• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joker 2: Folie à Deux Trailer Drops Tonight

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Throw Away Dirty Work GIF by MOODMAN

AJUMP23

I did not like the first one.....and I don't like a trailer to announce a trailer.

Look at me crying the rain.....BOOO HOOO

Animated GIF

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I lost interest the moment I heard it was going to be a musical with Lady Gaga
That's when I gained interest. I don't need Joker 2. I need something new.

If you picture what the internal view is from inside of Harley Quinn's head, the whole world probably does look like a musical. A demented, R-rated musical with graphic violence.

At least that's what I'm hoping for, because that's never really been done before.

ssringo

I'm not sure how much more of his origins there is that's worth exploring. Lady Gaga is also a turn off for me.

That said, the first one was surprisingly good so I  am interested enough to give it a shot. Probably. On streaming.

Billbofet

I did not care for the first one, but I really appreciate that it tried to do something different than most superhero trash.
I'll probably give this one a shot just, for again, doing something different.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I dont know how much more of that crying/laughter i can take. one movie was enough. i thought he had turned into the joker but it seems hes regressed.

I wanted to see this cocky joker for the sequel.

Joaquin Phoenix Movie GIF

25b2e6e4af90afaee75c4f16c6fd88d114efa925.gif

Regardless, im out. I dont do musicals. I think its ridiculous to turn this into a musical when the main audience that made the movie a billion dollar hit was young men who couldnt give two shits about musicals. Im all for directors doing what they want. I just wont be paying to go watch Mama Mia Joker Edition.

The first movie itself wasn't bad, but so many offshoots from whatever they now consider the main continuity of the DCEU, to be, makes it hard to be excited for any of their offerings.

IMO, it just confuses audiences.

Still, I have little doubt it will be well-received.

Vick

Had no idea they were making a sequel.

The first one is the only comic book based movie I've enjoyed since the Nolan Batman trilogy, so I'm obviously super stoked to see what Phillips delivered now. Please don't screw things up, that Bruce scene was perfection as it was.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
A demented, R-rated musical with graphic violence.

At least that's what I'm hoping for, because that's never really been done before.

It's been done with Sweeney Todd in 2007.

I'm not sure about this film. I like musicals and loved the first film, but I'm not sure I want a combination of the two for the sequel.

It's like watching the original Godfather, but then having the Godfather part 2 be a musical. It might work, but would it be what people want to see?

DKehoe

Thought the first one wasn't that interesting. So if they're doing a sequel then at least it's going for something different.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Was the first movie any good? I stopped caring about DC after those Dark Knight movies.

Also I stopped caring about superhero movies because of Disney.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Was the first movie any good? I stopped caring about DC after those Dark Knight movies.

Also I stopped caring about superhero movies because of Disney.

It's not a superhero movie, it's a character study. It's good.

Looks great.

Judging by the trailer it seems like they're keeping the scope somewhat similar to the first, which is a good thing. I hate when smaller scale movies suddenly get an "epic" sequel just because the budget allows for it.

Vick

Interesting.

Most promising news to me is Hildur Guðnadóttir confirmed. She really made the first movie, and captured what's imo the most Batman sounding bit in history of media, slightly after the third minute mark:

Top Bottom