• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inside Infinite: September, Multiplayer

Andodalf

Banned
I took it from reddit which said its datamined assets from the game, so no it isnt fanart (unless it got debunked)
The reddit thread says the last one is a fanart using the Fortnight Model, and the rest are made using models from the games files, but with fan made textures over them.

Andodalf

Banned
It's not fan art, its just renders of what has already been data mined from the game files
The last one is literally a model from fortnite edited in blender. The others are models from the game but not textures. And everyone is commenting primarily based on those fan made textures

Not really, the Multiplayer BETA is giving us a clear idea as to what we should expect.
They already did a touch-base with Joe Staten and the state of the Campaign to which he said that they were "heads down" working on it. But what I mean, as far as the quality of the campaign goes, expect whatever visuals there are in MP is to be in the Campaign.

Last edited:
The last one is literally a model from fortnite edited in blender. The others are models from the game but not textures. And everyone is commenting primarily based on those fan made textures
I did not know that about the textures, where are they from then? That’s too much effort for a fan made texture

how do you know that about the fortnite model tho?

Lillie

got selected

celebration GIF

Naked Lunch

Im just glad 343's stupid flag pistol is gone.

Halo 5's BTB was pretty much unplayable and unfun due to the super accurate, fast firing BR/pistol. H5's BTB overall flow and pace just felt different (and wrong) from H2/3.

Its looking like Infinite's template is more H3 than anything. A well played Halo 2/3 BTB CTF match was as good as online mp gets.
Hopefully they get Infinite's BTB right.

Last edited:

Halo 5's BTB was pretty much unplayable and unfun due to the super accurate, fast firing BR. H5's BTB overall flow and pace just felt different (and wrong) from H2/3.

Its looking like Infinite's template is more H3 than anything. A well played Halo 2/3 BTB CTF match was as good as online mp gets.

For the love of Halo I hope they ditch their ideas of the flag or bomb being always held, highlighted all the time and glowing as well. Total shit show for random matchmaking, pain unless you have regular squad mates making a near full team.

Naked Lunch

For the love of Halo I hope they ditch their ideas of the flag or bomb being always held, highlighted all the time and glowing as well. Total shit show for random matchmaking, pain unless you have regular squad mates making a near full team.
It sounds like that might be gone - thankfully.
In the update post it talks about how the one devs favorite moment in the newest BTB build was hiding with the flag - hoping someone would get the hint to come pick him up.
Obviously this isnt possible with that ridiculous noobed up flag highlighter for the enemy team.
I know that highlighter was in there for Halo 4 for sure - but I think it was removed in Halo 5.

I remember hiding with the flag on Halo 2 bloodgultch in a back nook of the enemy base, waiting for a flag pickup. The enemy didnt have a clue I was there - got picked up by a warthog after waiting forever - we ended up capping at the last second. Crazy, I remember that vividly and it was back in like 2005. Just a testament to how fun and memorable Halo can be when done right.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
I did not know that about the textures, where are they from then? That’s too much effort for a fan made texture

how do you know that about the fortnite model tho?
It was disclaimered in the Reddit thread and OP said as much.

Also LMAO at it being too much effort. Wat?

Havoc2049

Halo 5's BTB was pretty much unplayable and unfun due to the super accurate, fast firing BR. H5's BTB overall flow and pace just felt different (and wrong) from H2/3.

BTB in Halo 5 was a low budget forge afterthought and it felt like it. Hopefully Infinite is a return to BTB glory with some quality and memorable maps.

Top Bottom