• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is this the most hyped video game trailer of all time?!

eNT1TY

It's easily the Halo "Believe" ad campaign, nothing else is even close.

Edit: whoops misread thread title, if it's for a singular trailer then many are in contention with "Finish the Fight" in the lead.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
The game we never got

Back when we thought Halo 2 would be set in Earth, and was to be about saving Earth from the covenant.

Rykan

I want to say Final Fantasy VII remake announcement trailer, but the excitement wasn't just for the trailer.

Final Fantasy VII remake's announcement was peak E3. It is THE grand moment. Nothing has ever come close to it and nothing will ever come close to one of the single most requested video games to be announced,besides the obvious sequels like a new GTA, Elder scrolls etc. It was decades of anticipation, finally reaching a climax.

waquzy

what a strange hill to die on, the fucking side quest is named after the song used in the trailer...
My bad then, I was sure she wasn’t in the game… and it was just a speculation/theory that she was one of the cops.

Kuranghi

It was good, don’t get me wrong, but it failed to live up to the hype the trailer produced. Same thing happened with Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. The only game that exceeded the hype built by the trailer was Wind Waker.

What did you feel was lacking in BotW? I know the obvious stuff like dungeons and more story scenes but like gameplay wise what would you have liked to see and what did you feel took up too much of the dev time and wasn't exciting to you? Like I loved the physics part of it but I feel like others didnt care for it at all.

S0ULZB0URNE

It was good, don’t get me wrong, but it failed to live up to the hype the trailer produced. Same thing happened with Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. The only game that exceeded the hype built by the trailer was Wind Waker.
Wind Waker isn't on BOTW level.
I like Twilight Princess better as well.

Opinions

Last edited:

Vagswarm

People were fainting in the crowd and my uncle who works for Nintendo told me both women AND men were tossing their soaked panties at the stage, so it was progressive as well.
Wait, men were tossing their soaked panties at the stage? 😂🤣

Last edited:

Vagswarm

Who could forget this one, especially when it turned out to be just a demo and they went with the Wind Waker style instead (and pissed just about everyone off in the process)? Even though it's not really a trailer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom