• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journal Science: Study reveals Spinosaurus far more aquatic than previously known

Status
Not open for further replies.
cassowary1_1823780c.jpg

JP-fyeahmovieclub4.gif

- J - D -

It's interesting that renditions of the newer reconstructions suggest an even larger dorsal sail than previously thought. It's huge!

Andrea Cau is saying otherwise though. I think he has access to early information about Spinosaurus, since he's been hinting about the shortness of Spinosaurus since 2013.

Yeah, I read his blog post earlier today, and at this point I'm inclined to accept his interpretations based on firsthand observation of the new specimen.

More importantly, though, is word that a more thorough monographic description of this neotype is in the works, which should answer a lot of the questions the material has raised. I can't wait.

Andrea Cau is saying otherwise though. I think he has access to early information about Spinosaurus, since he's been hinting about the shortness of Spinosaurus since 2013.

Interesting. I'm looking forward to learning more! Spinosaurus has always been an oddball, but this makes it more unique if it does pan out.

I feel bad for the guys who did the Spinosaurus display skeleton on Jurassic World.. they made it fairly scientifically accurate.. well, up until now. Ah well! Still looks really nice.

Thread title should indicate the Dinosaur being the Spinosaurus.

The most fascinating part of this is that the study suggests the Spinosaur was a quadruped on land, and not bipedal as originally thought. The new reconstruction makes the Dinosaur all the more bizarre:

6hBSaeg.jpg

Oh, wow I kind of missed the quadrupedal Spino.
Man, Dinosaur's get more interesting and diverse every few years. I mean...I know that it's been suggested that spino might have been an occasional biped, but that reconstruction is so "alien"-looking (especially for a theropod)
I love it.

Ecotic

It always upsets whenever I read about something that we had at one time, but it was destroyed in World War II. Arts, fossils, other priceless pieces of human and natural history. There's only a finite amount of Spinosaurus fossils in the world. Who knows if we'll ever find another that had the same answers as that one which was destroyed.

ugh i love dinosaurs and dino threads on gaf always prompts to go discover more dino stuff for hours on end

<3

also time to discover majungasaurus

\o/

So, as some suggested, the science didn't add up: the arm reconstruction of Spinosaurus's humerus was faulted- they used a Sauropods. As such, the animal once again is bipedal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom