• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

International Shipping question, who's done it?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1235
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I wanna order some new controls for my MAME Cabinet from happcontrols.com, now I went through the order process and got to the shipping bit, the only international option they seem to have is DHL, the package value is only something like 20 bucks USD, but I went to DHL and the cost for shiping something about 9x9x9 inches was about 95 bucks!

I can't afford that madness, has anyone here shipped anything from the states abroad? If so can you give me an idea of how much I could expect to pay?

DHL is always the most expensive... Try other carriers. Amazon.com has pretty reasonable international shipping rates (if you're willing to wait a bit), the most impressive international shipping I've come across is "Global Priority" which is used by Hong Kong sites to send goods all over the world, you pay as little as $8 bucks for a small package and get it in less than a week... I don't think that service is available for shipping from the United States though.

yoshifumi

Banned
only times i've had to pay for international shipping from any sort of business it was expensive as hell

i paid 60 dollars for arcade sticks last summer and had to pay another 30 or 40 in shipping

i always order from the states with international shipping, used to use UPS and the shipping was expensive if i wanted my order within 3 days.

but no i use global priority mail, it works like a sharm and its not that expensive.

i order everything fomr ncsx.com they rule.

you should try them out, if you cant find what you need on the internet store you can just email them and ask them if they got it, usually they have alot of stuff that they dont have on the internet site.

Drensch

I've ordered form Koreandvds.com and they ship form Korea. It took a week or so, and it was only 10$ or so for 2 dvds, and one was a 4 disc set.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
lousy shipping. shite.

Basically they let you name the carrier, so what I need to do is find a good global carrier for cheap that ships from the states anywhere in the world. DHL can suck it, they cost millions......

Thanks for the replies thought the thread had died.

EDIT:
Looks like Global priority mail could be a go.

Thanks all.

alejob

Hmm, don't know. My aunt has one of those address in the US things. The company has an office in the US so you ship the things you buy to their address in the US and then they'll ship it to the local office and then they'll take it to your house. Its a lot cheaper this way but you have to pay a monthly fee for x amount of pounds. Worked fine for me(except for the time i never got Mario Kart DD). I got my free EGMs that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom