• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Kerry on The Daily Show tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

border

Just a little reminder, for anybody that wanted to watch :D

It's already been taped, so here is a story for Spoiler-Hounds...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=1963&e=4&u=/ap/20040824/ap_en_tv/kerry_daily_show_5

Stewart Probes Kerry on Military Service

NEW YORK - After weeks of charge and countercharge in the presidential campaign, comedian Jon Stewart tried Tuesday to get to the bottom of the debate over Democrat John Kerry (news - web sites)'s military service in Vietnam.

"I understand apparently you were never in Vietnam?" asked Stewart, host of Comedy Central's "The Daily Show."

border

I just caught it and thought it was pretty entertaining. Kerry seemed a bit more relaxed and looser than usual. It would have been nice if they had talked about stuff seriously a little bit more.

SD-Ness

border said:
I just caught it and thought it was pretty entertaining. Kerry seemed a bit more relaxed and looser than usual. It would have been nice if they had talked about stuff seriously a little bit more.
Yeah, and longer. Thirty minutes of comedy wasn't enough.

xsarien

daedsiluap
It wasn't even 30 minutes. The Daily Show needs to be at least an hour, when they have major guests like this John's just getting warmed up at 15 minutes.

GG-Duo

I agree. Riding on the absurdity of the recent news stories (including stuff like The Scream being stolen), the Daily Show has just been pumping brilliantly funny material.

Drensch

Wow. John Stuart has gone really far to the left.

I know. The Daily Show, a hard news show and claiming to be fair and balanced, and now what they do? They're practically Soviet Controlled tv. Oh wait, it's a fucking comedy show, that claims to be funny, nothing more nothing less. Pull your head out of your ass.

Drensch said:
I know. The Daily Show, a hard news show and claiming to be fair and balanced, and now what they do? They're practically Soviet Controlled tv. Oh wait, it's a fucking comedy show, that claims to be funny, nothing more nothing less. Pull your head out of your ass.
If Kerry wins this election, unless the Republicans pick a real doozy to run up against him in 2008, I'm fairly sure there will be more jokes about Kerry and his administration for the next four years than there will be on his republican opposition come voting time.

etiolate

Banned
It normally takes the comedy shows a year or two to find the comedy angle on a president. If Kerry gets elected, I'm curious as to what joke will be their main focus.

etiolate said:
It normally takes the comedy shows a year or two to find the comedy angle on a president. If Kerry gets elected, I'm curious as to what joke will be their main focus.

My guess, at least an early (albeit stupid) angle will be the creepy laugh of his.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom