• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan charts: Media Create 2 - 8 May

Odnetnin

Banned
Oogami said:
I agree. But in these times of days a game that rocks isn't quite enough anymore. It also needs big budget that makes the game looks expensive - VA, Hollywood movie type scenes, hours of CG/FMV, mind-blowing(not simple) HDTV progressive scan support graphics, surround DLP2 sound, online, huge marketing, etc. Nintendo aims not to do any of these.

you're pathetic. :lol

LowTecky

Oogami said:
I agree. But in these times of days a game that rocks isn't quite enough anymore. It also needs big budget that makes the game looks expensive - VA, Hollywood movie type scenes, hours of CG/FMV, mind-blowing(not simple) HDTV progressive scan support graphics, surround DLP2 sound, online, huge marketing, etc. Nintendo aims not to do any of these.

Are you serious? :lol

I can settle with buying games that just kick ass.

Oogami said:
Of course there is. Sony is best at keeping secrets and releasing megaton type deals like nothing. Remember how we were surprised last October when we found out the price of the PSP? And then a week later RE4 port to PS2 news? Then SC3 exclusive? They're insane in making huge surprises.

Sony, we have trusted you this far and you have not led us astray. Forgive me. I was wrong to despair. Lol, i really need to stop watching twin towers everytime it's on encore or whatever movie channel that is. Guess you're right though, i can't remember the last time if any that big news was leaked prerelease when it came to Sony.

Odnetnin said:
Who is Samus going to talk to? Herself? OMG, Samus has mental problems!

Pretty sure i'd have mental problems too if i'd been to like 8 different planets filled with lethal creatures that'd enjoy nothing more than killing me. On top of that like you said it's always just her and that trusty old yellow and red armor lol.

Firest0rm

michael000 said:
Sony, we have trusted you this far and you have not led us astray. Forgive me. I was wrong to despair. Lol, i really need to stop watching two towers everytime it's on encore or whatever movie channel that is. Guess you're right though, i can't remember the last time if any that big news was leaked prerelease when it came to Sony.

So many people confuse that lol me inluded.

Oogami

Banned
Firest0rm said:
Very likely that they don't equal to 64,000 though. We know for sure that they all did below 11,000 that week. Plus most are WAY below 11,000. PSP software sales are highly unlikely to have sold near 64,000 this week.

Let's say the PSP games under Top 10 all sold 10,000 each then. 7 of them is all they need to outsell Nintendogs!

And Metroid Prime 1 and 2 all have other characters that's not Samus. Also a lot of descriptions when you scan should have computer voice over too. The game is supposed to be based in the future and therefore high tech. Samus shouldn't even need to read at all if you think about it.

MoccaJava

Banned
Let's say the PSP games under Top 10 all sold 10,000 each then.

But they didn't, because the only two PSP games seen in the last two weeks on the daily charts were Derby Time and Minna no Golf.

There is absolutely no positive way in hell, especially with Super Mario 64 DS and Wario Ware DS being in or near the top 20 (thus occupying more spots on the chart) that PSP software sold over 64,000 this week.

Oogami said:
Let's say the PSP games under Top 10 all sold 10,000 each then. 7 of them is all they need to outsell Nintendogs!

And Metroid Prime 1 and 2 all have other characters that's not Samus. Also a lot of descriptions when you scan should have computer voice over too. The game is supposed to be based in the future and therefore high tech. Samus shouldn't even need to read at all if you think about it.

Your PSP statments in this thread are quite something. Creative mind OOgami has.

The last thing Metroid needs is lame voice interuptions like MGS. Codec is the bane of all gaming. Tidus' voice>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Codec blather.

heidern

Oogami said:
How do you know for the week Nintendogs outsold the whole PSP library? We only know the Top 10 software sales. Top 11-100 have bunch of PSP games too you know.

Ok I've been rumbled. Sort of. Actually in the "Who can stop the puppies?" thread the following info was divulged regarding the week to May 1st:
Nintendogs: 68,000
PSP Total: 14 games 58,000
Top 3 psp games: 30,000

That means the next 11 psp games sold 28K. I don't think it's totally impossible that the next 20 psp games sold less than 10K. This week Nintendogs only went down to 64,000 and psp games probably went down with the hardware sales. Still, what I can say, with Nintendogs selling 180K in the first week, is that Nintendogs in these last 3 weeks(315K) has handily outsold the entire psp library(less than 300K) put together for the last 3 weeks.

AniHawk

Oogami said:

It doesn't work like that. When Dengeki had numbers for their top 50, a lot of the times, 11-50 would range anywhere from 9,000-1,000.

Hearing it spoken would take longer than reading it. And at least you don't have to read it if you don't want to.

However, if they had a little video recording accompanying the speech so you could see the history, that could be cool. It'd ruin the atmosphere, but I've never been a fan of the MP atmosphere.

michael000 said:
Oh yeah you are right. Being from Houston though we're actually more familiar with twin towers, A-keem Olajuwon and Ralph Sampson!

How about Robinson and Duncan?
Wallace and Wallace?

Let's compare championships. ;)

Firest0rm

Oogami said:

NO WE WON'T SAY THAT OK? Because its for FACT that not 7 of them of them sold 10,000 each. The majority of PSP games are selling UNDER 1,000, with a few above 1,000. You can tell just by looking at that list you posted where most of the games have sold totals less than 50,000. Those are games that are definitely either low 1,000 or under 1,000.

Oogami

Banned
Nintendogs: 68,000
PSP Total: 14 games 58,000

Well they're neck to neck then. Not that much of a difference. The price of a PSP game is more expensive than Nintendogs too, probably why Nintendogs sold better.

