• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Diablo 4's Horse Bundle Costs More Than The Game Itself

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Imagine defending this business practice saying "you're actually saving $5.00." This transaction already cost more than the full price of the game. The fact that this shit in now normalized just shows how conditioned gamers have become.

I have 0 plans to buy this. Nor do you. Nor will 99% of their player base.

This is literally for the person who goes to the store and says “man I want to spend my paycheck on 3 skins and a battlepass.” They look over the cost of those things and go “oh I can just get this bundle, save some of the total cost, and get an extra horse skin. Neat.”

That’s it.

So why people are up in arms is beyond me because they simply walked into the thread, thought they are selling you JUST a horse for $65, and got mad. Or, they are doing wild mental gymnastics that “this is just the start. It’ll get worse.” Which is wrong because again, this exact bundle exists in WoW, and has for many years. It exists in other games too.

But yeah big corpo bad. Grrr.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
laugh all you want this game will be good at some time i trust blizzard
but fuck me the wait is hard

killatopak

The horse is more of a bonus on top of the $7000 coins, also discounted.

It’s meant as an incentive to purchase a lot of coin up front, and then be in their MTX eco system.

This is NOT new in gaming or Blizzard. Blizzard does this shit with buying 6 month subs for WoW. Has been for a long time.

Eventually some of these mounts show up as free monthly things in WoW many years later if I’m not mistaken.

Would it be nice to buy the horse by itself? Sure, but then why would someone potentially want 7000 coins up front? This is meant to push that type of consumer to make that push.
Understand that even if it isn’t new it doesn’t mean I have to accept it.
laugh all you want this game will be good at some time i trust blizzard
but fuck me the wait is hard
Just play D2R while you wait. A much better complete game with updates as well. Even mods now.

Kaleinc

Banned
Does everyone ignore the 7000 coins?

No. You’re paying for 7000 coins which is 7 battle passes you can fund for yourself, and you get the bonus of the horse armor.

At $65 you’re saving $5.00, and getting the skin.

This bundle is really only for someone who plans to buy other MTX anyway, or wants to just buy future battle passes as they come for a little lower price than usual plus this skin.

People are blowing this way out of proportion.
In today's episode of Math for Cucks

"wow the more you buy, the more you save!!!"

the dimwits that defends this never understand that these predatory practices are not only meant to gouge you, but also to normalize said practices so you get conditioned into thinking it's no big deal.

Juras

That's why I'm going for Last Epoch
You mean this game?

rdZMx5r.jpeg

I don't care about the microtransactions - what sucks is that you can't earn cool mounts by playing the game.

Every cool looking mount/armor set is locked behind some form of paywall. I decided to take a break after the Season 3 reveal - there's just nothing to play the game for atm.

Tsaki

After seeing all the Star Citizen DLC and pledge tiers, this stuff seems like small game lmao. And to be fair, that's a slick looking cosmetic

Top Bottom