• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Insomniac] Spider-Man 2 still on track for 2023

bitbydeath

Gold Member
where did they say it'd be shown soon :messenger_expressionless:

ted-lasso-afc-richmond.gif

vivftp

Thats what i inferred from the second part, they said the same thing about The Last of Us Part 1, that it takes time and resources to put together marketing.

Maybe you inferred a bit too much on that part, but that's OK. If the game's launching next year then we've gotta be getting pretty close to a proper trailer for it, given all they've shown so far is an in-engine teaser. It may be this month or next, or early 2023, but either way we're getting closer to it.

vivftp

Why would Insomniac even acknowledge this guys existence and respond to him? This just validates the concern whiners that cry because nobody told them about a video game.

In this case it's a publicly stated release year so they likely just wanted to get ahead of this nonsense before it could spread any further. All they've done here is reaffirm what they've already told us.

Fbh

This is one of the few games with a TBA 2023 date that I actually think might make it.

Insomniac are really efficient. They released not one but 2 Ps5 games in the middle of the pandemic with no delays.

DavidGzz

I trust in Insomniac to impress us. If anyone can raise the bar while still providing a smooth experience(60fps), it's them. Please god.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
One of the only devs I actually trust to get something out when they say they will (here's where someone shows me their previous delays, probably).

Remember, it's Spider-Man 2, a TON of that groundwork is already done. Yes, they'll update the city map from the first games like they did for Miles Morales, but they're not going to completely redesign it from the ground up, and it's not gonna be "Spider-Man In Hawaii".

Godot25

Banned
While there is no denying efficiency of Insomniac, I really doubt game will be out in 2023.
I also hope this won't be "by the numbers" sequel and they will try to innovate.

Some people are just strange. Speculating about this and that, ok, but either clickbait worrying or actually cause a stir, about shit that might or might not come soon? I did not even remember that it had a date on its trailer and 2023 is anyway still kind of far away, so starting to get worried is ridiculous. Even if it hits 2024 I would not care. Most people in gamer age have no defined appointment with death, so why worry about release dates? Release dates are only a problem if the game gets released before it is cooked.

Tbh, it’s been proven over and over again that a game doesn’t need a long time between announcement and release. They could wait to announce this game til literally next e3, and release it in November, and it would be fine. No one’s gonna die, and the game will deliver.

EDMIX

Knowing Insomniac...that game is 100% a solid 2023. One of the few teams that can drop games back to back like the main staff smoke meth on their launch breaks. I've never seen a team like this in gaming, so if they say its 2023, they are one of the few teams that has a deep history of actually backing that up.

During the PS3 days ,they literally dropped Resistance, Ratchet, Resistance 2, anther Ratchet, Resistance 3, another Ratchet, and a new IP lol

They are that good folks, Spiderman 2 is good for a 2023 release date, I wouldn't be shocked at some other Ratchet for 2024, Wolverine 2025.

danklord

Gold Member
remember when half the forum 1as 100% certain Ragnarok wouldn’t come out this year? 🤔
It would seem Sony has altered their marketing strategy quite a bit and people are reeling. Spiderman 2 doesn't need overly expensive marketing early to be a mega hit, they just need to focus it all at once.

vivftp

It would seem Sony has altered their marketing strategy quite a bit and people are reeling. Spiderman 2 doesn't need overly expensive marketing early to be a mega hit, they just need to focus it all at once.
Sony's marketing campaign plans were obviously pushed around due to the pandemic, but nothing's really been altered lately. Spider-Man, just like the rest of their first party lineup, hasn't gotten a new trailer yet and won't until they have their showcase. All we have officially from them post-Ragnarok is TLOU MP, Spider-Man 2, Wolverine and Horizon CotM. Plus a couple of published titles. They have a LARGE amount of titles being worked on they could talk about, so the showcase will really open the floodgates once it happens, and will presumably be the start of getting their marketing cycle back on track post-pandemic.

Spider-Man 2 will have a massive marketing campaign with trailers, social media, billboards, commercials and all that jazz, just like all their other games. It'll probably be compounded by their marketing for Spider-Man Through The Spider-Verse so they'll build upon one another.

danklord

Gold Member
Sony's marketing campaign plans were obviously pushed around due to the pandemic, but nothing's really been altered lately. Spider-Man, just like the rest of their first party lineup, hasn't gotten a new trailer yet and won't until they have their showcase. All we have officially from them post-Ragnarok is TLOU MP, Spider-Man 2, Wolverine and Horizon CotM. Plus a couple of published titles. They have a LARGE amount of titles being worked on they could talk about, so the showcase will really open the floodgates once it happens, and will presumably be the start of getting their marketing cycle back on track post-pandemic.

Spider-Man 2 will have a massive marketing campaign with trailers, social media, billboards, commercials and all that jazz, just like all their other games. It'll probably be compounded by their marketing for Spider-Man Through The Spider-Verse so they'll build upon one another.
I don't disagree at all. Ragnarok's campaign has been atypical. Wondering if it's more intentional than reactional, and tactics like pouring resources into trailers are being reserved for a timeline closer to release.

Yep, it’s a known quantity. They could announced a date April 1st and drop it April 8th and it would sell 4 million out the gate.

I think maybe Sony realized bothering their studios to create a bunch of marketing material a year out only adds more pressure and dev time to the games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom