• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT: horror imagery

4EOJYbp.gif

What game is this? Like very much like Fatal Frame
DreadOut is a survival horror video game from independent developer Digital Happiness for Microsoft Windows, Linux, and OS X. A port for PlayStation 4 was announced but never released.[4][5] The story is about a group of high school students in Indonesia who come across an old abandoned town. There they are confronted with ghosts and paranormal activities, and one of the students, the protagonist Linda, begins to uncover the secrets of the town and its surrounding area. A sequel, titled DreadOut 2, released for Microsoft Windows in February 2020 and was subsequently ported to PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S in July 2022.[6] A Nintendo Switch port of the sequel was for a January 2024 release.[7]

JBat

Gold Member
The Noise Marines in 40k are some of my favorite things. They are mostly depicted as cool/bad ass hair metal rockers that melt their enemies' eyeballs with the power of metal but I think this image captures the horror of their existence described by the lore
HCZ4CSa.jpeg

ChazAshley

CharAznable's second cousin
wcFflXV.jpeg

It is the stuff of nightmares.

Close thread we're done here.

BQhR3SN.jpeg

The Pale Lady, "Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark"

This would have been my choice - we surely got away with horrific stuff back in the day, "meant for kids."

wonderfulsausage.jpg

harold.gif

thedeadhand.jpg

I forgot where I read this - but apparently good horror is when you take what is natural and slightly tweak it enough to make it slightly abnormal. I think it's because it dives in the whole, "this could possibly happen in real life" so the threat seems more real.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Close thread we're done here.

This would have been my choice - we surely got away with horrific stuff back in the day, "meant for kids."

wonderfulsausage.jpg

harold.gif

thedeadhand.jpg

I forgot where I read this - but apparently good horror is when you take what is natural and slightly tweak it enough to make it slightly abnormal. I think it's because it dives in the whole, "this could possibly happen in real life" so the threat seems more real.

I loved this series as a kid.

Top Bottom