• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July 5th Edition of What are you playing?

bill0527

Re-playing Half-Life 2 since I got my new Geforce 6600GT card last week. What a difference a good video card makes... I was playing it previously on a Radeon 9200. Needless to say, I started completely the fuck over because this game is like a total new experience with this video card.

Bought Battlefield 2 - haven't played it much yet. I've got a joystick on the way. I'm kind of a Battlefield noob so I've been sticking to single player until I learn the maps.

GTA:SA on Xbox.

Still playing Guild Wars, but not near as much. I don't think I've logged in for a week.

Lo-Volt

Falling off the radar for the moment are my PSP games, Wipeout Pure and Lumines. Replacing them are Kingdom Hearts, Soul Calibur II (GC), Ace Combat 5, Animal Crossing. Thank God those greatest hits deals gave me a chance to pick these up; I would have ignored these like I ignored most other games in the last few years. I guess I should surrender my gamer card now.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Still playing WoW, got back into Diablo II, and have to review Samurai Western (don't cry for me, I'm already dead)...

Mupepe

Banned
I just replaced the DVD Drive in my XBox so I'm catching up on some Xbox goodness like Jade Empire and KOTOR II and also Kirby on my DS :D

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Mr Nash said:
Still playing WoW, got back into Diablo II, and have to review Samurai Western (don't cry for me, I'm already dead)...

I thought Samurai Western was fun in a sort of simplistic, stupid way.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Still playing a lot of Halo 2 multiplayer with friends through lan at home.

Got back into GTA:SA after about 6 months of not touching it and I'm loving it.

Replaying RE4 just cause it was in my gamecube when I went to put in the other Nintendo game I'm playing right now which is Super Smash Brothers.

So yeah those four are getting all my gaming time right now.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Total WoW resurrection. Poor BF2...

Good time for it also, barely any games I am looking forward to buying the rest of this summer anyway.

sasimirobot

up338691.jpg

b_2.jpg

1110841021.jpg

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Xmen Legends. I'm 7 levels into the game and I'm really starting to question why so many people said this was so good. Its average at best.

Erdrick

Meteos-DS
Metal Gear Acid-PSP
Boktai 2-GBA
RE4-GC
Metal Gear:Ghost Babel-GBC
DMC3-PS2

I just beat Boktai yesterday. Awesome game. Considering I am a night owl and am asleep during daylight hours, I am suprised I beat this. Only bad thing is that I got a password that I could use in the sequel, I wrote it down and put it in the 2nd game and it was incorrect. I can't go back and re check, since I saved over my game with the clear data. Arrrgh.

Not a big deal, really. I like Boktai 2 so far. Some nice new additions.

I'm on a Kojima kick as of late. Portables have taken most of my gaming time.

Bring on Boktai 3 and Boktai DS please. :)

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Super Robot Wars Alpha.

More addictive than I expected for such an old game.

Soul4ger

Linkle Liver Story! I have a soft spot for that game.

Currently playing:

Meteos
Dragon Quest V (PS2)
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath

User 406

Banned
I'm only two games shy of finishing my backlog, and it's beginning to look like I might be done sooner than I thought. I just started Phantom Brave, and though I expected that I'd be playing it for the next month or so, it's just not grabbing me the way Disgaea and La Pucelle did. There isn't any of the puzzle stuff I liked, the free movement scheme doesn't particularly turn me on, I really don't like the rigid sequential turn structure, and I really don't like having a turn limit on my characters. Not to mention, they passed over their usual asinine slapstick comedy for some sappy sob story. I think I'll just trade it in. Maybe Makai Wars will be more my speed.

That just leaves Hitman Contracts, which I've already tried to start twice before, and couldn't seem to get into the way I did with Hitman 2. I'll give it one more try, and if I still can't recapture the feeling, off it goes as well to be converted into more cheap CDs for my wife. And then I'll be done with my backlog and I'll be able to make my first game purchase this year, DYNASTY WARRIORS 5! Hooray! :D

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Soul4ger said:
Linkle Liver Story! I have a soft spot for that game.

