• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jokingly Rate the PS5 Reveal

Rate the PS5 reveal

• Total voters

Birdo

Banned
Xbox-One-S-1TB-All-Digital-Edition.jpg

Moogle11

Banned
8.5/10 I'd say.

Not any real bombshell surprises for me, but lots of games I look forward top laying that have me more likely to buy at/near launch if most of them shown are in the launch window. I was hesitant after the PS4 and X1 launch years (and a bit beyond) were pretty barren and I spent more time on PS3/360/Wii U/3DS.

Not a fan of the white console/controller, but hardly a deal breaker as I keep stuff out of sight when not in use anyway.

Stuart360

5/10. The future of gaming indeed. The power of the SSD indeed.
I expected more from Sony to be honest. Realism wiill finally set in for some people though.

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
Might look better in the flesh - but so far, it's....hmmm.

Orta

Banned
It was embarrassing tbh. Started off with a fucking PS3 game and trudged its way through.

Kena and Little Devil Inside were nice, that's it.

Overall it was even worse than that shitty Xbox show a few weeks back.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I give it a 7 out of 10.

The first half of a show was an absolute shit show, sprinkled with some decent offerings. Definitely was feeling Ratchet n Clank and DeathLoop. Spiderman PS5, well there was hardly anything there and I think I've had my fill of Spiderman for now. I was happy to see the reveal of the console. Demon's Souls by bluepoint was the best part of the show, which kinda says something. Horizon 2: Forbidden West looks so good, I don't think I even need to see gameplay based on what HZD was. Instabuy.

So it started out as a 3/10 and those 3 things saved it. 7 of out 10, Bob.

Pizdetz

Banned
Good I'm not crazy. I thought it was pretty good but nothing remarkable - are we just spoiled?
I expect at least 1 AAA mega launch title. Is that what spiderman was supposed to be? They showed very little so I was surprised.

Bkdk

Console looks great, though other than Gran Turismo 7, I'm not really excited for the other games at all and GT7 is not a must play like the older GTs anymore. I'm getting tired of the art direction RE is going for. The new characters look so boring, the classic Resident evil has both survival horror and super cool characters, what is happening in 7 and 8? Square Enix gotta be trolling here. An action game is the last thing I want from them. Also from the looks of that lips, it's not like it will be some traditional Japanese female character design either. This reveal is a big disappointment if you are looking for some classic Japanese Playstation games making a return. I'd say 5.5/10.

I only enjoyed Ratchet and that Mario looking Sackboy game that hopefully won't control like ass like previous LBP games. Slim pickings. That one cartoon animal high school drama felt like I was dying from AIDS. Is this how Sony expects me to drop 500 bucks on the PS5?

Vawn

Banned
Without Demon's Souls, 9/10. With it, 15/10.

They absolutely fucking dropped the hammer.

Last edited:
Told you it was going to be bad. This was truly awful. Awful. Tumbler artists given AAA budgets? Space Karens? A FUCKING FURRY GAME given top priority. I don't know if there's something in the water, but shit has gotten SOOOOYYYY. #PSFail 2007 called, it wants it's Sack Boy back. Only Japan could save us now.

Saber

Gold Member
I would say 8.

Has some biggies and other interest silly games. While the rest looks like either very meh or unattractive to me(like Village).

PS5 design is a bit of mix bag.

SonGoku

6, was expecting more than a games reel and over half the games were unappealing
Console reveals should have hands on with hardware, developers technical deep down, tech demos etc. Where was all the flair? saving it for a later date?

Loved the design

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
There is no option to rate it.
Sony over delivered this time... and the design is a champ gorgeous machine.

4/10 I'll probably transplant it into a broken OG Xbox or original Xbox One from ebay. The games were really depressing. Even DeS and EH2 couldnt save that stream for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom