• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's time for gamefreak to update or change their archaic graphics engine to industry standard graphics engine(UE4 and etc)

Mattyp

Gold Member
Gamefreak are fucking trash and anyone who says otherwise has their head in their ass.

As much as I loved Pokémon growing up and would give anything for a modern game I just can’t care anymore with the effort they put in. There isn’t any and there’s so much possible with the IP and just absolute zero fucks. It must be one of the most profitable developers in existence, you could see higher output from a team of 5 who care. I can’t imagine why they would need more employees then that for what they dish out.

Marty-McFly

Banned
I don't think the Poke crowd cares much about graphics. This being open world is probably like Crysis was to PC gamers in 2007.

Shut0wen

I think at this point GameFreak should've realized their upcoming open world game looks ridiculously underwhelming in comparison to another upcoming Nintendo open world game.
We have seen many Japanese game developers have adopted UE4 as a standard platform in developing their games. Whatever proprietary engine they're currently using is good for 3ds level hardware but not for Nintendo Switch level hardware.

Youtube 1080p screengrabs

LWcibU7.png

kDvrsIZ.png

ON9HB0W.png
7rMgmMY.png

9Nq8M0l.png
gxbP6wB.png

ZNSpqfk.jpg

bc05636e991e50bb2adf7261d183cc69.png
I know what your saying but theres no way BOTW is xoming to a basic switch and i still the bid we were shown was off a switch 2, anyways gamefreak could of made this game on an engine running off space invaders and still make money, at the end of the day its a company, they need to make money and with its reputation and IP it doesnt really have to try

It's really sad to think of what could be if Gamefreak actually gave a fuck. The best thing we can do now is to hope that DokeV ends up being atleast half as hype as the trailer makes it feel.

Doesn't click with me.

But it's not on Switch for a reason, regardless.

Top Bottom