• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Sony PlayStations Purchase of the EVO tournament one of their most strategic?

If Evo is gonna sponsor a platform fighter, do it with Brawlhalla. It's on everything and crosses over with everything. Ubisoft would probably love the attention and bmg would add it on top of their tournament scene.

SSfox

I hope they go back to Top 8. Removing more Top level matches for more Ads is just the most dumb decision making of all time.

I hope they go back to Top 8. Removing more Top level matches for more Ads is just the most dumib decision making of all time.
153806eb-cd37-4687-8222-a4f30a52f5b7_text.gif

Pelta88

It means they’ll get a lot of marketing opportunites for fighters, but it is odd that they don’t have one of their own.

When 96% of the fighting games audience (FGC) peripherals, merch, royalties, events, and game sales are on your own platform... We might need to look more closely into the definition of "own."

I said it earlier in this thread but it's worth mentioning again... Most of the peripheral market ie Fightsticks, fight pads, and headsets linked to the FGC don't make XBOX versions. That's not a dig at the XBOX platform just an astonishing fact when you consider that in 2012 it was a more even split. In short, PS owns that genre of gaming.

ulantan

When 96% of the fighting games audience (FGC) peripherals, merch, royalties, events, and game sales are on your own platform... We might need to look more closely into the definition of "own."

I said it earlier in this thread but it's worth mentioning again... Most of the peripheral market ie Fightsticks, fight pads, and headsets linked to the FGC don't make XBOX versions. That's not a dig at the XBOX platform just an astonishing fact when you consider that in 2012 it was a more even split. In short, PS owns that genre of gaming.
All without buying a publisher

Top Bottom