• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Atlus going to have a strong showing at E3?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Trauma Center had that awesome New Blood intro going for it that reminded me of House.

Wat? TT was too easy. That was my problem with the game.

TC was hard.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Difficulty of the series goes from most difficutl to least difficult

TC: NB > TC1 > TC:SO > TC2 > TT

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
You forgot the most important part - where are the skyscrapers?!

You're dying, but Trauma is already dead!

If you like lolis, then you should be liking the NIS/Compile Heart/Gust and to some extent Tales games. :p

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sorry Trauma, but you were replaced with a more challenging title.
7e8.gif

Eusis

Difficulty of the series goes from most difficutl to least difficult

TC: NB > TC1 > TC:SO > TC2 > TT
Sounds write from my experience (well, haven't gotten far in TC2 and have yet to really start TT), TC1 was pretty damn tough but I scrapped through, TC:SO was a bit milder but still gave a good challenge, and TC:NB is FUCK SKIN GRAFTS.

maltrain

Atlus is one of my favorite companies right now.

All they give me, I'll buy it.

But "Persona 5" is, by far, the most I expect this year.

Aeana

Lol, no it wasn't. It was considered a slowass dungeon crawler with fucking awful loading.

For what it's worth, I don't consider P3 to be "innovative" either. It's fun, though.

But Persona 1 is good too. randomkid will back me up. The only two Persona 1 fans in the world.

Eusis

It seems that way to most current players who started on P3/4. When Persona 1 came out, it was just as innovative as P3 is considered nowadays.
I'd question that, it seems more likely it was viewed similarly to something like SMT3, a very strange, unusual game that may not be the most accessible but was so exotic that it was compelling. Though SMT3 hit the right balance between accessibility and depth to pull me in, whereas Persona was something I was FOND of but didn't enjoy enough to get through.

... And I have to admit I kind of dozed off for a bit there.

Anyways, the impact of Persona 3/4 here seems similar to something like Lunar, making a huge splash amongst the JRPG niche even if it's not up there with FF in pushing numbers, and is fondly remembered by almost everyone that played it. Even if thematically, yeah, it's following Persona 1 more.

cj_iwakura

For what it's worth, I don't consider P3 to be "innovative" either. It's fun, though.

But Persona 1 is good too. randomkid will back me up. The only two Persona 1 fans in the world.

Three. It's the worst of the series, no question, but it still has its charms for me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It seems that way to most current players who started on P3/4. When Persona 1 came out, it was just as innovative as P3 is considered nowadays.

I started on SMT 2 and when I eventually played Persona 1, I was shocked how much of a step back it seemed like. It needed to exist, of course, but it is a dull game full of dull characters.
It doesn't even have this
tumblr_ml4ezvzSDx1raw8qfo4_400.png

ULTROS!

Not by me it wasn't.

You have strange tastes. :(

The clunky menu was also annoying too. The hospital was probably the only cool part.

Eusis

By the way while the ads I saw kinda stuck in my mind (though I wrote it off as one of those RPGs that wasn't to my taste) when I read the EGM preview that probably gave away more of the story than it should have I was intrigued and wanted to grab the game badly.

Top Bottom