Robinson and Duncan are the better twin towers! Hope the Spurs win this year. Shaq has to lose! /laker fan

Crankenstein said:
How about Robinson and Duncan?
Wallace and Wallace?

Let's compare championships. ;)

My last off topic post, but Akeem and Sampson were the original twin towers, everyone called them that. Ask any sports head who the twin towers are and they'd name these two. Those other tandems have been more successful ring wise but these two will always carry the nickname :D

michael000 said:
My last off topic post, but Akeem and Sampson were the original twin towers, everyone called them that. Ask any sports head who the twin towers are and they'd name these two. Those other tandems have been more successful ring wise but these two will always carry the nickname :D

You are right. All in fun.

Oogami

Banned
michael000 said:

I only remember Robinson and Duncan being the twin towers though. :D /spurs fan

Oogami said:
Well they're neck to neck then. Not that much of a difference. The price of a PSP game is more expensive than Nintendogs too, probably why Nintendogs sold better.

Robinson and Duncan are the better twin towers! Hope the Spurs win this year. Shaq has to lose! /laker fan

Damage control at its finest.

Expensive games don't sell! :lol Wrong. If that were the case, PSP wouldn't be doing so hot.

Oogami

Banned
Sgt. Killjoy said:
Damage control at its finest.

Expensive games don't sell! :lol Wrong. If that were the case, PSP wouldn't be doing so hot.

Yeah actually the reason PSP hasn't overtaken DS yet is because of the higher price.

Oogami said:
I only remember Robinson and Duncan being the twin towers though. :D /spurs fan

Feh, great tandem indeed but i lost alot of respect the spurs and robinson when they totally tanked the last half of 96-97 so they'd have a better chance in the lottery. He coulda played. Had robinson played that second half they probably would have moved up to just out of the playoffs heh. If you're a spurs fan you know i'm right :lol

Gessle

Oogami said:

PSP Game price: 5040 Yen
Nintendogs Price: 4980 Yen
NDS Third party game price: 5040 Yen

So yes, a PSP game is wayyyyy more expensive than Nintendogs... 60 Yen makes a lot of a difference :D

Oogami

Banned
michael000 said:
Feh, great tandem indeed but i lost alot of respect the spurs and robinson when they totally tanked the last half of 96-97 so they'd have a better chance in the lottery. He coulda played. Had robinson played that second half they probably would have moved up to just out of the playoffs heh. If you're a spurs fan you know i'm right :lol

Didn't they get Duncan in that lottery? If so, all is good. :D

And I'm also a TMac fan, but his last 40-point Game 7 blowout-ed game made me so mad. :lol

mj1108

PkunkFury said:
He is a joke character, right? Or am I having trouble with sarcasm and the internet again...

We can only hope. He's come in here and has attempted Sony damage control...and ended up looking like a complete idiot in the process. Can't we ban people for being completely retarded?

With the last MC sales post, he called the DS's 64k "fairly decent" and the 38k the PSP sold was "really well". :lol :lol

heidern

Oogami said:

Sorry? You're damage controlling the fact that for the week, Nintendogs was neck and neck with the sales of every psp game put together by using the fact that it's 60 cents cheaper?

There are no words.

Just
:lol :lol :lol

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
DS - 67,863
PS2 - 38,629
PSP - 33,981
GBASP - 22,633
GCN - 5,655
GBA - 431
Xbox - 169

YTD / LTD
DS - 808,420 / 2,304,016
PSP - 820,635 / 1,302,887
DS Lead - 1,001,129

Culex

Banned
It's amazing how one game that is arguably not a game can turn around hardware numbers that much.

A month ago, it was: DS is doomed, PSP is kicking ass. How things have changed!

Li Mu Bai

Banned
Culex said:
It's amazing how one game that is arguably not a game can turn around hardware numbers that much.

A month ago, it was: DS is doomed, PSP is kicking ass. How things have changed!

With the upcoming DS releases, I don't see the momentum slowing anytime soon.

Oogami

Banned
Sgt. Killjoy said:
Ah yes. But to be expected from you.

God, did you even read my post? And silly me asking Nintendo fans to be reasonable.

Oh well, back to the Spurs game. 3-0 Sonics?

So if/when sony has 9 in the top 10, but number one is a DS game, can i say "Oh boy DS number one Nintendo wins again" without sounding like an ass?

No, no i couldn't. You can't either.

cvxfreak

Interesting tidbits:

Pokemon Emerald is at #12. Another 10K sold.

Pokemon Fire Red is at #32.

Kirby: Kagami no Daimeikyuu is at #28.

Rock_Man

2 May - 8 May
2(2) DS Naruto: Saikyou Ninja Daikesshuu 3 (Tomy)
4(4) DS Nintendogs: Shiba and Friends (Nintendo)
5(7) DS Nintendogs: Dachs and Friends (Nintendo)
6(8) DS Nintendogs: Chihuahua and Friends (Nintendo)
8(12) DS Touch! Kirby (Nintendo)
11(14) PSP Derby Time (Sony)
16(17) PSP Shutokou Battle (Genki)
20(30) DS Sawaru Made in Wario (Nintendo)
22(34) DS Super Mario 64 DS (Nintendo)
23(32) DS Egg Monster Hero (Square Enix)
24(41) DS Bokujou Monogatari: Colobocle Station (Marvelous)
29(20) PSP Dora-Slot 2: Suyaku wa Zenigata (Dorart)
33(40) PSP Minna no Golf Portable (Sony)
41(RE) DS Pac Pix (Namco)
42(46) PSP Sarugetchu P! (Sony)
47(RE) DS Catch! Touch! Yoshi! (Nintendo)
48(43) PSP Tales of Eternia (Namco)

11 games for DS in the top 50 and just 6 for PSP. Also, GBA had 14 titles in there this week!

Top Bottom