Currently playing:

Meteos
Dragon Quest V (PS2)
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath

Yeah, it's not bad... not without its flaws but would be a great kid's game (provided the kid knows Japanese). I dig the music, especially the clock tower board. Actually I'm writing an (extremely) bare bones walkthrough for the game which should be on Gamefaqs soon.

john tv

Final Fantasy I&II: Dawn of Souls!

Currently running back and forth trying to get Death Machine (aka WarMech) to appear in the Flying Fortress. All four fiends are dead, and two of the four Soul of Chaos dungeons have been completed. Characters are all around level 60, and I'm still enjoying every moment of it.

Nostalgia-fueled goodness, baby!

Next up will be Shining Force Chronicle I on my cell phone. I'm also playing the awesome Ys: The Oath in Felghana on my PC whenever I get a break.

john tv

suikodan said:
Playing this on PSP...

my.php

I forgot how this game was so nice and having it portable is too much.
Which EMU? Is the quality up to 100% yet? I've been wanting to play Dragon Quest VI once it's perfect...

suikodan

john tv said:
Which EMU? Is the quality up to 100% yet? I've been wanting to play Dragon Quest VI once it's perfect...

The latest Snes9x "Y" edition for PSP... It's far from perfect. I use lots of frameskip just to have the music at the right speed since it doesn't need to be perfectly fluid graphic-wise to enjoy it. Otherwise I'm having a blast playing it.

Kingpen

I've been on a Winning Eleven 8 kick ever since I saw some Copa Mundo action of some soccer games on the spanish channels. The game sucks you in once you gain some skills at it. I always used to get my ass handed to me on 3 star difficulty, but now I am competitive. Giving the master league some time and wondering who to recruit to my team...

I had Conker spinning in the box for a while but have just been totally consumed by WE8. I also am getting a desire to go track down a copy of NFL 2k5 and start investing some time into that.

I have no desire to go into next gen at the next systems launches as I have way too much of a backlog to play. The only thing that would get me into next gen early would be GTA5 at PS3 launch...

LakeEarth

B0007ZD79E.01-A1NDBS7YGOPBD6._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Must...beat... fun but some real annoying missions.

And after 5 months, I'm still playing...
xb_streetfighterannivcoll.jpg

Can't ever stop. Looks like I'm gonna be an A rank forever though.

In my backlog:
Metroid Prime 2 - I've owned it for months and still haven't play
Tales of Symphonia - Bought it on a whim, in an RPG mood lately
Harvest Moon : Wonderful Life - Found it for cheap but still haven't even put it in the GC yet
Resident Evil 4 - Beat it to death, but I'm itching for it again! Pro mode perhaps?

Flo_Evans

currently playing ninja gaiden (emulated) on PSP - really makes me want to borrow an xbox and play the new one^^

Still at the last? boss in ZOE2... but I haven't booted it up for a week.

Gran Turismo - I think I have finnaly satisfied my machine lust, now I am going through and completing races/going for golds on license tests.

waiting for:

zelda TP
fire emblem

okami
we love katamari
wanda
MGS3:S - I usualy don't buy these, but this one looks like it adds so much stuff I have to get it.
SCIII

tenchi no mon
GTA: psp
virtua tennis psp

LakeEarth said:
Resident Evil 4 - Beat it to death, but I'm itching for it again! Pro mode perhaps?

Going through Pro right now, just beat Krauser.

I have a ton of ammo and healing items - I've been pretty conservative and since I've already beaten the game, not so concerned with getting from chapter to chapter, and restart a lot to complete a section with minimal ammo/health use.

After this I think I'm going to bust out Cold Fear.

Finaika

At home... NOTHING!

At arcades:
Tekken 5
Soul Calibur II
SNK vs Capcom: Chaos
King of Fighters 2002/2003/Neowave

Well I'm gonna start playing Digital Devil Saga or Shadow Hearts II soon tho heh...

Top Bottom