• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just had the weirdest 'flashbacks' to a pre-COVID moment

So I watched the 3 new "The Boys" season 2 episodes tonight back to back to back, and they were pretty good, not amazing, but good enough.. but anyway.. I powered through them, with a few drinks, and made it to the end and MAN I had to *piss* like a racehorse, so off I go and.. wow. It was magical.

I'm standing there.. peeing.. and trying to understand like "why does this feel so good?" and I realize.. it's physically and mentally tied in with the movie-going experience. I've gone to see movies (and held my damn pee) for over 30 years. Now I'm home all the time, so I pee whenever I want, there is no waiting, it never builds up, you just go, because it's never more than 50 feet away or whatever. It was the exact feeling you'd get when you finish watching a movie at the theater and held it in all the way to the end and you finally get the bathroom and just.. release. It's amazing.

I haven't "HAD TO PEE" [emphasis mine] in like 6 months. That's freaking weird.

Anyone else have any weird/cool/whatever 'pre-COVID' movements? This new reality is fucking odd.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
I was watching an episode of a TV show and they had a scene in a packed bar. And this flood of warm nostalgia like, "that looks great/I miss that", except it's not like some happy memory like my first kiss or a past vacation, it's GOING TO A FUCKING BAR. Not the world's coolest bar, not a bar filled with models, just a regular bar.

I hate this.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I sometimes question my own happiness when I realize that I’d rather go to the bathroom at work than at home. Is a person suppose to enjoy the restroom at home and the restroom at work should feel disgusting? Is it because I have people to care about at home and at work it’s just a matter of getting the job done.

Top Bottom