• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jump Super Stars new scans (Bleach....)

Ruzbeh

Banned
Nice. I see Kenshin in there, second scan. :) And by the way, I didn't know there was a single player?

Buggy Loop

Wait.. peoples care about bleach? I only watched a few eps when the anime was new and i thought it was very cookie cuter generic hidden hero with bad art anime.. does it get way better later on?

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Buggy Loop said:
Wait.. peoples care about bleach? I only watched a few eps when the anime was new and i thought it was very cookie cuter generic hidden hero with bad art anime.. does it get way better later on?

Similar to what I thought as well, I gave up after 11-12 eps. :/

Bebpo

Banned
Buggy Loop said:

Bleach is like one of the most popular manga/anime in Japan currently although I think it's still behind One Piece in terms of rankings in Jump.

And yes it does get "way better later on" although it's pretty solid even from the start.

Kiriku said:
Similar to what I thought as well, I gave up after 11-12 eps. :/

You missed the main story start by about 3 eps. Around manga vol.5 and anime ep15/16 the main story starts which encompasses the rest of the manga/show. And the main story is good

Bebpo said:
You missed the main story start by about 3 eps. Around manga vol.5 and anime ep15/16 the main story starts which encompasses the rest of the manga/show. And the main story is good

So only, what? 8 hours in?

jarrod

Banned
Speaking of Bleach, where's the GC/DS games Sega anounced ages ago? The GBA version came out already but not a word on the other versions. :/

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Buggy Loop said:
am up to volume 4 of the manga (haven't watched the anime yet even though I have all of it).

the manga rocks.

Bebpo

Banned
keeblerdrow said:
So only, what? 8 hours in?

Or 2 hours if you're reading it. But it's not like you're sitting through 8 hours of terribleness; the start is fine with some enjoyable little arcs. It's just gets that much better when the real meat comes in.

The closest manga/anime equivalent to Bleach is Rurouni Kenshin. Kenshin had like 28 eps of small enjoyable little arcs before the big great arc began. Bleach gets there in 1/2 the time! And yea, it's also like RK since it's easily the best sword fighting action since the RK manga IMO.

borghe said:
am up to volume 4 of the manga (haven't watched the anime yet even though I have all of it).

the manga rocks.

Yes it does; and it's about to get even better for you :)

Ruzbeh

Banned
ThongyDonk said:
so how many copies will this sell again?>?
Well, I was about to reply with something like "10,000,000,000,000 :D" but no. Let's do this seriously. I think it will sell about... 120,000-150,000 in its first week.

I'm not an expert though. Let's all just guess and the one who got nearest will get a cookie. :)

En-ou

man, ds sales are gonna go thru the roof! import get indeed. i dont really like bleach, but kenshin, luffy, gon etc guarantee a purchase from me.

duckroll

If this game indeed had full voice for attacks and stuff for all 150+ characters promised, I'm getting this with a DS.

Ruzbeh

Banned
duckroll said:
If this game indeed had full voice for attacks and stuff for all 150+ characters promised, I'm getting this with a DS.
I think I missed something. Voice attacks? Where does it say that?

I watched the the first 6 or so episodes of bleach and wasn't interested, so I stopped watching. After hearing all my friends ranting about how awesome it was, I picked it up again, and after that point, it really took off and now it's awesome. The other thing that is great is that a good amount of stuff always happens in a bleach episode. Since I keep up with Naruto as well, it's nice to see a fight get finished in an episode because it never happens in Naruto - it moves quickly, has an interesting story and characters, and great humour. Awesome anime.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
The Bleach manga absolutely rocks above all.

I haven't seen the anime, but I wouldn't doubt that it can't quite capture the sheer awesomeness of the manga.

Bebpo

Banned
Shig said:
The Bleach manga absolutely rocks above all.

I haven't seen the anime, but I wouldn't doubt that it can't quite capture the sheer awesomeness of the manga.

Anime isn't as good but this weeks ep
The end of the #13 taicho fight
was pretty damn good :)

duckroll

Ok let's summarize the announced stuff:

01) Eyeshield 21
02) Ichigo 100%
03) Katei Kyoushi Hitman Reborn!
04) Gintama
05) Kochikame
06) Shaman King
07) D.Gray-man
08) Death Note
09) Prince of Tennis
10) Dragon Ball
11) Naruto
12) Hunter x Hunter
13) Hikaru no Go
14) Pyuu to Fuku! Jaguar
15) Busou Renkin
16) Black Cat
17) Boboboobo Boobobo
18) Mr. Fullswing
19) YuGiOh
20) Yu Yu Hakusho
21) Rurouni Kenshin
22) One Piece
23) Bleach
24) ???????
25) ???????
26) ???????
27) ???????

Personally I'm guessing the final 4 will be: Beet the Vandal Buster, Whistle!, Sand Land and Saint Seiya. Let's see how accurate I am. :D

Bebpo

Banned
Tempy said:
So how does this comic panel thing work in this game?

Not actually having read any info and just looking at all the screenshots I think you tap on a picture and either the character does a special move or it summons the support character. There's something in the new scans about earning new quotes so I wonder if you can a new attack for each quote.

Jonnyram

You set up a deck, like a card game, and your manga pieces will appear from your deck, I believe. Support characters, items, stuff like that. Type of card depends on the size, and you can arrange them how you want in your deck.

TheDiave

Banned
I really hope this game sees a stateside release, although it seems highly unlikely since different publishers -- Konami, Nintendo, Atari, etc. -- all own an IP from the game.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Jonnyram said:
You set up a deck, like a card game, and your manga pieces will appear from your deck, I believe. Support characters, items, stuff like that. Type of card depends on the size, and you can arrange them how you want in your deck.

Sounds like it'll give the game an extra strategic element which sounds very nice.

duckroll

TheDiave said:
I really hope this game sees a stateside release, although it seems highly unlikely since different publishers -- Konami, Nintendo, Atari, etc. -- all own an IP from the game.

Huh? That's not true at all. The complete rights of all the characters are owned by Shueisha Inc and they sublicense the characters for use in various games by different publishers. Shueisha also pretty much wholely owns Viz in the US now so there isn't a problem with media rights either. The only reason that would stop this game from reaching the US would be that a bunch of these characters have no presence in the US market and Viz might decide not to do it.

IJoel

They had me at OP.

Bleach makes me want it even more. How does importing works for the DS? Is it import friendly?

Trevelyon

duckroll said:
Ok let's summarize the announced stuff:

01) Eyeshield 21
02) Ichigo 100%
03) Katei Kyoushi Hitman Reborn!
04) Gintama
05) Kochikame
06) Shaman King
07) D.Gray-man
08) Death Note
09) Prince of Tennis
10) Dragon Ball
11) Naruto
12) Hunter x Hunter
13) Hikaru no Go
14) Pyuu to Fuku! Jaguar
15) Busou Renkin
16) Black Cat
17) Boboboobo Boobobo
18) Mr. Fullswing
19) YuGiOh
20) Yu Yu Hakusho
21) Rurouni Kenshin
22) One Piece
23) Bleach
24) ???????
25) ???????
26) ???????
27) ???????

Wasn't Jotaro announced as a battle character from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, or was I dreaming it?

En-ou

Buggy Loop said:
no...based on the 35 eps i watched so far, its still generic. and it doesnt come close to one piece in terms of anything

anyone know if kurapika from hxh is playable?

Brofist

Buggy Loop said:

who judges a series on a few eps? I would have stopped watching almost everything if I stopped after a few episodes. Naruto didn't kick in for me until around 20. Bleach anime gets good in the late teens.

I forget how jaded most people here are though. see below

En-ou said:
no...based on the 35 eps i watched so far, its still generic. and it doesnt come close to one piece in terms of anything

anyone know if kurapika from hxh is playable?

Pellham

Banned
I actually liked the early volumes of Bleach (before 5) because they were just standalone episodes. The supposed "when it gets good" main storyline is just not for me, because it turns into a boring battle of good vs evil involving everyone, dragonball/naruto-style. I liked it when only a few were involved.

Regardless, this is not surprising news.

cvxfreak

Wow. I wish Pokemon were in here so I could have them square off against Yu-Gi-Oh. :D Ah well, this game looks to be fantastic.

jarrod said:
Speaking of Bleach, where's the GC/DS games Sega anounced ages ago? The GBA version came out already but not a word on the other versions. :/

Here's a commercial for the PS2 game (I don't remember them announcing a GC version). Unfortunately, IMO, it doesn't look very good. I love Bleach, so I hope I'm wrong.

http://www.jeux-france.com/downloads4016_pub-bleach.html

Trevelyon said:
Wasn't Jotaro announced as a battle character from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, or was I dreaming it?

No, you're right. I remember seeing the screens with Jotaro and his Stand. Someone else also said that Dio's Castle was a stage.

Culex

Banned
jarrod said:
Christ, it's like the Gran Turismo of anime.

You make that sound like a bad thing!

I was really hoping Bleach would make it, although I figured it was cut out at the last moment.

Yay! :D

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
So the single player game is like a collect-a-thon with character cards? That sounds pretty awsome like a Pokemon for Action Anime. They need to make this a full series and expand the support roster by 50+ with every sequel that you have to unlock by facing different challenges then make it impossible to collect them all in one profile so you have to win and trade support cards with you others to attain everything.

Also, Bleach Manga >>>>>>>> Bleach Anime.

Sanjuro

I dont know what the hell any of you are talking about....

fonz.jpg

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
YES YES YES! With Bleach confirmed now, holy fucking shit this game is mine if this baby doesn't get published here I'll cry a fucking ocean. :D

this game will be an atomic bomb of epic proportions when it gets release in Japan.

Beezy

Is One Piece as good as they say? I've only seen commercials for it on FOX, but I don't like how it looks. Not sure if I'll ever be able to get into it...

Pellham

Banned
now IIRC, although there are tons of characters from almost every popular shounen jump series, only a small handful of them are actually playable, correct? the rest are just support (whatever that means)?

Top Bottom