• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insider Gaming: Xbox going all out on Gamescom 2023

A reoccurring theme surrounding Xbox folks on this forum is that if you're an Xbox fan and outright show it, are excited for news that gets posted here, etc... you're automatically labeled a shill. Even if you're just a fan. If a fan is always going to be labeled a shill regardless, then you're just being irritated at someone being excited for something that you're not concerning gaming. And on an enthusiast forum, that's just a pretty sad way to think.
This is pure horseshit fueled by persecution complex and you know it.

MarkMe2525

I wasn't born yesterday friend, i'm not going all of a sudden to be the "bad guy" here.
I mean, you don't know me nor the context (your words) but, you find "surprising" namedropping a "particular" user "as many times" ? On an internet forum ? Maybe...context would help ? Just an idea mate.
How does this work ? People can keep doing the same shit over and over again but when they do get called out then it's the others' fault ?
Take a look at the names "dropped", guess what, from the 3 ones mentioned 2 where banned for the typical console-warring.

If i didn't know better man, i'd think that you're setting up the usual Resetera ban-trap ;)
? Resetera ban trap? Also, I don't think you are all of a sudden going to be the "bad guy". Consistently shit talking other users and calling them shills firmly cements that status, and probably a while ago.

Dr.brain64

Perfect Dark?

Perfect-Dark-Banner.jpg

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Wow... Giallo Corsa Giallo Corsa that's a little much.

speaking of S.T.A.L.K.E.R :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I've literally taken breaks from this forum to focus on work, only to come back to multiple mentions from this stalker. You can see from the link I posted.

"What you're doing is obnoxious" he says as he continues to mention me even in threads I don't participate in.

I criticized an opinion of his once and he's pushed this hilarious vendetta ever since. Constantly waffling on about 'astroturfing', 'shilling' and wailing about my 'eloquence' when I make the cardinal sin of expressing my opinion.

CatLady's on a one month ban and he's still mentioning her repeatedly, including inane posts referring to her as 'your girlfriend'.

When I was a kid, I wanted to have fans but...

not like this GIF

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
I've literally taken breaks from this forum to focus on work, only to come back to multiple mentions from this stalker. You can see from the link I posted.

"What you're doing is obnoxious" he says as he continues to mention me even in threads I don't participate in.

I criticized an opinion of his once and he's pushed this hilarious vendetta ever since. Constantly waffling on about 'astroturfing', 'shilling' and wailing about my 'eloquence' when I make the cardinal sin of expressing my opinion.

CatLady's on a one month ban and he's still mentioning her repeatedly, including inane posts referring to her as 'your girlfriend'.

not like this GIF

The lack of self awareness is again, really something else.
Also, nice victim card pulling there.

For the last time : you have been behaving in a very specific way (and others too) constantly , you get called out for doing so and now you're pulling out the victim card by trying to take the (proverbial) high road ? Really man ?
I suppose users like Senjutsu Sage was also a "victim" of "vendettas" ?

What, are you also going to forbid others from mentioning/interacting with you otherwise they're gonna be labeled as "stalkers" ?

You know what's real "stalking" ? You, basically living inside these threads replying and trying to "correct" each and everyone that - gasp - has the "nerve" to express his/her opinion about anything MS related.Each.and.every.time without fail.
This is a public forum, if you don't want to get mentioned then stop behaving in a specific way, it's really that simple.

Again , absolutely and utterly zero self awareness

Last edited:

drganon

not like this GIF
yoona.gif

Vox Machina

Banned
The lack of self awareness is again, really something else.
Also, nice victim card pulling there.

For the last time : you have been behaving in a very specific way (and others too) constantly , you get called out for doing so and now you're pulling out the victim card by trying to take the (proverbial) high road ? Really man ?
I suppose users like Senjutsu Sage was also a "victim" of "vendettas" ?

What, are you also going to forbid others from mentioning/interacting with you otherwise they're gonna be labeled as "stalkers" ?

You know what's real "stalking" ? You, basically living inside these threads replying and trying to "correct" each and everyone that - gasp - has the "nerve" to express his/her opinion about anything MS related.Each.and.every.time without fail.
This is a public forum, if you don't want to get mentioned then stop behaving in a specific way, it's really that simple.

Again , absolutely and utterly zero self awareness

Wtf is going on in this thread. This is such weird tone policing.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
A reoccurring theme surrounding Xbox folks on this forum is that if you're an Xbox fan and outright show it, are excited for news that gets posted here, etc... you're automatically labeled a shill. Even if you're just a fan. If a fan is always going to be labeled a shill regardless, then you're just being irritated at someone being excited for something that you're not concerning gaming. And on an enthusiast forum, that's just a pretty sad way to think.
Fuck me, church!

I didn't even know what a shill was until the Activision thread and the last month or so...but I'm in the UK and probably ignorant.

Now I'm just convinced there's shills everywhere, isn't every openly optimistic Sony fan on here a shill?

I know a few for sure.... lol

/joke

Last edited:

Kiraly

Remember, if you like PlayStation you are a fan, if you like Xbox you are a shill.

