• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Carpenter Says New Halloween Picks Up Right After the Original

Michael Myers walks back through the front door after falling out the window and kills Loomis and Laurie. The rest of the movie is an extended situational comedy about Myers trying to adjust living a single life as an adult man outside of prison for the first time.

Phased

My only issue is the sister angle is basically his entire motivation and it makes sense for the movie and why he's stalking her. It even works for 1.

Why on earth would he even give a shit about Laurie 40 years later if she wasn't his sister.

I'm totally down with them basically remaking H20 and replacing the kid she has, along with putting it an extra 20 years in the future.

My only issue is the sister angle is basically his entire motivation and it makes sense for the movie and why he's stalking her. It even works for 1.

Why on earth would he even give a shit about Laurie 40 years later if she wasn't his sister.

I'm totally down with them basically remaking H20 and replacing the kid she has, along with putting it an extra 20 years in the future.

Because she got away?

His entire justification in the original is that she walked up to his house and he decided to fuck with her.

Because that's what The Shape kind of is;a Halloween prankster.

Michael was stalking Laurie's friends more than half the movie before he even attempts to kill Laurie. It's not until she walks over to their house and sees their bodies that he actively starts trying to kill her.

Then Halloween 2 came along and shoehorned the sister angle in the dumbest way possible to get Michael after Laurie again even if it didn't match his earlier behavior.

Solo

My hope is for a brand new score (since his Lost Themes albums show the man clearly still has it when it comes to scoring, even if he doesn't when it comes to directing), but with a few of the old cues at the right moments.

Jerm411

I'm down for retconning the entire sister angle...never really cared for it, much more terrifying to think of MM being motive less and just wanting to fuck any and all up.

I do wonder if they'll tie in Loomis somehow....

f7Gf51X.gif

his filmmaking may have gone down the drain, but his latest music is still so great.

Top Bottom