg[/IMG]

(Note: This image was from December 2016, so they're a bit higher now, I think.)

As a SoCal-ian, I'm really getting annoyed at the food in the Bay. The worst.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Hey mods can I come up with an alternate thread title? PM me I've got really good ideas about things in life.

finalflame

The east coast honestly doesn't deserve In-N-Out; it's whack. Now if In-N-Out could just come move from CA to WA like I did, that'd be fantastic. In-N-Out and street tacos are the only things CA still has on WA.

Sandfox

I need to go there in the near future. There's one not too far from me.

Game Guru

I see the mods favor the superior option in both Burgers and Shakes. I will admit that their Fries are weak, but if you put some of that seasoning on them, they're okay enough for me.

I feel like this needs to be said in every in n out thread: in N Out is good because you get good quality for the relatively cheap price. There are better burgers for more money out there.

Nista

I'm on the east coast mod side, we only go to In n Out when it's super late and nothing else is open. The burgers are fine, but the shakes are cloyingly sweet and leave me sick to my stomach afterwards. Most of all, their fries are an abomination in the many eyes of the potato gods.

I'd take snake and shake or five guys as a roadside stop preferably. Slaters is good, but feels more like a sit down only place.

There's a Steak n Shake nearby that i sometimes go to. They're pretty good. They're open basically all night too which is a huge plus. And they're pretty cheap as well.

KSweeley

So I guess this is the GAF burger thread for West and East Coast U.S.

Here in Baltimore, we have McDonalds, Burger King, Shake Shack AND Five Guys. I've had burgers from all 4 places and the burgers from Shake Shack and Five Guys are much more tastier than the burgers I got from McDonalds and Burger King.

I've heard so much about In-N-Out from some West Coast folks I've chatted with and they claim In-N-Out burgers are even better than burgers from Five Guys and Shake Shack.

I had In-N-Out last year when I went to wrestlemania and it was mediocre as shit with the fries being pure soft trash. I don't even think I finished my food.

I don't care what the price is or if it's fast or not. Speed and price does not determine quality.

If I just wanted a burger that was real cheap and real fast I would go to Hot 'n Now.

And, yeah, you heard right. Hot 'n Now in 2017. There's still one open in this area (I think the only one).

They're not in the same tier price wise... cheeseburger fries and drink is roughly $16 pretax at Five Guys in CA whereas a double double combo is $8 pretax... for $16, I'd rather go to a superior local joint...

Camwi

WTF? Those places still exist? We used to have one in my home town (Stevens Point, WI), and during high school lunch we would go there and buy a shit ton of burgers for next to nothing.

EDIT - Reading the wiki tells me that only one still exists in the world. How sad.

Top Bottom