• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jez Corden is hinting at Persona coming to Xbox

PhaseJump

Banned
I expected Sakura Wars from Sega to show up before Persona 5. PC still needs the Persona 3 port that was rumored a while ago.

Who cares though. Xbox is probably going to buy Sega and piss on Atlus to help them grow. I can't wait. The meltdowns will be so salty. Just look at the comments in this thread already.

Horatius

with how happy they were with Persona 4 on PC, i can't imagine they'd hold off a quick xbox/pc port job forever, easy money

Pallas

Would be pretty big but I’m still waiting for P3P and Persona 4 golden console ports that won’t happen.

Honestly wish Atlus would just package a Persona mythology like collection set with the PSP ports of the entire series for at the very least PS4/PS5 and Switch. Xbox would be a bonus.

splattered

For anyone that says "Who cares, it's just an old game" ... you do realize that this is how the NEW games end up on the system right? Starts with older ports while the new games are in development. What a time to be alive... never thought i'd see a return to a japanese focus on Xbox. Wow.

Chessmate

Banned
Just open up a new forum for all the tremendous Xbox News. PhilGaf. This is getting a little hard to keep track of, and somehow the rest of the news on Gaf is kind of lame. 😐

Kagey K

Banned
For anyone that says "Who cares, it's just an old game" ... you do realize that this is how the NEW games end up on the system right? Starts with older ports while the new games are in development. What a time to be alive... never thought i'd see a return to a japanese focus on Xbox. Wow.
All of Phil’s trips to Japan finally starting to pay off?

Kagey K

Banned
I Want It All Everything GIF by Malcolm France

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
No interest in Persona but if Microsoft can get that on Game Pass for Xbox, that's huge for the platform and im fully expecting a long term contract/deal with Sega sooner rather than later for their future releases in addition to the current deals that they have with Sega.

Kumomeme

i guess if it happen, they would port the spin off game first. like persona 5 strikers for example and see how it's reception before port the main game persona 5/royal. we see similliar stuff on pc.

Last edited:
Who plays this dorky shit?

Is there an actual market for this crap outside of Japan?

I don't know why people have this image of people that play JRPG's that they are all scrawny, virgin, out of shape looking nerds or social misfits. The most weeb dude I know is an amateur boxer. he just loves JRPG's and and anime. Me and my friends played high school sports and still play in a basketball rec league. If you saw me and my friends you would never think oh this dude is into Magic the Gathering and videogames and anime. I just think labels are stupid as hell.

Methos#1975

I don't know why people have this image of people that play JRPG's that they are all scrawny, virgin, out of shape looking nerds or social misfits. The most weeb dude I know is an amateur boxer. he just loves JRPG's and and anime. Me and my friends played high school sports and still play in a basketball rec league. If you saw me and my friends you would never think oh this dude is into Magic the Gathering and videogames and anime. I just think labels are stupid as hell.
Persona 5 is one of my favorite games of this gen, one of the few I actually bothered to plat. Sure I don't fit his demographical view of JRPG fans. I'm a 45 year old married combat vet that competes in powerlifting lol.

Look out, big tough bad ass here. The irony of making fun of people who enjoy jrpgs while being on a video game message board. Video games as a whole have suffered from a stigma of being that thing that kids, nerds and virgins do, but you want to lash out at people in the same group as you. Give me a break. Sort your shit out.

Last edited:

drganon

Gold Member
Dont know who this Jez guy is or how reliable he is, but if true it's cool news for xbox and probably pc fans of jrpgs who dont own a ps 3/4/5. Persona 5 is a fantastic game that finally got me into jrpgs after years of writing the genre off completely.

Heh, people wonder why Japanese games normally skip the XBOX.....

That’s generally the reaction I hear from most XBOX gamers. The majority of them are just not into these types of games, so IF Microsoft is buying Sega imo it wouldn’t make much sense and Sega will not be the same.

Persona 5 sold millions on PS4 and even on the PS3. If it hits 100,000 on XBOX, I’ll be very surprised. I guess it could do OK on Gamepass out of curiosity from gamers though. I think Persona 5 is a really good game. If this rumor is true, XBOX gamers should give it a chance.

FingerBang

Take this for what it's worth, but I don't think he's talking about P5 and P5R. I have heard Sony has put some money in the development of the games and that's the reason something as natural as P5 on Switch hasn't happened.

This is probably P5S. Happy to be proven wrong.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
this would be huge.

i'm itching to get a Playstation just to replay Persona 5 Royal again. if it were to come to Xbox/PC then that's another nail the coffin for Playstation (for me).

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
The salt is reaching critical level.

Not a few people here will buy the umpteenth rerelease of GTAV when it’s out, but sure, XBox getting Persona means nothing because the game is years old.

Top Bottom