• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan charts: Media Create 30 May - 5 Jun

mj1108

Oogami said:
To be fair, these are just bad examples. In that week DS gained only 778 units and PSP decreased by only 1326 units. That's a huge difference of +2000 PSP and -5000 DS this week.

Also in that week PSP still sold better than the DS by 174% and PS2 sold better than GCN by 974% anyway, making the gain/loss over weeks pretty much a non-issue.

Whereas last week DS sold better than PSP by 185%, this week it decreased to 147%. Definitely something to think about.

You do realize that by posting this kind of crap in this thread you are making everyone look much smarter than you, right?

ThongyDonk said:
on nintendogs release DS outsold PSP by 1000% definately something to think about!!!

:lol :lol

Oogami

Banned
Stopsign said:
Brain Training has some legs. I think it is because of the small price tag.

Can anyone answer my questions I posted earlier?

Do any more DS games come out next week? I know in a week or two there is Geomon and Famicon Wars coming out plus the next entry in the Brain Training series. Those 3 games should all do fairly well.

This is off topic but when are the NPD numbers coming in for May?

These?

NPD for May should be out next week. Will be nice to see how much better PSP is doing than DS. :)

In Japan DS games next week will have another ER game and a non game, a dictionary. PSP will have smart bomb. So I don't see anything different in sales next week. This week has nothing for both system, which the result will be in next week Media Create sales chart. I predict PSP gaining by a bit again and DS to fall again this week. Just a healthy prediction not a troll.

Ruzbeh

Banned
Oogami said:
NPD for May should be out next week. Will be nice to see how much better PSP is doing than DS. :)
I wouldn't expect much. Out of all regions, PSP in Japan should be doing the best. Since it has a much lower price ($185), lots of games (no killerapps though) and... well because Japan is really Playstation territory. Anything called Playstation will be at least +10.000 weekly sales.

In the US... the PSP is $250 dollars, less games out... and the DS has also less games but is 150 dollars, the DS games are cheaper in the US than they are in Japan. Nintendogs in Japan was released approx. 5 months after the PSP release. Nintendogs in America will also be released 5 months after the PSP release. August, right? And other games will be on the way too...

This years June, July and August in the US will basically be Japan's March and April in 2005.

Sooo... to the American DS I can only say one thing: PREPARE FOR LIFT OFF! :lol
SolidSnakex said:
The only thing funny about Oogami's comments is that some of you don't seem to realise that the guy is hardly a Sony fan.
How did you tell... wait don't tell me.. was it the avatar?

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
SolidSnakex said:
The only thing funny about Oogami's comments is that some of you don't seem to realise that the guy is hardly a Sony fan.

X-fans who hate Nintendo so route for Sony in the portable sector but flip the script and despise Sony in the console front for their beloved 360 I think should be counted as such.

Oogami

Banned
Rock_Man said:
June 16
Baku-No [Smart Bomb] (Eidos) PSP
Yawaraka Atama Juku (Nintendo) DS
Chou Shittou Caduceus [Trauma Center: Under the Knife] (Atlus) DS
Winner: DS

June 23
Coded Arms (Konami) PSP
Bomberman: Panic Bomber (Hudson) PSP
Ganbare Goemon: Toukai Douchuu (Konami) DS
Famicom Wars DS (Nintendo) DS
Winner: DS

June 30
Jissen Pachislot Hisshouhou! Hokuto no Ken Portable (Sega Sammy) PSP
Harukanaru Jikuu no Uchi de 2 (Koei) PSP
Adventure Player (From Software) PSP
Simple DS Series Vol. 3: The Mushitori Oukoku (D3) DS
Simple DS Series Vol. 2: The Billiards (D3) DS
Simple DS Series Vol. 1: The Mahjong (D3) DS
DS Rakuhiki Jiten (Nintendo) DS
Atari Classics: Happy 10 Games (Atari) DS
Asphalt: Urban GT (Taito) DS
Winner: PSP???

Predictions please!

Yawaraka Atama Juku is 6/30. The other DS release for 6/16 is a dictionary. I already posted my prediction.

wow, not a troll indeed.

Hmm? I said PSP will sell a lot better than DS in May NPD, can anyone say it won't?

Ruzbeh said:
How did you tell... wait don't tell me.. was it the avatar?

Umm nope, its just his past history. Ya know, the whole ripping on Sony thing. Just let his comments roll off, he's just doing it for attention.

Oogami

Banned
SolidSnakex said:

......I've been kicked out of the club haven't I? :(

mj1108

Oogami said:
These?

Why are you bringing up NPD in a JPN sales thread? Grasping at straws?

Nintendo fans breath a sigh of relief
whats nice to see though is non games winning, hopefully this'll show other developers taking risks is worth it on the DS
Hopefully though if Nintendo can translate this philosophy to the Rev 3rd Parties may see that what they are trying to do may actually work
you can have your Pokemons and your Touch Dic's if you know what i mean. (Big games and risky little numbers)

Well I think I got a little mixed up. When I first saw the Simple series I thought it was another version of Brain Training.

I thought that Nintendo announced another version of Brain Training coming out. Can anyone confirm this?

Deku

Banned
Razoric said:
:lol :lol :lol

Wow, sony fans went from PSP is CRUSHING DS!! DS STILLBORN!!! To "uh well DS only sold 11,000 more for the week, DS is losing STEAM! YEAH!" :lol
:lol

Shaheed79 said:
X-fans who hate Nintendo so route for Sony in the portable sector but flip the script and despise Sony in the console front for their beloved 360 I think should be counted as such.
there are people that do that?

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

crazy!

mj1108

Oogami
Banned
(Today, 07:39 AM)
Reply | Quote

:lol :lol Nice. Now, give him the tag "A 1 week trend" when he comes back.

GDGF

Soothsayer
You know, when you've been predicting the DS for the win as long as I have, it gets a little tough to think of new comments to say in threads like this :)

Soothsayer!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
mj1108 said:
Oogami
Banned
(Today, 07:39 AM)
Reply | Quote

:lol :lol Nice. Now, give him the tag "A 1 week trend" when he comes back.

its gonna be a while.

dkeane

Jonnyram said:
hardware:
DS 34,939
PS2 30,811
PSP 23,225
GBASP 9,859
GC 2,360
GBA 538
Xbox 205

Much is GBA SP in Japan, I can't believe it's still selling close to 10,000 units. That's insane.

mj1108

ddkawaii said:
:lol
A 1 week trend? He was joking right? Or did someone edit his posts to make it look like he said that?

He was serious. Look back on he last 2 months or so of sales threads for real Oogami comedy.

studio810 said:
Much is GBA SP in Japan, I can't believe it's still selling close to 10,000 units. That's insane.

Count me as one of those GBASP sales. Although I have a DS and a SP, the SP finally broke down and I prefer to use the Yan player in the SP because of the form factor.

The GBASP is truly great hardware I hope the next Nintendo rev of the DS is as good as the SP.

When did the white PSTwo get released in Japan? Did it bump the PS2 numbers at all?

AirBrian said:
Oh, and is this an all-time low for Xbox?

Dunno about X-box all time low but I expect it to be doing < 200 units soon. Although interestingly enough I've heard stores are seeing a pickup in the more popular and currently heavily discounted X-box titles being picked up. Probably the current X-box owners and potential customers have packed it in and are getting ready to consider (note I didn't say buy) X-xobx360 and it's BC features.

I don't expect M$ to win in Japan but I expect them to do much better...Probably a little worse than GC did this time in Japan. We'll have to wait and see though.

Also :re PSP. Isn't it doing exactly what Sony said it would do? It wasn't supposed to storm in and take the handheld market by storm. It was targetting a different type of handheld customer and made to build a niche for itself. Just because you dominate one part of a market you are not entitled to release any old thing and dominate another market ( on your first try at least).

Jonnyram

According to sales kamisama on 2ch:

100k units of DS software were sold this week (in the top 50?).
30k units of PSP software.
DS tie ratio has seen a marked increase recently.

MinGol Portable now totals 360k, Shin Sangoku Musou and Ridge at 280k, Derby Time at 68k and Shutoku Battle at 56k.
Egg Monster Hero at 78k, the three dogs packages are at 180k, 120k and 110k (Shiba, Dachs, Chihuahua)

Meier

Rock_Man said:
Famitsu numbers for May 23 - May 29 are now out.
http://www.famitsu.com/game/rank/top30/2005/06/09/120,1118315002,40146,0,0.html
For the first time since launch, there´s not a single PSP game charting!

Nintendogs sales data:
week: units
1: 135,674
2-3: 155,393
4: 37,194
5: 34,871
6: 33,172
Total: 396,304

It took Pokemon Green/Red 19 weeks to reach that number in 1996!

Interesting stats on all accounts. Pretty incredible that it's held rock steady the past 3 weeks.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
YTD / LTD
DS - 939,437 / 2,435,033
PSP - 915,416 / 1,397,668

DS Lead - 24,021 / 1,037,365

Top Bottom