• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is this what Fable 4 could look like?

CyberPanda

Banned

Alex Patel was recently hired by Playground games, and is a brilliant artist. Here’s his work:

He is expecting games to look like these at least from playground moving forward:

zuETY3E.jpg

EnFstpo.jpg

DXavYaf.jpg

XlyIOH5.jpg

bFXVRmN.jpg

Ftjvahc.jpg

n805ZCe.jpg

NbVksEV.jpg

If Fable 4 forests end up looking like this, we are in for quite a treat! And, shinobi from Ree has said that the Playground RPG has come very far along! We may get a glimpse of it at E3, too. Can’t wait.

Last edited:

Fbh

Maybe.

Though I think people need to keep their expectations in check. As far as I know you can accomplish way nicer looking stuff by rendering for an image (or a pre rendered video) as opposed to when you need to console to render the environment in real time + the player character and NPC's and enemies and wildlife, etc

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
There's no way graphics like that would be in live gameplay any time soon. Cutscenes maybe. The graphical jumps are never as big as we expect. I think live gameplay graphics like that are still a generation or two away. PS6 or PS7.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Not a chance. Plus the cartoony style is part of what makes Fable what it is.

Last edited:

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
You guys can forget about this for a whole generation at least.

We'll see improvements in physics, AI, frame rate and only marginally on graphic quality. So many of you are set for disappointment.
Lol, didn’t know you were on a dev team for Xbox Game Studios.

Fenris Wolf

If this is supposed to be Fable 4 screenshots, then i don't expect the game to release until end of 2021 to mid 2022
Because i don't think it is possible to reach such graphics fidelity on base xbox one and if we take Matt booty's words serious, then MS plans to support current gen until then.
Unless they want to release next gen only titles in 2021-2 which is totally possible... Anyway these shots looks marvelous!

If this is supposed to be Fable 4 screenshots, then i don't expect the game to release until end of 2021 to mid 2022
Because i don't think it is possible to reach such graphics fidelity on base xbox one and if we take Matt booty's words serious, then MS plans to support current gen until then.
Unless they want to release next gen only titles in 2021-2 which is totally possible... Anyway these shots looks marvelous!

Wow how does supporting the Xbox One after the launch of Series X translate into same graphics fidelity in your brain lol.

Of course the Series X versions of games will look exponentially better than the base Xbox One versions.

Fenris Wolf

Wow how does supporting the Xbox One after the launch of Series X translate into same graphics fidelity in your brain lol.

Of course the Series X versions of games will look exponentially better than the base Xbox One versions.

Wow wow have you ever heard of what bottlenecks can do? Yeah they can go and create 2 Fable 4's similar to FH2 on x360-x1. Hell, They can even tweak the game to run on lower graphics on the base console from 7 years ago. Yeah everyone knows that. But it's impossible to maintain a visual fidelity between two consoles with such wide gap by just "lolz all we gotta do is to turn off the shadows and lower the rez to 720p ez ahah". They're going to look way off, Unless they build the game based on an original XB1 hardware and since this console WILL bottleneck the next gen hardware, all XSX users going to receive is xbox one x like "enhanced" experience. And i didn't even start to talk about how they can totally revamp the series design by making it a next gen only title... Anyway What i said in my post was PERSONAL OPINION and pure speculation.

BTW Next time you got cocky and wanted to mock someone, just do yourself a favor and fuck off somewhere else

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
Making a small enclosed area with that level of detail is one thing. Making a full game is another.

As exciting as a graphic upgrade is, I'm actually more excited to see if load times will become almost nonexistent, like Sony and MS are suggesting.

Vawn

Banned
You don't think it would be odd for a series to suddenly change graphical style?

Imagine if a Zelda game released with photo-realistic graphics. I'd hate that. It's just not the style of the series.

Zelda has a graphical style? We went from LTTP to Ocarina to Wind Waker to Twilight Princess to Breath of the Wild to Link's Awakening.

Wow wow have you ever heard of what bottlenecks can do? Yeah they can go and create 2 Fable 4's similar to FH2 on x360-x1. Hell, They can even tweak the game to run on lower graphics on the base console from 7 years ago. Yeah everyone knows that. But it's impossible to maintain a visual fidelity between two consoles with such wide gap by just "lolz all we gotta do is to turn off the shadows and lower the rez to 720p ez ahah". They're going to look way off, Unless they build the game based on an original XB1 hardware and since this console WILL bottleneck the next gen hardware, all XSX users going to receive is xbox one x like "enhanced" experience. And i didn't even start to talk about how they can totally revamp the series design by making it a next gen only title... Anyway What i said in my post was PERSONAL OPINION and pure speculation.

BTW Next time you got cocky and wanted to mock someone, just do yourself a favor and fuck off somewhere else

Cool story bro.

On my ignore list for the last part of your comment ✌️

Last edited:

Solarstrike

Gold Member
Texturing looks good but the imagination must have been left in Bowerstone. Needs more spots color, crazy plants, rickety bridges, and those pain in the ass giant bees.

Vawn

Banned
It's always cartoony. Different cartoon styles, but still cartoony.

I hope I never see the day when we have some famous actor mo-capping Link. Not on my watch.

That's true, and I agree, but it's still all over the place style-wise.

main-qimg-714a67acc72f98bdd55153603dc9b4db.webp

This is a sequel to this:

images

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
You don't think it would be odd for a series to suddenly change graphical style?

Imagine if a Zelda game released with photo-realistic graphics. I'd hate that. It's just not the style of the series.
I think a realistic looking zelda would be fire lol same with Fable

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Wow! That's incredible!

I could never get into Fable, but if it looks anything like that maybe this time I will.

Exentryk

Looking forward to some RPGs from Microsoft as they've lacked in this department. Not sure what Fable is, but if it is similar in structure to RPGs like Witcher 3/AC, then I'll definitely be interested.

Looks about right and then as you come to a town you find a huge sprawling city with 3-4 NPCs standing around waiting to give you a quest. They wasted all that computing power for graphics and nothing else to show for it. Boring.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Looking forward to some RPGs from Microsoft as they've lacked in this department. Not sure what Fable is, but if it is similar in structure to RPGs like Witcher 3/AC, then I'll definitely be interested.
Project Ego (aka Fable) was suppose to be the ultimate Role Playing Adventure game. Have a wife, have children, kill whoever you want, and suffer the consequences. Do good, get a halo above your head, do bad, and get horns on top your head. It was basically a open world fantasy in its infancy. A bit cheesy, lush cartoony details, and a lot of emphasis on character development. A lot of small details to the world that aren’t talked about because other games do it on a larger scale. Kick a bunch of chickens and get called “chicken kicker” from townsfolk. Fable 2 was what I enjoyed. Grab a gun, a blade, your dog and go out questing. Fable 3 was not fun in my opinion. They tried adding some sorta warping room mechanic that I thought was horrible. It took a lot of the charm away from the game and it felt like they ran out of ideas for the series.

Looks about right and then as you come to a town you find a huge sprawling city with 3-4 NPCs standing around waiting to give you a quest. They wasted all that computing power for graphics and nothing else to show for it. Boring.
It's artstation, its that dude portfolio
Computing power?
NPCs?
Do you have trouble reading?:messenger_confused:

Top Bottom