• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is this the most hyped video game trailer of all time?!

Gravemind

Battlefield 1 reveal trailer had a massive amount of hype. One of the most hyped and well recieved trailers that I can remember recently.

Mattyp

Gold Member
Halo 3 (half of these are incredible)
Forza Horizon 3
Gears with any of the metal tracks.
Doom

That’s not Breath of the Wild….😉

But the Japanese voices are better IMO

This one is not your ordinary trailer! It's complete work of art by itself.
It has internal dramatic composition (introduction, setup, culmination) as well as mind-blowing music composed "just" for the trailer.
This trailer is the best I've ever seen. All just fitting very well together.
----
But I feel need to post this trailer from THE masters: (imagine seeing those graphics in 2010 on PS3, LOL)

This one had everyone SO hyped before hype is even a word!

Last edited:

waquzy

This one is not your ordinary trailer! It's complete work of art by itself.
It has internal dramatic composition (introduction, setup, culmination) as well as mind-blowing music composed "just" for the trailer.
This trailer is the best I've ever seen. All just fitting very well together.
----
But I feel need to post this trailer from THE masters: (imagine seeing those graphics in 2010 on PS3, LOL)

This one had everyone SO hyped before hype is even a word!

Nothing beats the original Gran Turismo intro/trailer:

Last edited:

Fare thee well

Neophyte
The last 5 years of gaming have finally made me hype immune. Never using pre-ordering, making use of extensive gameplay reviews, and having zero tolerance for gaas are my 100% operating policies from now till forever.

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
For me it were the Phantom pain trailers every year. Was my most anticipated game of all time. Then the game came out and I learned to never set such expectations again.

Jmatt110

In terms of getting hyped up, Battlefield 1's trailer is amazing. The choice of music and editing to sync, perfect.

Ceadeus

For me it's this one. From alway delivered on the photorealistic trailers and CGI. It gave me goosebumps when saw that

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

That was such a long wait. Those were years and years of waiting. It went from being Final Fantasy Versus XIII to being renamed as FFXV. I remember thinking it had ties to that Fabula Nova Crystallis collection. Somehow it was tied into the world of FFXIII. I remember watching the trailer because I had imported Advent Children to get the demo of FFXIII. I stopped getting overhyped for Square-Enix’s super early announcements. I was typically on board with their hype train since the PS1 days, but watching that whole fiasco after XIII came out really did it in for me.

Top Bottom