• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Wick director signs up for Rainbow Six movie starring Michael B Jordan

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Glad were getting this, not sure how Without Remorse was compared to the books as I havnt read them, but I enjoyed the film.

MMaRsu

Banned
Never heard of Without Remorse but the trailer makes it look like a bad B action movie

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Please god be good and faithful to the franchise. 🤞🤞🤞🤞
vgch8es63olz.jpg

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Michael B Jordan is the new Jai Courtney it seems.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
So many videogame adaptions are going to start moving forward now thanks to the success of Sonic, TLOU, and even the recent Mortal Kombat.

Ready for Metal Gear to be butchered. Let's get this over with.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Never really been a fan of MBJ in anything. Not saying he's bad, this could be good, but the casting doesn't exactly excite me.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I mean, if Jai Courtney could act at all, sure.

Though he was actually good as Captain Boomerang in the Suicide Squad movies.
I get a feeling you don't what I mean..🤔
There was a period where Jai Courtney would be in all the latest films, it was like Hollywood was trying to make him the next big thing but it just wasn't working.

Kupfer

Which part of the franchise?

The part where it was a tactical shooter with detailed planning and multiple squads?

The New Vegas arc which was more arcadey but still a bit tactical

Or the Rainbow Six Siege part where its just 2 teams playing against eachother?
What about the crystal alien arc ?

XHx1F7N.jpg

Didn't play extraction, so no clue what this nonsense is about

Last edited:

Barakov

Gold Member

The Hollywood Reporter reports that the director of the John Wick films has signed on to helm the upcoming Paramount film.

It had already been confirmed back in 2018 that Paramount was working on two films based on the Tom Clancy universe.

The first of these, Without Remorse, was released on Amazon Prime Video in April 2021.
GIF by HULU

Might be good.

My thoughts exactly. Without Remorse should have been much better, but it's completely forgettable.
Without Remorse should have been what The Terminal List ended up being. I highly suggest that show instead as it felt like entirely like a Tom Clancy property in the good way.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

As reported by The Hollywood Reporter, Daniel Fajemisin-Duncan and Marlon Smith have been tapped to pen the script for the Rainbow Six movie. The duo are responsible for some gritty TV shows such as Run. They don't have many super mainstream credits to their name, so this will likely be their biggest project to date. Thankfully, as an adaptation, there is a lot to pull from both via the games and the books.

Roberts

Now I will have to click on the link to see which one of the two John Wick directors it is going to be, because Stahelski is great, Leitch not so much.

SkylineRKR

Without Remorse was too convoluted and just boring, I didn't enjoy it.
I mean, if Jai Courtney could act at all, sure.

Though he was actually good as Captain Boomerang in the Suicide Squad movies.

He's a bad actor and Boomerang is likely his only good role I know of. I hated seeing him in Die Hard, Terminator etc but those movies would also be dumpster fire without him so w/e.

jaysius

Banned
This guy was terrible in the last Clancy movie he was in.

They should have gotten The Raid director.

John Wick 1 was AMAZING, one of my favs, the rest are too long and get boring near the middle from reusing bad sequences.

Top Bottom