• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Studios’ Loki Season 2 - Official Trailer

HoodWinked

the writing for this season is so good but i feel completely uninvested into Marvel these days. EP5 was really exceptional and seems like the actual the payoff for EP1-4.

Marvel14

Banned
The cynicism only comes from the quality of almost everything that the MCU has put out recently. It's quite justified.
Even Loki Season1 was rather hit or miss for me. Good ideas but some cringeworthy awful writing and acting in some Episodes.
You can't shove so much stuff out and maintain quality. It's impossible

If.you don't know what I'm talking about you'll love shows from the 70s and 80s...you should check em out.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Even Loki Season1 was rather hit or miss for me. Good ideas but some cringeworthy awful writing and acting in some Episodes.
You can't shove so much stuff out and maintain quality. It's impossible

If.you don't know what I'm talking about you'll love shows from the 70s and 80s...you should check em out.

I've said this already somewhere in the forum, but S1 was an exercise in deconstructing Loki. The character is about to undergo profound change and it makes sense narratively that first you deconstruct then you rebuild.

Marvel14

Banned
I've said this already somewhere in the forum, but S1 was an exercise in deconstructing Loki. The character is about to undergo profound change and it makes sense narratively that first you deconstruct then you rebuild.
Wasn't the deconstructing, it was some cringeworthy scenes between Hiddlestone and female Loki that just didn't work and weren't believable.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'

They definitely deconstructed the character to transform him into something that housewives could watch on a weekly basis, but I miss the old dick head Loki from the Avengers movie. Hiddleston portrayed an unforgiving asshole like few others in that movie.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Every episode so far has been super strong and this one might've been as good as the first episode of the season, I hope they don't fumble the finale.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
They definitely deconstructed the character to transform him into something that housewives could watch on a weekly basis, but I miss the old dick head Loki from the Avengers movie. Hiddleston portrayed an unforgiving asshole like few others in that movie.

He's going to become a much more powerful version of himself (if i am reading things correctly)....

Not all comic Lokis are villains.

Mossybrew

Even though Im tired of multiverse stuff this has been my favorite mcu show and this season was great, loved the ending though kinda bummed that this is almost certainly the end of the series, no idea how it could continue from here unless they switch focus to lady loki, which just wouldnt be the same.

Laieon

Only about halfway through the season, but the episode with McDonald's did a much better job at tickling that nostalgia than Captain Marvel did, which seemingly forgot about the era it took place in after showing Blockbuster.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Damn that was brilliant.

Also did a good job leading into Deadpool 3 without being overt about it.

The TVA building an army to fight Kang. Ms. Minutes is in Deadpool 3.

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
Surprisingly, that was really good. I had problems getting back into it at first. Does this mean that the whole Kaang problem is now solved? For MCU?

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
That was a really good finale, the entire season was great really.
I guess this is why the time stone is green lol, also the purple stuff at the top of the tree is clearly the kang stuff.

also seems the lore keepers at marvel dug deep, because this whole thing is circular now, with the tessaract being hidden behind the mural of the tree.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Surprisingly, that was really good. I had problems getting back into it at first. Does this mean that the whole Kaang problem is now solved? For MCU?

No it sets up the two Kang Avengers movies: Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars and is the direct lead-in to Deadpool 3 which is all about the Kang threat.

Last edited:
So, question about something I didn't fully understand...

Why do the timelines start to die when the loom is destroyed?

Wouldn't it just lead to an infinite multiverse, exactly what Silvie wanted? Is it because perhaps an infinite multiverse without Loki/New TVA leads to unchecked Kangs who destroy all existence?

peish

majors performance in ep 6 is his best so far, no over acting and silly twitches. just sinister and why loki was scared shitless before

makes me almost want to believe in the kang phase.

ManaByte

Gold Member
So, question about something I didn't fully understand...

Why do the timelines start to die when the loom is destroyed?

Wouldn't it just lead to an infinite multiverse, exactly what Silvie wanted? Is it because perhaps an infinite multiverse without Loki/New TVA leads to unchecked Kangs who destroy all existence?

