• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Atlus going to have a strong showing at E3?

Eusis

Persona 3 came out in 2007 and Persona 4 in 2008, with Dark Souls II (not Atlus but still) hitting in March next year. Persona 5's probably going to be a PS3 title.

Atlus is not really big company to comparing them with SE is a bit unfair I think. And Index is really in big financial trouble.

They have been strong on portable this gen, and Catherine was a very good title on console. And P4U is technically Arc's game but I think Atlus helped out a lot at least on story part.

I think they will announce P5 this TGS. It will most likely be PS3/360 game.

Noooo SMT =(

plz be safe

Eusis

I don't think Index is really in financial trouble. They're just managed by shitheads.
Kind of makes me wonder if it's possible for Atlus to consume them from the inside out, so to speak. Index fails to be run well, those in charge of Atlus as we knew it end up being promoted to take control.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I wonder what will be more exciting - the Persona 5 announcement, or the Persona 5 DLC announcements.

Persona 4 costume DLC for Persona 5 and people will buy it even if it's $99
each

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
DDS was made from Nocturne's engine though.
That's why I put the slash there. It was their 'Let's make a new IP with this big, expensive new engine' game they made.
OK. P5 is using a different, brand new engine from Catherine though.

Yes, but it wasn't originally.

And Atlus needs to force Sony to update their god damn emulator. I should be have all their PS2 games on the PSN store right now.

duckroll

Get ready
for bikinis
!

B1ELdok.gif

randomkid

A new IP made for consoles using the engine that was planned to be used for other SMT/Persona games ie DDS and Catherine.

Pedantic nerdy correction: DDS is sorta not really a new IP, even if you ignore the Megaten umbrella bit, the name comes from the very first game: Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei.

I know what you mean though.

vall03

I'd be happy with a Devil Survivor 2: Break Record localization announcement. Also put Devil Survivor: Overclocked on the NA eShop please.

I've been waiting for the game to come to eShop :(

Also, I want localization announcement for New Etrian Odyssey and Break Record too. But I highly doubt they'd announce it at E3, which is very early considering both games still haven't released in Japan yet.

I'm sending out all the hope for P5, even though it's a waaaaay longshot. Maybe a Catherine/Golden Playhouse sequel curveball? I think that might be an E3 level announcement

raven777

I wish Catherine comes out for Vita. I think the game will work well on portable.

And P5 has been in development for a while...so I think we will get some info this year.

HooYaH

Does anyone think Sony or MS to announce any Japanese launch titles at E3? Seems to be way late to announce something at TGS.

Isn't Atlus co developing Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem right now? If so that might hinder persona 5 development a little.

duckroll

Does anyone think Sony or MS to announce any Japanese launch titles at E3? Seems to be way late to announce something at TGS.

I don't think that niche titles like this will really get much focus at the conferences. What's more likely to happen if there is an announcement is that it will be part of the sizzle reel for "other upcoming titles" on the platform, and there will be separate PRs and promotion stuff from the publisher, especially from Japan.

Isn't Atlus co developing Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem right now? If so that might hinder persona 5 development a little.

Hahaha.

Aeana

They have several teams. Especially now that the Trauma team is free thanks to you guys not buying Trauma Team.

Its been 5 years since P4 so you could compare it to versus except Atlus was clever and did not announce the game when they were just starting development for it.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

I expect:
- Ridge Racer
- Katamari

Top Bottom