Ozriel

M$FT
Going all out? Gee, not heard that before,
Actually, heard it so many times and nothing of the sort happening that I left the ecosystem

I could point out that their June 2023 showcase is widely considered to be their best in years and that having a massive booth + multiple playable unreleased AAA games is usually considered a good thing

If only XBox went all out on PR or even trying to sell the Series X. XBox PR is even worse than SEGA's in the 32-Bit age and that's saying something

Yeah. Xbox talks a lot about being last place, but they don’t help themselves by making boneheaded decisions. Their biggest AAA game in years and they aren’t even trying to bolster declining hardware sales with a bundle or special edition console.

Perhaps one might be in the works, waiting to be announced at GamesCom? Otherwise, they’d be complete clowns

Last edited:
Yeah. Xbox talks a lot about being last place, but they don’t help themselves by making boneheaded decisions. Their biggest AAA game in years and they aren’t even trying to bolster declining hardware sales with a bundle or special edition console.

Perhaps one might be in the works, waiting to be announced at GamesCom? Otherwise, they’d be complete clowns
It's more there is no XBox PR. I can't remember the last time I saw any sort of XBox promotion on TV. I also don't belive this crap over wanting more people to play, if Phil really thought like that your game on the PS 4 and PS5 too.

At the time SONY is cutting the price of the PS5, XBox is raising the price of the Series X. How XBox PR thinks this is a good look, is beyond me, at least cut the price of the Series S to try and counter

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Attendees will be able to check out exclusive theatre presentations from Bethesda Game Studios’ highly anticipated Starfield, as well as upcoming Xbox Game Studios releases Forza Motorsport from the developers at Turn 10 Studios, and Ara: History Untold from the team at Oxide Games. Towerborne, the newest adventure from the developers at Stoic and unveiled at the Xbox Showcase, will be hands-on for the first time and we’ll have the latest content coming to The Elder Scrolls Online and Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Over 25 titles from our third-party partners and ID@Xbox friends will be playable on the booth. This includes the world debuts of GSC Game World’s S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2, Overkill Software and Starbreeze Studios’ Payday 3, DontNod’s recently announced Jusant, FromSoftware’s ARMORED CORE VI: Fires of Rubicon, Recreate Games’ Party Animals, CD PROJEKT RED’s Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty, Spotlight by Quantic Dream’s Under the Waves, Sega Atlus‘ Persona 5 Tactica and many more.

Attendees can also come and help us celebrate 10 years of ID@Xbox and experience a diverse range of ID@Xbox titles for hands-on, including Paradox’s Lamplighter’s League, Thunderful’s SteamWorld Build, Amplifier’s Lightyear Frontier, and lots more. Whatever you’re into, the Xbox booth will have something for you. For the full list of titles playable on the Xbox booth visit here.

Starfield will be at the show but not playable, it will be a part of a theater presentation. 25 games playable at the show floor including STALKER 2, Armored Core VI, Phantom Liberty etc.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Great news, really feel for the STALKER team with what they have been through, will be great to see the game in action.
Hopefully we get to see a near final version of Forza with all the features they promised in action, get the feeling that they must be running some sort of performance and quality modes as these machines have just been proven to not be capable of 4k 60fps let alone with in game RT on top, I also highly doubt the Series S version will manage RT in game at all.
If they have a plumbed in Tier 2 VRS that helps but wouldn't give the sort of performance boost needed, unless they have SFS working as well.

Maybe this will be the first release to really leverage the current-gen capabilities that are available.

I'm sure they will try to use the event as a marketing platform for Starfield as well.

Dane

When you can't prove someone is a legit shill and you think they're one by conflating their excitement to shilling and astroturfing, is it really a persecution complex?

I've been called a shill here and I think I'm far from that. Lol.
These people are the definition of "Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty"

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Show me Perfect Dark, and I'll shut the fuck up.
Booty mentioned in a recent interview that he was recently speaking with the studio head in charge of Perfect Dark and he was making a joke about getting back to work to be able to show the game at their 2024 E3 show. So that is likely when we see the first real trailer.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
This is just a show floor, not a key note style event, so anyone expecting Perfect Dark etc to be re-revaeled here is just setting themselves up for disappointment.

Astray

Gold Member
Starfield will be at the show but not playable, it will be a part of a theater presentation. 25 games playable at the show floor including STALKER 2, Armored Core VI, Phantom Liberty etc.
I do not understand this for Starfield, and I understand it even less for Forza, both are so close to release and you would expect that now is the time for .

At least the 1st one has the idea that lore needs to be hidden to manage expectations, but why does Forza not have a playable version? It's basically an enhancement on the prior edition right (ala GT6 vs GT7)?

Going all out using PR is all Microsoft ever do. What they are incapable of doing is going all out on delivering content. Finding a lake in a desert is more likely.

Ozriel

M$FT
Going all out using PR is all Microsoft ever do. What they are incapable of doing is going all out on delivering content. Finding a lake in a desert is more likely.

It’s a games convention open to the public. They’re making a massive booth, and putting 25 playable, unreleased games for attendees to play. Looks like a very decent budget increase.

Not sure how that’s ‘PR’.

Top Bottom