That's exactly what's happening, they showed it in the Quantumania credits scene and it's what TVA is building an army to fight in Deadpool 3.

RAÏSanÏa

That was a dialed to 11 finale for what was a rather dull season otherwise. That final scene with Loki portraying a god ascending. and unveiling of the new costume was perfect.

The dialogue expanding on reincarnation was fascinating in that it taps more than basic modern theory and introduces these complex ideas however fancifully to fresh minds for pondering. With the World Between Worlds in another D+ show this could lead to some profound philosophical development with viewers interested in Western new age esoterism.

Glorious chaos.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Terrific conclusion

I like how they went back to Norse mythology for Loki and had him essentially rebuilding a kind of Yggdrasil by binding the various threads of fate

For the first time in a long time, an episode or film of a Marvel Disney+ film or show had a natural and meaningful tonal shift between act two and three.

peish

I am confused about the timelines and loom? What does the loom do? I am thinking it gives the TVA powers as in Ep3 Timely talks about infinte power.

But why does the timelines need the Loom? Why does Loki needs to replace the Loom?

Why does HWR dying causes the Loom to overload? I guess it was a fail safe to draw in more timelines so it overloads in the end?

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'

I think this is a simple and elegant way to divorce themselves from Kang if they have to. Any decent writer can now craft a single movie that replaces Kang with Loki while establishing that a new status quo is whatever they want it to be. While making this entire multiverse premise a thing of the past in the process.

And I expect that to happen.

bitbydeath

I am confused about the timelines and loom? What does the loom do? I am thinking it gives the TVA powers as in Ep3 Timely talks about infinte power.

But why does the timelines need the Loom? Why does Loki needs to replace the Loom?

Why does HWR dying causes the Loom to overload? I guess it was a fail safe to draw in more timelines so it overloads in the end?
Kang created the loom to ensure the sacred timeline would be preserved. His death was tied to the pruning of other timelines which once he died stopped occurring and overloaded the loom, causing it to explode. The loom was never setup to handle the multiverse but Loki’s version is.

lifa-cobex

Well fuck me.
I didn't expect for that to be good.

I even stopped watching after a few episodes of S2. Mate told me to watch them all.
Good shout.

Well fuck me.
I didn't expect for that to be good.

I even stopped watching after a few episodes of S2. Mate told me to watch them all.
Good shout.

The Only good thing about Phase 5

Too bad it's over though

Unless they continue with Lady Loki which would be a bad idea. I like her character but nowadays, I think they should just end it due to getting obvious backlash if they continued on with Silvia

Last edited:

lifa-cobex

Season 1 was meh. (Initially)
I thought season 2 would be the same after a few episodes but it even redeemed season 1.

I only complaint was how fast Loki changed in the first season. He went from ripping out eyeballs and invading planets to a bit mischievous within a few episodes.
Given how well this ending was. I can overlook that.

I thought season 2 would be the same after a few episodes but it even redeemed season 1.

I only complaint was how fast Loki changed in the first season. He went from ripping out eyeballs and invading planets to a bit mischievous within a few episodes.

See I love both seasons of Loki. It actually felt like a TV show. One of the main issue with MCU currently is they are shooting their shows like their movies. When the way shows are made are way different than how you make movies

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

Loki was under the influence of the mind stone in the scepter... That's why he was so crazed and more hateful than before. And why he wasn't in Thor 2. Apart from the scepter, he's more like who he is in the show and Thor 1.

peish

Kang created the loom to ensure the sacred timeline would be preserved. His death was tied to the pruning of other timelines which once he died stopped occurring and overloaded the loom, causing it to explode. The loom was never setup to handle the multiverse but Loki’s version is.

I skimped the loom lore in ep1-3 because those starting ep were so boring

Now that our loki becomes the loom lad, kindof invested as to why he needs to become one?

I can see the purpose of the loom
1. powers the TVA, so they can do their pruning thing
2. failsafe to destory all timelines but scared one should HWR dies.

Begs the question, do the timelines need a loom or a loki to stay alive? We see him regenerating them? What came before the loom?

stupid storytellers, give us a lore summary somewhere.

Last edited:
Top Bottom