• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is this the most photorealistic (if you want it to be) playable game?

MCplayer

So I've been searching for the most realistic games on youtube, playable in current consoles and guess what, the game I had less interest in E3 sony conference (or was a sony event?) is actually the one that got most of my attention, even tho it isn't a complex game like others lets say, Halo, uncharted etc, it still impresses at how you can create diferent styles of visual incluiding photorealism, imagine this game being ported to PS5 and have Ray Tracing capabilities (of course that would sacrifice resolution and frame rate).

Most of you may already know alot about this game but I actually don't, so I'll leave some examples here:

This comes from an Xbox "Fanboy", even tho I love xbox I do apprecciate competition and its strengts, competition is healthy it just doesn't need little kids fanboys wars, thats the sad part.
If a similar thread already exists then sorry, block this one
(this is my first thread)

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
So I've been searching for the most realistic games on youtube, playable in current consoles and guess what, the game I had less interest in E3 sony conference (or was a sony event?) is actually the one that got most of my attention, even tho it isn't a complex game like others lets say, Halo, uncharted etc, it still impresses at how you can create diferent styles of visual incluiding photorealism, imagine this game being ported to PS5 and have Ray Tracing capabilities (of course that would sacrifice resolution and frame rate).

Most of you may already know alot about this game but I actually don't, so I'll leave some examples here:

This comes from an Xbox "Fanboy", even tho I love xbox I do apprecciate competition and its strengts, competition is healthy it just doesn't need little kids fanboys wars, thats the sad part.
If a similar thread already exists then sorry, block this one
(this is my first thread)

I don't know.
But it's surely pretty impressive

H4ze

Yeah there is some really cool stuff you can do with Dreams, but unfortunately it looks like it's nothing more than 5 minutes of cool visuals if you make something like this. But time will tell I guess.

Stuart360

The lighting looks really good, but the assets not so much. I dont know what it is with Dreams, if its the engine it uses or what, but so many games on it look like they are made out of clay or plastic.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
First of all, they're not really a game, it's more of a tech showcase that you can play.

Second: it's very impressive, but look a little more and you will see poor assets. Not the player's fault, but there's a limit of what to do on it. Take Quantum Break, REmake 2 or 3, Uncharted, The Order, Arkham Knight... They win, but it's not fair a comparison with a full fledge game with this/those. The developers have way more tools to work.

Third: we have great shit now, and next gen will be even greater

MCplayer

Yeah there is some really cool stuff you can do with Dreams, but unfortunately it looks like it's nothing more than 5 minutes of cool visuals if you make something like this. But time will tell I guess.
yeah, hopefully therer's a new PS5 version where you can actually do alot more other than graphics

MCplayer

The lighting looks really good, but the assets not so much. I dont know what it is with Dreams, if its the engine it uses or what, but so many games on it look like they are made out of clay or plastic.
well, if you can reach this kind if visuals with this assets, I doubt it would be able to run with triple AAA quality assets.

MCplayer

First of all, they're not really a game, it's more of a tech showcase that you can play.

Second: it's very impressive, but look a little more and you will see poor assets. Not the player's fault, but there's a limit of what to do on it. Take Quantum Break, REmake 2 or 3, Uncharted, The Order, Arkham Knight... They win, but it's not fair a comparison with a full fledge game with this/those. The developers have way more tools to work.

Third: we have great shit now, and next gen will be even greater
yeah curious to see whats in story, next gen

I seriously hope Sony builds games using that tech, I want that breakfast on the table in the diner while I shoot the baddies!

Last edited:
Top Bottom