• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Studios’ Loki Season 2 - Official Trailer

Billbofet

VitbIjn.gif

StueyDuck

Fuck the cynicism in this thread. All they had to do is show me Ke Huy Quan.

After EEAO I see the man and say

giphy.gif
The problem is Disney are expecting that sort of memberberries reaction from fans so that they don't have to actually put effort into script writing or story telling.

Last edited:

Stitch

Gold Member
Is this show any good?
It’s a modern take on the Monkey King mixed with some teen stuff & how life for asian-americans feels like. Episodes are short and the story moves pretty fast. Well there's one Episode in Mandarin that feels like they tried to make it look like the old Monkey King TV shows & not much is happening in it. Didn't Bore me, but some might not be into it.
I like Wuxia so I enjoyed the show and hope there’s going to be more of it.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
It looks like Disney actually spent money on good set designs and CGI for Loki season 2. I simply can't believe that Secret Invasion cost $200 million because that show looked like it was made on a much, much lower budget.

Ulysses 31

It looks like Disney actually spent money on good set designs and CGI for Loki season 2. I simply can't believe that Secret Invasion cost $200 million because that show looked like it was made on a much, much lower budget.
They have insane bugdet for the series they put out.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
The obligation to make content for it totally screw up what made the Infinity saga so great, the continuity between movies , every film felt special , like an episode of a tv show but in the big screen.

The problem they'v given themselves is that by pumping out so much content, they've reduced everything down to insignificance. You know that whatever happens that there is another movie or show coming. All the stakes have been lost. Phases 1,2 and 3 told a complete story. All it is now is a series of disparate ideas with no central throughline, with decreasing quality. Who fucking cares?

Just_one

The problem they'v given themselves is that by pumping out so much content, they've reduced everything down to insignificance. You know that whatever happens that there is another movie or show coming. All the stakes have been lost. Phases 1,2 and 3 told a complete story. All it is now is a series of disparate ideas with no central throughline, with decreasing quality. Who fucking cares?

yeah pretty much this. everything is just there , there´s no goal in sight , nothing

Kenpachii

First season was great.

This just looks like "we don't know what to do just do something". Trailer gave me no reason to watch it further.

Nester99

Is he gonna to get all the powers of the avengers at the end? Secret invasion has soured me hard on marvel…

Someone is stealing money from disney shows budget. There is no other explanation.
more like hiring your personal friends as "consultants" that do nothing and charge a major premium.

People are just tired of their trash. It's not just their woke agenda. They keep letting incompetent hacks be in charge who not only don't respect the source material but also can't tell a basic story.

It's what happens when you base your hirings on "diversity quotas" and not qualifications, and it's happening not just at Disney.

Soodanim

Gold Member
It's hard to say whether or not this will be good. I enjoyed S1 enough, but after Kang was ruined by Ant Man 3 I'm not sure he deserves more than a side story role. He will surely be the prime antagonist though, because Kang is the villain in "Avengers: All The Good Ones Are Gone And Replaced With Nobodies" unless I've been misled. Plus, somehow, how different Loki is from actual Loki hit me more in that one trailer than it did in the entirety of S1.

MCU is still in its "Waiting for X-Men and F4" phase because it's running on fumes.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
There's no way this is not a money laundering scheme in some form. Those budgets are ridiculous.

It's one gigantic money siphon going straight into the pockets of a bunch of executives who do literally nothing to contribute to the actual show. Somebody on Wall Street discovered that the entertainment industry is a great way to fleece cash from a poorly managed system, and they've all caught on to it.

It's why the strike isn't going to end any time soon, because the execs know if anything changes, and more transparency comes about, it'll destroy their personal money train.

Last edited:

wondermega

After the dust cleared, Loki S1 was my most-enjoyed of the D+ shows; one of those situations where I was fairly disinterested/had no expectations, so it turned out to be a pleasant surprise overall. Not interested in the Kang stuff, but I am definitely going to check out to see what they do with S2 for this show. Although with how everything else has gone (super hero/Marvel fatigue) I do feel pretty burned out from this stuff overall, so if it doesn't hit the ground running, I will probably not have too much gas. We'll see.

Urban

Well Season 2 started. What you guys think?
I lost nearly all interest in the MCU and only watched episode 1 so far. It was ok for me

Spyxos

Gold Member
It is good, but i am having a hard time connecting to this world again. I really liked the first season. But at that time Marvel was not yet in total chaos where rarely something works.

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
That ending?!? What happened?

And why did Loki kill Loki? was he from the future?

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
That ending?!? What happened?

And why did Loki kill Loki? was he from the future?
After the scene with x-5 and ravonna, it seems obvious that some kind of reset is incoming.
And to your spoiler, no the events loop into themselves:
loki starts timeslipping, OB comes up with a fix, timeslips into the future, gets pruned, gets pulled out of time back into the present, gets timely, sees his past self, realises he's holding the prune stick and there's noone else around, prunes his past self.
So it's a loop where loki always gets pruned by himself.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Wrapping up the latest episode:

Ke Huy Quan is perfectly cast as OB

The quality of this season gives me hope that Marvel can bounce back after Quantumania

The "getting the team back together" vibe of this ep was a nice change of pace away from the "constantly hurtling towards doom" of the previous episodes

Owen Wilson had a few very Owen Wilson moments that made me grin

I find it clever that the writers used the literal god of strife as an axiom to try to make sense of and correct strife

Last edited:
Top Bottom