• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Rogan's Podcast |OT|

Really? He shouldn't have apologized? Under what context is it acceptable to refer to a black community as planet of the apes? As a POC, am I a freak for taking offense to these comments? When incidents like this happen over, and over, and over again throughout your life, it takes it's toll. I've been a fan of Joe Rogan's for a long time and I think he's a phenomenal talent, but the comments that he made are so vile and unequivocally seeded in racism that I simply can not bring myself to tune in to him anymore. I never called for him to be cancelled, but I don't understand your admonishment of people who are. And the same old apologies get issued; "oh I'm sorry this was ~10yrs ago. I've since grown from this..." Ten years ago, Joe Rogan was well into his 40s. Ten years ago, it was 2012. Everyone in America is/was well aware that comments like this are racist, full stop. I'm in my 30s and I've been the victim of racism from 8 yrs old. At what point do apologies become hollow? Or should I always take them at face value?

But I do sincerely apologize for being such a snowflake on this matter. I promise to do better.
Rogan should have apologized, and he did. Three times at this point, I believe, including just a moment after he said it in the first place. He knew it was over the line a second after he said it. I think and hope that's what people mean when they say he shouldn't have apologized. I think they mean again. Should Kevin Hart apologize again for his comments about homosexuals, or do you believe him that he's sorry? As to when apologies become hollow, that's up to all of us to decide individually.

But that's the thing about the benefit of doubt, the value of forgiveness, and allowing people to grow. You can deny all of that to other people as much as you'd like, just don't be a hypocrite and expect others to give those things to you, should any of your past actions (even ones that you immediately regretted and apologized for) ever become public knowledge. That's true for famous people as much as it is for a circle of friends. We've all done or said things we wouldn't want people to know about. What you give to others in those situations and what you respect in return is your choice to make.

Last edited:

Jsisto

S-tier Rogan

‘the literature’
🤣

I like to think for every one person that got some bad medical information from his show, he’s had to have saved at least like…..500 people from getting their dick eaten by a chimp. 😂

Jesus Christ, if only everyone else knew that THIS is the kind of stuff that people love about Rogan.

They lie about him, because he respects people with opposing thought, and they generalize and slander people with opposing thought. He's also willing to criticize himself and others who have the same worldview as he does, and the mainstream media refuses to do any of that. They view him as a threat, and that's pretty easy to see if you know his actual values and beliefs.

Jsisto

I really hope he has someone with a counter view on climate change very soon. I’m certainly not an expert on the matter, and obviously he’s free to have on whoever he chooses, but he’s really not helping himself out here just as things seem to be dying down.

treemk

Banned
I really hope he has someone with a counter view on climate change very soon. I’m certainly not an expert on the matter, and obviously he’s free to have on whoever he chooses, but he’s really not helping himself out here just as things seem to be dying down.
For real dude, if only this rich baller/fighter/hunter/comedian took more advice from you.

The reality is what you see as a mistake is why he is where is is.

Counter views to these official talking points are usually just brainwashed or following the crowd, so they don't want to come on and when they do they look like a fool as Gupta did.

tecmo9000

They lie about him, because he respects people with opposing thought, and they generalize and slander people with opposing thought. He's also willing to criticize himself and others who have the same worldview as he does, and the mainstream media refuses to do any of that. They view him as a threat, and that's pretty easy to see if you know his actual values and beliefs.

I feel like this whole thing was a witch hunt on Joe.

Jsisto

For real dude, if only this rich baller/fighter/hunter/comedian took more advice from you.

Counter views to these official talking points are usually just brainwashed or following the crowd, so they don't want to come on and when they do they look like a fool as Gupta did.
I get all that, and I still love and support his show. I’m just saying that a climate change skeptic who was a former official at BP, no matter how he tries to spin it, certainly leaves a lot of room for doubt about what he’s saying.

Thaedolus

There are a lot of rich idiots who got rich telling people what they want to hear and being overall dipshits. The fact that Joe’s gotten rich doing what he does shouldn’t make anyone think it’s an indication of the intellectual fortitude of the conversations, it’s entertainment first and foremost. Constructive criticism shouldn’t be answered with “well he’s rich so it sounds like he knows what he’s doing….”

Don't know if already posted, but CNN have jumped the Shark.

I still chuckle at the 6th January "Insurrection". I've seen more violence at a 2nd or 3rd Division football match. CNN won't let that go ever. It's an obsession. And an increasingly transparent obsession.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
kvf8AiA.png

I've seen more violence at a 2nd or 3rd Division football match.
iu

Last edited:

Jsisto

Another January 6th moment....youve got to be frickin kidding me. These people have no shame and a tenuous grasp on reality. Pure grifters.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Beside spotify where else can find newest episodes?

Google? They always get re-upload to sites like Bitchute and Odyssey.

If you need raw MP3s without downloading them yourself, there are torrent and mega links on 4chan's /t/ board but they're not fully up to date.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I thought this discussion about the future of technology was interesting.

I tend to side with Joe more in this discussion. Coleman is mainly guessing about difficulty and bias, but doesn't have any tangible reasons that connect the dots. It's just a feeling.

Take his common cold vs the moon landing example. Relatively speaking, there is very little funding going into the development of a common cold vaccine. There is now because of the effects of COVID19, but that's besides the point. The moon landing, on the other hand, had massive amounts of funding and government resources thrown at it. With enough money and effort comes results. The Manhattan Project and the Apollo missions are solid examples of this. Project Warp Speed is another more recent example.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I missed this one earlier, but this is a good clip that shows that Joe is still open to having his mind change as he is exposed to new and updated information from experts.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I thought this discussion about the future of technology was interesting.

I tend to side with Joe more in this discussion. Coleman is mainly guessing about difficulty and bias, but doesn't have any tangible reasons that connect the dots. It's just a feeling.

Take his common cold vs the moon landing example. Relatively speaking, there is very little funding going into the development of a common cold vaccine. There is now because of the effects of COVID19, but that's besides the point. The moon landing, on the other hand, had massive amounts of funding and government resources thrown at it. With enough money and effort comes results. The Manhattan Project and the Apollo missions are solid examples of this. Project Warp Speed is another more recent example.

I think i actually started a thread in OT with the very same question actually like a year ago. But I was asking more so in terms of not just humans but any living species is there a limit to technological innovation.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Mr. Beast was just on. I wonder how some people will try and shit on him despite his extensive charity work because he went on the most popular interview show in existence?

Jsisto

That would be his most watched episode, by far. People will also flip their shit and start with the alt-right nonsense again.
Exactly why I hope he doesn’t do it, as much as I think it would be an incredibly fascinating interview if he followed his standard 3 hour format.

Top Bottom