• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming July 2013: Filled with unethical beverages, like Lipton Brisk Iced Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to repost my ghost trick impressions here as the regular thread has no traction right now
Just finished the IOS version. What a great journey. I managed to finish it without ever needing a guide, although there was one stealth section that really had me cursing at the game. Still, I paid $5 for the whole game and got more than my money's worth. Really recommend it : )

I played it completely on the ipad as the game has universal support but the saves are not cross compatible ( ipad games don't work on the iPhones and vice versa) and it doesn't looks so hot on the ipad being my only real complaints. Otherwise, the game is a gem and well worth a play through.

PFD

KOTOR is damn awesome, i was worried about the quality of the port but I needn't have been, it controls great and it's every bit as good as I remember. I can't believe I just paid pennies for it when it was 40 odd quid when I originally picked it up for the xbox!

I just finished it yesterday and got the dark ending.
Felt like shit after butchering my entire team
, but it was tons of fun.

I'm going to repost my ghost trick impressions here as the regular thread has no traction right now

I played it completely on the ipad as the game has universal support but the saves are not cross compatible ( ipad games don't work on the iPhones and vice versa) and it doesn't looks so hot ok ipad being my only real complaints. Otherwise, the game is a gem and well worth a play through.

Wonderful game. The animation is god-tier.

PFD

Knitted Deer just went free. Ever wonder what a platformer would look like if played on your sweater? Me neither. But here's your chance to find out!

mzl.nwxcqutf.1136x1136-75.jpg

mzl.mcigovhi.1136x1136-75.jpg

The gameplay is very basic, don't expect anything fancy. But it's actually pretty amusing, and more fun than I expected.

igor

Oh god, let the Fair Isle horror begin, this game is hard O_O As if I had enough of the bad experiences with knitting.

welp ipad went funky so had to restore... forgot i haven't backed this thing up since... ever after realizing icloud didn't have enough space lol.

There goes my saves for cook serve delicious and smooth operator :/

At least ive had good fun with both.

no angel

I just finished it yesterday and got the dark ending.
Felt like shit after butchering my entire team
, but it was tons of fun.
Ha, I think my most enduring memory of KOTOR is
making Zalbaar fuck up Mission. I simultaneously felt like a massive dick and a great villain.
(end game spoiler).

I still need to finish Ghost Trick, I'm right at the end but have no idea why I stopped playing, think I might start it again. Then I need to finish Layton Brothers, and I want to play through the Pheonix Wright games on my iphone as I sold my DS games. I also want to try B&C and get shadowrun when it's out. Oh and I need to try Tiny Thief. And there's no way I'll ever stop playing Drop7 or Ascension.

Ios gaming is amazing. It really is.

PittaGAF

Is it confirmed for iOS next week? I thought I read somewhere that might be delayed.

On their Facebook page they said it has been submitted 10 days ago, but they cannot guarantee it will be out the 25.

To be honest, the fact we haven't saw any shot or video about the iPad version makes me nervous.

Gassey

Banned
First posted about Deck War in March. Just got back from PAX Australia where we were showing the latest build. Jerry swung by to have a go and was gracious enough to mention the game on the Penny Arcade front page.

Feel free to jump onto http://www.deckwar.com and give the PAX build a go. Still a long way to go; 30 units completed of 150 we're planning for launch.

In addition, I'm now a PS Vita developer so expect to be playing Deck War on there too early next year.

deck-war-pax-australia-battle-2013.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Will the Shadowrun game be any good? I loved the SNES-version.

bonesquad

First posted about Deck War in March. Just got back from PAX Australia where we were showing the latest build. Jerry swung by to have a go and was gracious enough to mention the game on the Penny Arcade front page.

Feel free to jump onto http://www.deckwar.com and give the PAX build a go. Still a long way to go; 30 units completed of 150 we're planning for launch.

In addition, I'm now a PS Vita developer so expect to be playing Deck War on there too early next year.

I'm not really a fan of CCGs and their method of collecting cards, but this wasn't at all what I expected. It reminds me of a game I played years ago (that I can't recall the name of) where you placed wind up toys trying to get them across the screen past your opponent. I liked that game, and even though I didn't entirely know what I was doing here this seems like it could be neat too.

Kinan

Best async board games

Light:
Carcassonne
Lost Cities

Medium:
Ascension
Summoner Wars

Heavy:
Agricola
Eclipse

I would also add Piratron to the light section. Playing it with my wife for a month already, still have not figured the best strategy yet.

SmokyDave

Played rather a lot of 'Breach & Clear' over the weekend. I'm really enjoying it. It's my favourite part of XCom, with very little of the associated micro-management and far more lenience with squad deaths.

I picked up the x2 XP and the x2 coins to throw a bit more of a bone to the devs. I can see myself playing it for a while and there's plenty of content 'coming soon'.

I would also add Piratron to the light section. Playing it with my wife for a month already, still have not figured the best strategy yet.

I'd also add Ticket To Ride Pocket (and TTR Europe) to the light section.
They both have gone free in the past.

SteveWD40

Played rather a lot of 'Breach & Clear' over the weekend. I'm really enjoying it. It's my favourite part of XCom, with very little of the associated micro-management and far more lenience with squad deaths.

I picked up the x2 XP and the x2 coins to throw a bit more of a bone to the devs. I can see myself playing it for a while and there's plenty of content 'coming soon'.

On the TA forums the devs post daily with what they are implementing, the main thing being a replay camera and removing the emphasis on speed for high star ratings, allowing you to be sneaky if you prefer.

I can't wait for Hostage Rescue modes.

SmokyDave

On the TA forums the devs post daily with what they are implementing, the main thing being a replay camera and removing the emphasis on speed for high star ratings, allowing you to be sneaky if you prefer.

I can't wait for Hostage Rescue modes.
I'll check it out, cheers. Really glad to hear the bolded, I play slowly and deliberately but it was affecting my ratings.

CronoShot

Not sure if anyone else has pointed this out, but I've been having an odd issue with UE3 games on iOS 7. The side of the screen nearest to the home button doesn't work at all. Tested Infinity Blade 2, Spiral Episode 1 and Man of Steel. I know I could revert to iOS 6, but it's just a really strange problem. None of my other games do that.

razu

Hey yo!

My game, Chopper Mike, is currently FREE on iOS. Free, no IAPs, no ads... free!!

It's a super-challenging helicopter time-trial game. IGN said “It controls just so perfectly..”, in their weekly iOS round up when it came out. It starts easy, gets pretty difficult quite quickly.

Trailer

Link: Chopper Mike App Store

Enjoy!! :D

On their Facebook page they said it has been submitted 10 days ago, but they cannot guarantee it will be out the 25.

To be honest, the fact we haven't saw any shot or video about the iPad version makes me nervous.

I'm sure this has been answered but could someone please tell me how the iOS version is being handled for kickstarter backers?

no angel

Heh, I bought it about ten seconds after writing that post. As soon as I saw the price it was a done deal. My iPad is now Tactictacular.

Finger beat wallet senseless. It's a TKO.
I was thinking of reinstalling it after I've finished KOTOR, GC name is urbanpanda if you fancy some matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom