• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jason Schreier gets his Privilege checked by Neil Druckmann

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Or...just read / watch spoiler free reviews. The story content of a game in a story driven game must, by design, be discussed in order to properly review it.

Discussed by whom in order to properly review it?

The person that reviewed the game is the one who played it firsthand. So they have a grasp of the story and what to review it as. The score isn’t going to change nor how they felt. They will add in those spoiler parts after.

This is to prevent social media trolls from ruining it for others who aren’t reading those reviews if they existed, but happen to be spoiled clicking on an unrelated video or scrolling their timeline.

This hurts noone, and can be read by those who want to be spoiled after the date.

Kotaku just has a hard-on to ruin anything and everything in gaming. Especially their lust for ND and “crunch”, etc..

There’s not a single thing anyone can say that somehow omitting spoilers impacts the reviewer’s decision of the review, they’re the ones that played it first hand they know what the fuck the story is about and will review accordingly.

Mental gymnastics.

Discussed by whom in order to properly review it?

The person that reviewed the game is the one who played it firsthand. So they have a grasp of the story and what to review it as. The score isn’t going to change nor how they felt. They will add in those spoiler parts after.

This is to prevent social media trolls from ruining it for others who aren’t reading those reviews if they existed, but happen to be spoiled clicking on an unrelated video or scrolling their timeline.

This hurts noone, and can be read by those who want to be spoiled after the date.

Kotaku just has a hard-on to ruin anything and everything in gaming. Especially their lust for ND and “crunch”, etc..

There’s not a single thing anyone can say that somehow omitting spoilers impacts the reviewer’s decision of the review, they’re the ones that played it first hand they know what the fuck the story is about and will review accordingly.

Mental gymnastics.
Discuss as in talk about in your review. The point of a review is to convey the level of quality one can expect from the experience. When the game is story driven you cannot properly convey that and allow me to come to a decision about whether or not it's a game I want to play without discussing spoilers. And no...vaguery like "If people don't like it it's probably because of the second half of the game" (a line I've actually heard used in reference to a soon to be released title) doesn't cut it. That tells me nothing about whether or not I would be bothered by the content in the latter half, just that some people might be. Just as you need to discuss gameplay to review gameplay you need to discuss the story, and thus by extension spoilers, in order to properly review the story.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Discuss as in talk about in your review. The point of a review is to convey the level of quality one can expect from the experience. When the game is story driven you cannot properly convey that and allow me to come to a decision about whether or not it's a game I want to play without discussing spoilers. And no...vaguery like "If people don't like it it's probably because of the second half of the game" (a line I've actually heard used in reference to a soon to be released title) doesn't cut it. That tells me nothing about whether or not I would be bothered by the content in the latter half, just that some people might be. Just as you need to discuss gameplay to review gameplay you need to discuss the story, and thus by extension spoilers, in order to properly review the story.

They will be added after. It still doesn't change how the reviewer felt about the game.

The games also don't disappear after the date they are allowed to add spoilers. People who want to be spoiled, are usually not day one diehards for a single player game.

I think people are looking for every little thing to stick. I for one am glad they are mitigating spoiler avenues for the trolls, especially after the perceived false context leaks (going by what reviewers have specifically said on them now). Those looking to get spoiled, will, in due time.

Last edited:

Enjay

Banned
Hopefully this gives colin something to actually talk about during his show.

Jason Schreier blocks literally anyone if they disagree with him on anything from what I’ve heard.

He’s a loser who spends his entire day scrolling through his twitter feed looking for boot lickers.
Yes he's reportedly a really big fan of kamiya.

Last edited:

entremet

I just don't know why you call out your "friend" like that on social? Just send him a DM. This passive-aggressive stuff in public forums is so catty.

Social media has really killed people's ability to, you know, be a decent person lol.

They made up it looks like, but what a weird move by Jason. DMing exists.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I just don't know why you call out your "friend" like that on social? Just send him a DM. This passive-aggressive stuff in public forums is so catty.

Social media has really killed people's ability to, you know, be a decent person lol.

He's a coward, and he needs his army of tigglypuffs to prop him up and attack.

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

Eh, sometimes when I'm drunk I like to troll old classmates on FB if they get too political if they went through a goth "phase" in school lol.

Typically I ask if this is like when they went through a "goth" phase and it really pisses em off. :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Schreier and druckmann right now

2m2n70.jpg
I'm so using this image in one of my GAF photo edits.

CatLady CatLady -Arcadia- -Arcadia- nikolino840 nikolino840

Prepare your butts.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Irony of this thread is that all 3 of them are privileged.
Had the game not been made by ND or published by Sony I wonder if it would still have scored perfect 10's.

Your a sentence short of saying they bought them reviews. Come on, you can do it!

• LOL
Good of Neil to call out these annoying,dramatic,emotional fanboys who like to start controversary like Jason and thuway(a few years back). Naughty Dogs work speaks for itself, they don't need warriors defending there games. Especially someone who's supposed to be a neutral game journalist.

Last edited:

ROMhack

Lol what? Who is provoked and butt-hurt by a lesbian protagonist and a black Spider-Man? And who gets mad that these games does well critically?

Hint: It’s not the leftists.

Who have tried to destroy anyone’s life? What did I miss?

Easy there. I'm a lefty and have an irrational dislike for popular things.

We called us hipsters back in my day and we were much better than those SJW folks (I know you miss us, it's okay).

• LOL

Woodchipper

Easy there. I'm a lefty and have an irrational dislike for popular things.

We called us hipsters back in my day and we were much better than those SJW folks (I know you miss us, it's okay).
That’s not what I meant though. Disliking a thing because it’s mainstream and disliking a thing because it features a lesbian couple are two different things, right? I was talking about the latter.

ROMhack

That’s not what I meant though. Disliking a thing because it’s mainstream and disliking a thing because it features a lesbian couple are two different things, right? I was talking about the latter.

I was being quite facetious but, yes, I largely agree.

Lesbian couples are very low on the list of things that bother me tbh.

All these trust-fund yuppies who make more than most of us ever will can kiss my ass with their petty drama.

I feel no sympathy for either of them and the world would be better off if they both just fucked off. I just want to relax after work and now I have to spend hours researching titles before I buy, not because I need to be worried about quality, but because I need to make sure I'm not buying a political screed that gives money to tankies.

SinDelta

I think Bioshock Infinite leans more towards Battlefield Earth quality then Citizen Kane quality but that's just me.

Now Bioshock 1 and 2 on the other hand...

Last edited:

Shmunter

I dont get it. Whats wrong with this? Public discourse isnt allowed?
It’s not discourse. It feigning moral superiority. Virtue signalling and scoring points by sacrificing another human at the altar of woke PC culture. Abhorrent.

Luckily in this instance Jeff has enough support and the callout so bizzare that there is sufficient push back. A less affluent user would have been cancelled, their reputation, their livelihood.

Vildiil

This is mostly why social media like twitter is a mistake. it's largely become Jerry Springer, minus Jerry springer. Never did like those types of shows like springer or Steve Wilkos.
I remember signing up to Twitter in 2009 and telling my friends after a week that social media was a mistake. I finally deleted all of my social media accounts this week and couldn't be happier. It's nothing but shit like this 24/7 these days and serves no purpose other than for echo chambers of insanity and cancel culture.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I remember signing up to Twitter in 2009 and telling my friends after a week that social media was a mistake. I finally deleted all of my social media accounts this week and couldn't be happier. It's nothing but shit like this 24/7 these days and serves no purpose other than for echo chambers of insanity and cancel culture.

Doesn't NeoGAF fall under the classification of "social media"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom