• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Introducing.....MHK Mondays! (Starting December 7th, 2020)

It is Wednesday. Log out nerd.

S5bgsqn.gif
It's Everyday, bro
S5bgsqn.gif

One of the more memorable episodes of season 1. Shit is delightfully cornball. Season 1 in general is kinda like that. Very monster-of-the-week.
Whenever I think of cheesy Buffy episodes, I always think of the "Loan Shark" episode. It was an actual shark

WJY3Vm9.jpg

Another fun Buffy fact, it's the only show that ever made me cry. The S5 finale, that was a semi series finale (until they got picked up by another network) with the tombstone as the final shot.

teezzy

Banned
People online rip on season 1 for whatever reason, but it's a lot of fun. It's very much Buffy in its purest form:

This is Buffy. These are Buffy's friends. These are vampires. Buffy is the chosen one. Buffy is a vampire slayer.

It's almost exactly what you think the show is going to be just going by the name alone.

Much like my interest in hockey, I don't know anyone IRL into Buffy. So I'm very appreciative of anyone on GAF who can talk shop.

Last edited:
People rip on season 1 for whatever reason, but it's a lot of fun. It's very much Buffy in its purest form:

This is Buffy. These are Buffy's friends. These are vampires. Buffy is the chosen one. Buffy is a vampire slayer.

It's almost exactly what you think the show is going to be just going by the name alone.

Much like my interest in hockey, I don't know anyone IRL into Buffy. So I'm very appreciative of anyone on GAF who can talk shop.
Y'all had no idea I was a huge Buffy nerd :messenger_tears_of_joy:

iNyqQf8.gif

teezzy

Banned
Man, this show would come on TV back in the late 90's when I was a kid.

It almost turned me into a fully-fledged homosexual, but thankfully Dragon Balls was airing at the same time.

My sanity was saved from that treacherous Joss Whedon.

Thank goodness you decided to stare at animated men with big muscles and spiky hair as opposed to these filthy young girls:

60433b21479438fc5380331644913d7f.jpg

Wouldn't want ya' to have a weak handshake or anything, amigo. Totally hetero decision. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

plushyp

Me and my friends used to joke and call the show "Buffy the Vampire Kisser" because almost every time any of us tuned in, she was more concerned in kissing them rather than staking them.

Top Bottom