• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July 5th Edition of What are you playing?

_Angelus_

Banned
GTASA for the Xbox. I see where some of the complaints about handling drivebys come from,its tricky to pull off with the white+A buttons,especially when youre steering and maintaining a decent speed to pull off. I guess it could be like the old saying,trying to roller skate and chew bubblegum all at once,it just takes practice. Other than that the game is great,love the games scope,the homeboy So.Cal feel,great soundtrack as well.

BlackThorne from the SNES,played on my PSP.

It sorta reminds me of Out of this world with its simple get from point a-b feel mechanics,climbing and platforming/shooting animations.

God of War. It really is a great game,I now see why you crazies spoke about it as you did:) . Best hack and slash game this gen. for me. The music,the art style,fun platforming,the crazy back and forth fighting action,hats off to Sony for publishing a great game. Btw-did this come from one of their internal teams? Cause if it did I have even more respect for Sony,please do a sequel for the PS3 some day.

All in all,qreat games for me. Its been awhile since I've played 3 games simultaneously,good stuff here.

So what great games are you guys playing?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Messing around with GTA, Mercenaries and WWE8 on Xbox.

Emulation and World Tour Soccer on PSP.

I'm picking up Killer 7 on GC whenever it shows up.

Ronin

DMC3 STILL has me by the balls. So damn fun. Mixing it up with some Samurai Warriors and Tekken 5.

Lumix

Wangan Midnight: Maximum Tune 2 (Arcade)
Para Para Paradise 2nd Mix (Arcade)
Karaoke Revolution J-Pop Best Vol. 1-3, 5 (PS2)
Phantasy Star Generation: 2 (PS2)
Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II (GC)

Andy787

Banned
243162.jpg

+ Untold Legends.

Meteos is my most played game.
Kirby Canvas comes in second, followed by Bomberman DS.
Just picked Day of Reckoning for 12$ CAD...first time ever playing it and having a good time.

This will keep me busy until Nanostray and Ultimate Brain/Card games (is it still coming out this month with online play?).

_Angelus_

Banned
To the GTASA pros-I need help.

I'm stuck on a section early in the game. You're suppose to hightail it to your homeboy's girlfriend's house and save her from being shot up by a rival gang. They're all camped out outside her apartment while I'm suppose to swing a drive by and take them out. The problem is I suck at using the white and A button for drivebys. Plus the games difficulty is tough since your car will blow in a matter of seconds with all the gun fire coming in. I've tried jumping into another car and running them down but again the car youre in blows in a matter of seconds.

Any advice?

AniHawk

Meteos was the last game I played. Riviera MIGHT be my next one. I have four games sitting in my room unopened, and it's a choice between Riviera, Psi-Ops, Chronicles of Riddick, and Sphinx.

_Angelus_

Banned
Mrbob said:
MVP 2005 mainly.

Some San Andreas too. When the disc doesn't lock up on me! :/

You too?

I bought a used copy that had a few minor scratches thatwere hard to view and like a dumb ass I lost my receipt. I just rented the game from BlockBusters though so *the switch* is now on baby:)

Mikazuki

Army death height crane group location world
Tokyo Extreme Racer 3
King of Fighters 95

Odd choices, but I'm determined to "complete" all of my games before buying a next gen system, or any more games for that matter. I've been doing quite well, since March I've completed Zelda OOT, Majora's Mask, Link's Awakening, SFA3, Pilot Wings 64, Super Smash Bros Melee, FF7, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Real Bout Fatal Fury, Megaman X5, Nights and Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon.

I'd so buy a DS if I didn't have such a backlog. That and I don't want to buy new shoes until I find a job. :lol Someone better call soon, I actually want to work fast food at this point. :(

Unison

In the last two days:

DS:
Kirby DS
Meteos

SNES:
Final Fight 3

Game Boy Color:
Uno

Gameboy:
Mario's Picross

NES:
Super Mario Bros.
Yoshi's Cookie

PC: Silent Storm

Cube:
Mario Party 6

Devil May Cry 3 just came today. :D

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Mikazuki said:
That and I don't want to buy new shoes until I find a job. :lol Someone better call soon, I actually want to work fast food at this point. :(
Bahaha! You sound like me. Fortunately I have a couple of auditions coming up next week. I need to work again!!! :(

Timo

CHRONICLES OF AWESOME.

riddick awesome.

a little prince earlier. broody dark one. and wario twisted.

Zeo

Banned
Just bought Donkey Kong Country 2 and Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure for Game Boy Advanc today ($20 total, nice).

Both are fun, but a little flawed. Crash is a really great rendition of the PSone games, just mainly side scrolling stages (with some "running away from big monster" segments and a couple flight stages that play like the PSone games). But it's only 4 worlds (although there might be an unlockable 5th, not sure). Should have been 6 or 7. Good $20 portable though.

DKC2.. I'm a little disappointed because DKC2 is one of my favorite games ever and they screwed up some stuff in the GBA version. I knew the music and graphics wouldn't be as good, just like the first DKC port. But then they seemed to take things out that I liked in the DKC port, like keeping track of the KONG letters so it counts towards your percentage and you get letter grades up to A or S in time trials, but not it doesn't even give you a grade.

Still the same great game though.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Morrowind
Kirby
Fire Emblem (the first USA one, can never finish it)
Tales of Symphonia
Gradius 4

Hope to get me Meteos soon and Nanostray later.

TheDiave

Banned
Well, July 5th is (or I should say was) my birthday. With the nice chunk of change I got from relatives, I picked up Meteos for DS and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat for 'Cube.

Meteos is really cool, although the pacing is a lot more frantic than I expected... It's a lot tougher than it seems. Jungle Beat, I decided to get after I tried the demo at my local CC; I had heard the game was fun, but I found out for myself just how much. I'm quite pleased with both purchases.

Top Bottom