• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Inside' developer originally had a deal with PlayStation, but Phil Spencer called the studio and said “Listen, we need to make a deal”

solidus12

x4T8ShO.jpg

ygpZcDx.jpg
Xx9iEyY.jpg

K2D

Banned
Congratulations OP! I take it you see this a W?

*blink twice if you are in tire straights*

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
So I'm looking forward to the Phil worshippers to now turn against him for doing something they seemed to despise so much.

What am I saying, we know they have no integrity when it comes to actual principles and it's mostly just corporate cheerleading.
No, just saying they all do it. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

skit_data

Colin Moriarty has mentioned Inside and Limbo a few times, IIRC Sony supposedly wanted the rights to the IP in exchange for publishing/funding but the devs didn't like the deal so it ended up multiplatform.

Why is this such a issue?. Its happens all the time in the industry and goes all the way back. I seem to remember SONY demanded that Herdy Gerdy come to the PS2 when some at SONY Europe saw the game running on a DC or how MS looked to steal Abe from the PS2 and have it on the Xbox.

The number of bullshit threads lately is silly and all because MS bought StarField

came to

poodaddy

I think it is tongue and cheek since another thread started using it. I don't think they are being serious.
To be honest I don't care, this trend isn't even worth noting in jest and it's goddamn awful to look at. Our next generation legitimately write like this, and I'm telling you it is nothing less than the dumbing down of our children's generation. It's just sad and gross.

Chukhopops

- Sony makes deal with indie
- MS makes what I suppose is a better offer
- Indie pulls back on deal to go with MS

Somehow people blame MS for that when the only dodgy behaviour is the developer himself?

And remember when people said MS should simply outbid Sony if they didn’t want them to have moneyhats, what happened to that?

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Why is this such a issue?. Its happens all the time in the industry and goes all the way back. I seem to remember SONY demanded that Herdy Gerdy come to the PS2 when some at SONY Europe saw the game running on a DC or how MS looked to steal Abe from the PS2 and have it on the Xbox.

The number of bullshit threads lately is silly and all because MS bought StarField

came to
And whom of them complains publicly about discreet deals hurting competition?

Well that's how Sony does it too. Thant's how most timed exclusives work.
Hold on a minute.

According to you Xbox fanatics. This is the exact reason why it's okay for Xbox to buy the entire industry and stop gamers having access to ips that have been multiplat for a long time. Reee Sony pays for timed exclusives, Xbox too poor to compete reee.
Proceeds to buy the entire industry.

Turns out Xbox has been doing since the 360 era.

Which is it?

Phil will bend over backwards to make any deal!!!! . . . as long as it's cheaper than some mid AA that's going to get overlooked like Outriders.

Bungie

Phil the thrill "I don't buy exclusivity" 😂😂😂
Xbox One era was a little more desperate but sounds more like he made a deal that was better for Xbox gamers sure but we all still got to enjoy it rather quickly. Whatever Sony had proposed we could of not seen Inside ever on multiple platforms. So I'm just happy we all got to play it & not have another FF7 remake situation.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
How many times we'll get these "was gonna be PS5 exclusive until Xbox stepped up" news? Sony is always one step faster than MS to moneyhat, that was unthinkable 10 years ago lol

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Well you got to play SONY at their own games. I remember when SONY did a deal to keep Tomb Raider series off the Saturn.

Still, both SONY or MS have anything on Nintendo and when they got up to in NES days
And still complain about the others when you are arguably the worst offender of it...but I'm sure MS did it to get revenge for the saturn somehow validates this shitty behaviour at least to you it is enough I guess...Maybe sony moneyhatted Tomb Raider to get revenge from ...Atari?

Warablo

- Sony makes deal with indie
- MS makes what I suppose is a better offer
- Indie pulls back on deal to go with MS

Somehow people blame MS for that when the only dodgy behaviour is the developer himself?

And remember when people said MS should simply outbid Sony if they didn’t want them to have moneyhats, what happened to that?
This is all that needs to be said

Last edited:
And still complain about the others when you are arguably the worst offender of it...but I'm sure MS did it to get revenge for the saturn somehow validates this shitty behaviour at least to you it is enough I guess...Maybe sony moneyhatted Tomb Raider to get revenge from ...Atari?
They all done it, it's makes no difference who's done the most or the least. Fans just don't like it when its.done against their side ..Like when a sports player signs for a different team at the last min and changed their mind for signing for your club

It's all down to money

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
They all done it, it's makes no difference who's done the most or the least. Fans just don't like it when its.done against their side ..Like when a sports player signs for a different team at the last min and changed their mind for signing for your club

It's all down to money
They all do it, yes, but only this guy complains to the public through the media like a hypocritical politician drumming up warring from his true believer base.

RCU005

But Phil🥸 can really make 😤anything happen😎… except😨 games 😥

Exactly! It’s a shame that they’d do literally anything, they’d sell their souls to the devil, they’d kill if they could, but somehow they just refuse to do the first thing they should be doing: GAMES!

Last edited:

jm89

This was the middle of last generation.

Spencer was basically fighting for scraps.

giphy.webp

Last edited:
They all do it, yes, but only this guy complains to the public through the media like a hypocritical politician drumming up warring from his true believer base.
I think SEGA America may have complained about some of Nintendo practices in the Old days . Deep down some SONY fans don't like it, because they've never really been used to it

Like how Man Utd fans hate the fact that Man City can our bid then for players and now attack the best . Something Man Utd Fans were used to see them club doing others; able to outspend and attract the best .

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I think SEGA America may have complained about some of Nintendo practices in the Old days . Deep down some SONY fans don't like it, because they've never really been used to it

Like how Man Utd fans hate the fact that Man City can our bid then for players and now attack the best . Something Man Utd Fans were used to see them club doing others; able to outspend and attract the best .
Fran Healy Reaction GIF by Travis

Top Bottom