• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July 5th Edition of What are you playing?

Fularu

Banned
Lots and lots and lots of WoW (mostly SM cath / armory runs of late)

Dragonmawl owns me :( well and the fact that's I'm just a "lousy" lvl 40 taurren Warrior :p

Zeo

Banned
Oh.. And aside from the GBA games I got yesterday, I'm playing Meteos (as you all should) and still playing Kirby off and on, even though I got 100%. Best game of the year so far (other than RE4).

I pick up Wipeout Pure like once a week. It's probably the only game use I'll get out of PSP for a long time, although new stages will keep me coming back for more. <3

Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner - Well, I tried playing this. The camera is hideous, and I have a very hard time playing this game. I don't know if the camera is just that bad or I'm using it wrong.

Maximo VS the Army of Zin - This game is fucking awesome.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Xbox: Halo 2 on XBL every night
PS2: MLB 2006. ( I will make the fuckin majors and get out of AA)
GC: When I get the urge
PC: Battlefield 2 or Yahoo Checkers

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Angelus said:
GTASA for the Xbox. I see where some of the complaints about handling drivebys come from,its tricky to pull off with the white+A buttons,especially when youre steering and maintaining a decent speed to pull off. I guess it could be like the old saying,trying to roller skate and chew bubblegum all at once,it just takes practice. Other than that the game is great,love the games scope,the homeboy So.Cal feel,great soundtrack as well.

BlackThorne from the SNES,played on my PSP.

Never played this back in the day but always wanted to. I almost purchased the 32X version but still never did. Anyways the SNES version is fun. It sorta reminds me of Out of this world with its simple get from point a-b feel mechanics,climbing and platforming/shooting animations. While it is sorta tough to play at times all is improved with instant save states on the emulator,whew.

God of War. It really is a great game,I now see why you crazies spoke about it as you did:) . Best hack and slash game this gen. for me. The music,the art style,fun platforming,the crazy back and forth fighting action,hats off to Sony for publishing a great game. Btw-did this come from one of their internal teams? Cause if it did I have even more respect for Sony,please do a sequel for the PS3 some day.

All in all,qreat games for me. Its been awhile since I've played 3 games simultaneously,good stuff here.

So what great games are you guys playing?

Admitting this is allowed?

938549b.jpg

Just finished, after sitting it out for a year or so at 80%. Meh story and ending, but the battle system remains fun.

950578b.jpg

One of the two quick-play games of the moment, simply booting up and running a stage. Will eventually get back to the longer championships.

950573b.jpg

The other current go-to game for quick sessions.

---

Star Ocean PS2 and good old Deus Ex PC are on the backburner for when I can put more concentrated time into either one.

Unison

BlackThorne from the SNES,played on my PSP.

Never played this back in the day but always wanted to. I almost purchased the 32X version but still never did.

I'd say that's the problematic part...

GaimeGuy

MrAngryFace said:
Sure is, shut up.
I'm wondering: Why can someone say "Playing BlackThorne from the SNES on my PSP. Never owned the game" and not get banned, but someone who says something like "I downloaded Samurai Champloo and watched it on my computer well before it ever came out here in America" gets an automatic ban?

It's something I've been wondering about for a while.

One can openly admit to pirating video games on GAF without getting a ban, but pirating anime? No no no.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
After months of barely ever logging on, I've been playing on Xbox Live, staying up until 4-5am two nights in a row now. Also finally started playing some of my backlog of PC games which I never touch:

-The King of Fighters Maximum Impact Maniax (Xbox): Good god are there some cheap #%$@s playing this game online. It's making me have to resort to similarly cheap tactics. Also already encountered several dickheads with higher ranks than me that disconnected after I beat them; basically it all reminds me a lot of SF3 online. :p Against certain characters, if you get knocked down and don't roll, you're pretty much dead, too. o_O

-Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate (Xbox): Barely ever played this game online; finally started to play it and am enjoying it. DOA isn't the deepest of games, but it's more fun online than most of the other fighting games and it doesn't feel like something is lost in the game play if there's a bit of lag. While the whole "virtual arcade" thing is nice, it sucks having to wait in line if you lose. :)

-Halo 2 (Xbox): Checking out the new maps; the Terminal stage and the swap stage (that reminds of something out of Star Wars) rock. Haven't even seen two of the new maps yet! Good stuff and this breathes a lot of new life into the game for me. I really wish Bungie would have released a level editor disc...and BOTS.

-Unreal Championship 2 (Xbox): This game lost all popularity here on GAF; I didn't even know that they added new downloadable skins and four new levels. This game rocks so much; I need to play it more but the Halo 2 maps have pulled me away for the time being.

-Half-Life 2 (PC): Finally started playing this game; very nice all around. I never played Half-Life 1, so I'm thinking about stopping and playing HL Source first.

-Far Cry (PC): I like the game's tropical setting and I like that you're just going against soldiers instead of stupid monsters or aliens for once. Hope this doesn't change farther in.

-Heretic Kingdom (PC): Installed. Played for five minutes. It sucks. Selling it tomorrow.

_Angelus_

Banned
Ignore my request for help in GTASA. I dunno if this did the trick but I added alot of stamina to my character and it seems as though he can suddenly take more damage than before,that driveby where I had to mix it up with 10 bangers was alot easier. Where I would get shot up now I'm able to take more damage. Does stamina add that much or was I just lucky? I always thought it was for sprinting and swimming only.

Btw...

I'm not gonna bullshit any of you,no I don't own the game.
I totally forgot about the rules of this forum.
If you need to ban me for this then go ahead I suppose.
I wasn't trying to promote piracy. I was just saying that a game I had always wanted to play turned out to be pretty great. To the point where I'd buy if I saw it in my area. I know I saw a 32X version,but I dunno how that one stacks up next to the SNES version.

Again,sorry about my original post.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Finaika said:
At home... NOTHING!

At arcades:
Tekken 5
Soul Calibur II
SNK vs Capcom: Chaos
King of Fighters 2002/2003/Neowave

Well I'm gonna start playing Digital Devil Saga or Shadow Hearts II soon tho heh...

You have all that at your local arcade? Where do you live?

APF

Just Finished:

Shadow Hearts
1038095579-00.jpg

Psychonauts
B0007PIEAQ.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Star Wars: Republic Commando
B0001XM2HU.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Now Playing:

Grandia
1044319524-00.jpg

Gradius V
B0000AHOOG.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Kirby: Canvas Curse
B00095LIC0.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Advance Wars 2
B00008YMZV.01-AIGI2YLZJE0LN._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Riviera
B0007U0GT8.01-AIGI2YLZJE0LN._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Ongoing:

Street Fighter AC
B0002B90BW.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Soul Calibur II
B00008H2IS.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

demi

do we really have to post boxarts, cmon now

i just fired up Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon

adventure games are the best

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Lyte Edge said:
-Unreal Championship 2 (Xbox): This game lost all popularity here on GAF; I didn't even know that they added new downloadable skins and four new levels. This game rocks so much; I need to play it more but the Halo 2 maps have pulled me away for the time being.

-Far Cry (PC): I like the game's tropical setting and I like that you're just going against soldiers instead of stupid monsters or aliens for once. Hope this doesn't change farther in.

Didn't know UC2 got new content, gonna have to check it out sometime. The game is underappreciated.

FarCry does start to go downhill in the latter half unfortunately, the new enemies that appear are teh suck.

How smooth is DOA:U? Every online game I have ever tried is riddled with choppy lag, probably just near launch woes, but I assume it's smoothed out now?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
GaimeGuy said:
Admitting this is allowed?

I understand the policy on discussion here with pirated games...

but I fucking hate the pseudo forum police and part-time mods. You people who infest threads trying to get others banned are major douchebags.

GaimeGuy

Musashi Wins! said:
I understand the policy on discussion here with pirated games...

but I fucking hate the pseudo forum police and part-time mods. You people who infest threads trying to get others banned are major douchebags.
I'm sorry. Where did I say I wanted anyone banned?

Memles

MVP Baseball 2005 (GCN) - Almost to September in the season, playing all games.
Fire Emblem (GBA) - Just to Dread Isle, really enjoying it.
Astro Boy: Omega Factor (GBA) - I suck, but 'tis fun.

Anyanka

All arcade....

Area 51
Final Fight
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Street Fighter Anniversary Edition
Tekken 5
Guilty Gear XX

Rodriguez

RTCW, Halo 2, and MVP 2005 on XBL.

I just got Destroy All Humans and Burnout 3 (again). I still have to start Conker and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory campaigns.

itschris

I got a new PC recently, so I've been playing the games I never had a chance to play before:

B00077VDS4.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B0000C0YW2.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B0007D55QO.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

And soon:

B00006I02Z.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Before I got the new PC, I was playing Diablo II: LoD and Baldur's Gate II: ToB. I'll probably return to them later.

Riviera: The Promised Land for GBA (hey, old-school Turn-based single player non-"strategy" RPG fans get desperate. We take what we can get.)

Shin Megami Nocturne for PS2

Don't laugh, Crash Bandicoot 1 on Playstation 1.

It's aged really well, it has a linear simplicity that's really refreshing, and it's no walk in the park, when you miss your save in a bonus game it's throw the controller across the room time. Well worth revisiting. Nearest I have this generation is the side scrolling bonus stuff in the Ratchet'n'Clank games.

And about a third of the way in.. Bloom lighting! In a PSOne game! Naughty Dog just rule...

But I'll be dissapointing demi and not getting 100%, Crash Bandicoot 2 awaits!

Jumping Flash 1 on the other hand has aged really, really badly. Giant pixels coming at you on your HDTV. JF2 might still be a goer though.

I'd like to be playing Psychonauts on Windows but I can't get it for love nor money.

Friend

Just got done with God of War which is game of the year for me so far. Stands with MGS3 and RE4 as one of my favorites of this generation. As for now, I'm playing Shadow Hearts 2.

Top Bottom